Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Engine, Exhaust, Transmission (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Fr (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142560)

Mr.Jerm 09-28-2020 03:29 AM

Fr

Putting on pulleys? Would it mess with the harmonic balancer our longevity of the engine? FRS/BRZ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turdinator 09-28-2020 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Jerm (Post 3371084)
Putting on pulleys? Would it mess with the harmonic balancer our longevity of the engine? FRS/BRZ

Can you be a little clearer about what you are asking? What pulleys?

Mr.Jerm 09-29-2020 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turdinator (Post 3371333)
Can you be a little clearer about what you are asking? What pulleys?

Well it couldn’t have been more clear I think! So for Example: buying and installing pulleys and installing them on the FRS/BRZ our 86 would it mess with the Harmonic balancer if you don’t know what the balancer is look it up Basically that’s all I’m asking

Turdinator 09-29-2020 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Jerm (Post 3371347)
Well it couldn’t have been more clear I think! So for Example: buying and installing pulleys and installing them on the FRS/BRZ our 86 would it mess with the Harmonic balancer if you don’t know what the balancer is look it up Basically that’s all I’m asking

The only things that may effect the harmonic balancer would be internal changes such as lightening the crank or replacing pistons and/or conrods as it may change the the harmonics of of the assembly enough to take it out of the effective range of the damper.

If you were referring to aftermarket idlers, tensioners, alternator and waterpump pulleys then no its unlikely. If you were looking at an aftermarket harmonic balancer or light weight crank pulley that would effect things.

If you were to add a pully on to the front of your existing harmonic balancer to run a supercharger etc it probably would effect things a fair bit.

Tcoat 09-29-2020 04:50 AM

Quote:

It could be far more clear. What "pulleys" are you talking about? As Turd pointed out there are different scenarios.
Don't be a d1ck to people trying to clarify to help you.

JD001 09-29-2020 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tcoat (Post 3371368)
It could be far more clear. What "pulleys" are you talking about? As Turd pointed out there are different scenarios.
Don't be a d1ck to people trying to clarify to help you.

He must have got out the wrong side of his bed, stepped in some Covid-19 virus mess and then cut himself shaving leading to some pretty unsavoury harmonics in the bathroom. Then decided to post his first post on our very "friendly" forum..

Tcoat 09-29-2020 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD001 (Post 3371376)
He must have got out the wrong side of his bed, stepped in some Covid-19 virus mess and then cut himself shaving leading to some pretty unsavoury harmonics in the bathroom. Then decided to post his first post on our very "friendly" forum..

Considering that it is probably one of the top 10 debated subjects here a 10 minute search would show that there is no real answer anyway. It is just two sides with each having total conviction that the other is wrong and "evidence" to prove it.

DarkPira7e 09-29-2020 06:34 AM

Hooked On Harmonics really worked for me!

FR-S2GT86 09-29-2020 11:23 AM

"Fr" Friend request?

Tcoat 09-29-2020 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FR-S2GT86 (Post 3371428)
"Fr" Friend request?

With that sort of response?

https://media1.tenor.com/images/c139...temid=16416116

humfrz 09-29-2020 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FR-S2GT86 (Post 3371428)
"Fr" Friend request?

I'd guess "Fr" stands for "Freaking rude" - :iono:

Mr.Jerm 09-29-2020 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD001 (Post 3371376)

Well in general any pulley the most common one that is put on is the crank pulley (right) it was a simple question the only **** head seems to be u trying to stir up the pot JD001 no need to be a clown to try and gather in audience an it’s my 2nd post lol an the knowledge was appreciated just not yours

Mr.Jerm 09-29-2020 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tcoat (Post 3371377)
Considering that it is probably one of the top 10 debated subjects here a 10 minute search would show that there is no real answer anyway. It is just two sides with each having total conviction that the other is wrong and "evidence" to prove it.

So I guess you’re an audience of the clown to! Lol exactly there is no answer so I made a topic about it just for clarity now I got a clown (jd001 and sideliner (Tcoat) giving opinions I was just searching for facts!

NoHaveMSG 09-29-2020 12:16 PM

Oh this guy is not going to last long lol

That was hard :bonk:

https://www.google.com/search?q=brz+...w=1920&bih=969

Tcoat 09-29-2020 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Jerm (Post 3371451)
So I guess you’re an audience of the clown to! Lol exactly there is no answer so I made a topic about it just for clarity now I got a clown (jd001 and sideliner (Tcoat) giving opinions I was just searching for facts!

There are no “facts” on this subject. There are a bunch of really different opinions. You could read one of the many existing threads to discover this.
You still have not answered the basic questions to even collect opinions.

