Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   BRZ Second-Gen (2022+) -- General Topics (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   2022 Limited Stereo? (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147193)

SpectreRT 10-13-2021 10:31 AM

2022 Limited Stereo?

2 Attachment(s)
Delete if old; I couldn't find this officially answered anywhere else.

I was digging through the Subaru posted parts/manuals, and found different part numbers for the Premium vs. Limited stereo system.
- Premium: Panasonic speakers
- Limited: Pioneer speakers

See attachment screenshots for reference... are we getting a better stereo this time around? Like, one that doesn't sound like gutless garbage? If so, i'm even more excited for my longer drives.

MyHybridBurnsGasAndTires 10-13-2021 10:43 AM

from the brochure on subaru's site, limited gets "8 speakers with 2-channel amplifier"

trippinbillies40 10-13-2021 10:52 AM

I'm beyond annoyed that I didn't think to listen to the stereos when I had a premium and limited at my place for a night. We got too distracted seeing what parts swap and then driving them. I'll chime in when I get my limited shortly, and I know there will be a couple unsold premiums in the area I can go listen to as well.

SpectreRT 10-13-2021 11:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by MyHybridBurnsGasAndTires (Post 3472885)
from the brochure on Subaru's site, limited gets "8 speakers with 2-channel amplifier"

Annoyingly, the Subaru site doesn't go into detail on the audio differences.

SpectreRT 10-13-2021 11:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Ha, their own documentation contradicts itself.

Here is what @MyHybridBurnsGasAndTires posted; which contradicts their 2022 BRZ page.

Quagmire 10-13-2021 11:18 AM

From dealer

1 Attachment(s)
I took pictures of the spec sheets when I placed my order the dealer said I couldn’t keep here is one, I can post all if it’s helpful Interesting bits on the limited (see image)

Sport-Tech 10-13-2021 11:52 AM

Totally off topic, but it seems from the above that the Limited gets nav through the Starlink service - does that mean when your 6 month or 1 year free subscription expires you lose your nav functionality?

SpectreRT 10-13-2021 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sport-Tech (Post 3472903)
Totally off topic, but it seems from the above that the Limited gets nav through the Starlink service - does that mean when your 6 month or 1 year free subscription expires you lose your nav functionality?

Probably, thats how my wife's VW worked. But considering it has apple/android auto integration - I bet 90%+ people will just use their phones.

trippinbillies40 10-13-2021 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sport-Tech (Post 3472903)

Nav isn't tied to a subscription. I'll have to look up the Gen 4 nav updates, but I know on Gen 3 you get two years of free updates then would need to pay Harmon for continued updates.

Alternatively, both trim levels have Android Auto and Apple Carplay, so nav will always be available updated through those sources.

Quagmire 10-13-2021 01:43 PM

Hopefully

Hopefully the limited has better audio. Savagegeese on YT posted the auto premium brz and said audio was best with the fancy stuff disabled. I’m already upset no CD player but that didn’t stop me from placing my order (take my money I thought) I’m 45 years old so likely in the higher age range. Hearing it’s more comfortable is a good thing and tuners can change that. I owned a 2013 limited manual brz and audio I thought was good I drive a 2017 GTI sport now DSG and I think that audio is pretty good for balance and clarity. Thanks for posting the pioneer vs Panasonic info!

wheelspeed 10-13-2021 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpectreRT (Post 3472906)
Probably, thats how my wife's VW worked. But considering it has apple/android auto integration - I bet 90%+ people will just use their phones.

Yeah, car nav doesn't give you traffic updates or cop locations etc. like Waze. I'd love to get the Limited for the stereo but trade the nav for a CD player. :cry:

timurrrr 10-13-2021 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wheelspeed (Post 3473006)
trade the nav for a CD player. :cry:

Why not just use something like Spotify via CarPlay / Android Auto, or a USB stick that fits 100x more songs than a CD possibly can?

Kona61 10-14-2021 12:30 AM

Quote:

Agreed. Part of the reason why I went Premium is that. I don’t think I have ever actually used the built in navigation in any of the cars I owned that had it. So much clumsier to use and the timing, traffic, maps, etc are never as good.

Sport-Tech 10-14-2021 08:34 AM

Quote:

Still using my reliable Win 10 mobile, SOL lol....