Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Engine, Exhaust, Transmission (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Crawford Billet Power Blocks (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60514)

smbstyle 03-12-2014 08:24 AM

Crawford Billet Power Blocks

Anyone else see this show up on their Facebook page yesterday?

https://www.facebook.com/CrawfordPerformance

Seems they're not saying just yet specifically what it is, how it works, how it installs, etc. It's apparently a 23 piece "kit" that installs onto the engine in 30 minutes, requires no tune, and changes "volumetric efficiency" of the engine... price is $399 for the kit.

Direct quote:

This graph is of a totally stock BRZ and the same car with our new Billet power blocks. How much would you pay for 19HP and 15 pound feet of torque that bolts onto your car in 30 min with no tuning necessary? The Blue line is the power and the Yellow line is the torque.

https://scontent-a-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/...70194518_n.jpg

EDIT: here is their detailed explanation of the product:

Crawford Billet Power Blocks
While doing the R/D on a custom intake manifold for the BRZ/FRS market, we stumbled onto a way to create the same power increase at a fraction of the cost. We call them our Billet Power Blocks or BPB.
CNC machined from Billet 6061 aluminum, our BPB sandwich between the cylinder heads and the intake manifold to create longer intake runners. The lengthened intake runners enhance the volumetric efficiency of the engine which translated into an increase of 19 Horse Power, 15 Pound Feet of Torque and narrowed up the torque dip by 300RPM on a totally stock BRZ. Our BPB also works with any aftermarket tune, exhaust and intake components. Our original road testing was done in conjunction with our stage 1 reflash followed by extensive dyno testing with and without a tune.
Our BPB kit consists of 24 pieces that make it a complete bolt on system which can be installed in under 30 min. In the kit you will find 2 BPB, 4 Delrin O-rings, 11 mounting bolts, 1 nut, 4 fuel rail shield risers, 1 support bracket for the direct injection control unit and 1 support bracket for the removal of the 7 pound fuel rail shields for you Race rack guys that are removing weight.
Crawford stands behind this product with a money back guarantee.

Whitigir 03-12-2014 08:34 AM

Can we fix that torque dip ..... Please ........ That brings me nightmare.

I came here expecting a built long block....but mezh

migueralliart 03-12-2014 08:34 AM

My wild guess its probably a manifold phenolic spacer with a throttle body spacer and a tune. Probably overpriced for what it is.

smbstyle 03-12-2014 08:54 AM

Forgot to add... price is $399

mrk1 03-12-2014 08:57 AM

I would rather see the dip gone they some peak numbers

stevo_12v 03-12-2014 09:04 AM

Anyone got any idea what this part looks like??

raul 03-12-2014 09:09 AM

Anyone else's Bullshit meter go off?

Dinko 03-12-2014 09:18 AM

Yeah... I dont like how folks are asking what they are putting into the car and they end up giving a round about answer... think im going to stay away from this, unless they release details more than a "23 piece kit".

Boofneenee 03-12-2014 09:32 AM

I understand the information on this product is minimal but why is everyone so quick to write this off?

hunter3232792 03-12-2014 09:47 AM

subbed for more info

Hawaiian 03-12-2014 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boofneenee (Post 1593073)
I understand the information on this product is minimal but why is everyone so quick to write this off?

Because Crawford and this platform?

They have pawned off some information and parts that have set off a lot of peoples BS meters. The oil baked heads, multiple blown engines including one that popped at 21x hp, and refused to blame it on their tuner.

It's hard to believe that anything that will change airflow post maf won't need some kind of retune.

A quick over/under for you guys, How many of those 23 parts are washers? I'm setting the number at 9.5.

Boofneenee 03-12-2014 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawaiian (Post 1593102)
Because Crawford and this platform?

They have pawned off some information and parts that have set off a lot of peoples BS meters. The oil baked heads, multiple blown engines including one that popped at 21x hp, and refused to blame it on their tuner.

It's hard to believe that anything that will change airflow post maf won't need some kind of retune.

A quick over/under for you guys, How many of those 23 parts are washers? I'm setting the number at 9.5.

Maybe $395 for 20 hp is to good to be true. I agree that no tune and changing air to fuel is not sound but i would love to hear more about this. I hear they have excellent customer service so lets see what they say when i call todY

Sargy 03-12-2014 10:05 AM

interested

Tim_Asphalt_FRS 03-12-2014 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raul (Post 1593054)
Anyone else's Bullshit meter go off?

When it comes to Crawford it's always armed and ready.