MuseChaser 09-29-2020 12:45 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Jerm (Post 3371446)
Well in general any pulley the most common one that is put on is the crank pulley (right) it was a simple question the only **** head seems to be u trying to stir up the pot JD001 no need to be a clown to try and gather in audience an it’s my 2nd post lol an the knowledge was appreciated just not yours

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Jerm (Post 3371451)

Ahhhh..... literacy. May it rest in peace.

Mr.Jerm 09-29-2020 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tcoat (Post 3371457)
There are no “facts” on this subject. There are a bunch of really different opinions. You could read one of the many existing threads to discover this.
You still have not answered the basic questions to even collect opinions.

Isn’t the basic question about the pulleys I should of stated the crank pulley to avoid people’s confusion

But then the question remains what about installing all the pulleys

I was just concerned about the harmonic balancer the dude who committed first kinda summed it up for me

Mr.Jerm 09-29-2020 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turdinator (Post 3371357)
The only things that may effect the harmonic balancer would be internal changes such as lightening the crank or replacing pistons and/or conrods as it may change the the harmonics of of the assembly enough to take it out of the effective range of the damper.

If you were referring to aftermarket idlers, tensioners, alternator and waterpump pulleys then no its unlikely. If you were looking at an aftermarket harmonic balancer or light weight crank pulley that would effect things.

If you were to add a pully on to the front of your existing harmonic balancer to run a supercharger etc it probably would effect things a fair bit.

Thanks for that input bro

NoHaveMSG 09-29-2020 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Jerm (Post 3371475)
Isn’t the basic question about the pulleys I should of stated the crank pulley to avoid people’s confusion

I was just concerned about the harmonic balancer the dude who committed first kinda summed it up for me

To some up the crap load of threads I already put a link to......

:iono:

Mr.Jerm 09-29-2020 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoHaveMSG (Post 3371454)
Oh this guy is not going to last long lol

That was hard :bonk:

https://www.google.com/search?q=brz+...w=1920&bih=969

Lol thanks dude!

Tcoat 09-29-2020 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Jerm (Post 3371475)

We are not confused. You asked an unanswerable question since there was not enough detail. Still isn't. You have narrowed it down to the crank pulley but exactly which? It makes a huge difference on what one you are asking about. Each variation has a different set of rabid opinions associated with it.
It is like says "are bigger tires better?" without saying what size or use you plan. There simply is no answer.

MuseChaser 09-29-2020 01:35 PM

if issue is install pulley would of balanced harmonic then u can maybe get kind that plays better wit what your running

x808drifter 09-29-2020 02:20 PM

Don't listen to them.

Just remove it altogether.
That's what I did. Freed up 25whp and 20lbft tq.

JD001 09-29-2020 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Jerm (Post 3371446)

Tut, tut.. oh, well, I hope you get your answer. I will go somewhere else for amusement..

humfrz 09-29-2020 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Jerm (Post 3371478)
Lol thanks dude!

Mr.Jerm, is English your first language?

ElijahF 09-29-2020 04:15 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trJjapRUjH0

Don't know much about crank pulleys, but I watched this video on lightweight crank pulleys a while back. Might be complete BS but the guy talking sounds smart so I believe him.

Mr.Jerm 09-29-2020 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by humfrz (Post 3371519)
Mr.Jerm, is English your first language?

What’s it to ya?

NoHaveMSG 09-29-2020 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElijahF (Post 3371525)

Don't know much about crank pulleys, but I watched this video on lightweight crank pulleys a while back. Might be complete BS but the guy talking sounds smart so I believe him.

I would think it would have something to do with critical speed as well, but I only know enough to make myself sound smart except to the people who are smart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wv4eTE0aUiQ

:D

humfrz 09-29-2020 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Jerm (Post 3371545)
What’s it to ya?

Oh, just curious, trying to give you the benefit of the doubt - :iono:

MuseChaser 09-29-2020 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by humfrz (Post 3371647)
Oh, just curious, trying to give you the benefit of the doubt - :iono:

Me....I'm doubting the benefit.....

Mr.Jerm 09-30-2020 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MuseChaser (Post 3371484)
if issue is install pulley would of balanced harmonic then u can maybe get kind that plays better wit what your running

Says the other clown who can’t put a sentence together LMAO! [emoji1787] u were better off staying quiet [emoji2958] here’s a helpful tip for ya! Next time read out loud next time! that way u can make sum since of what your trying to say [emoji1787]

x808drifter 09-30-2020 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Jerm (Post 3371664)
Says the other clown who can’t put a sentence together LMAO! u were better off staying quiet here’s a helpful tip for ya! Next time read out loud next time! that way u can make sum since of what your trying to say

Really now...

Quote:

Says the other clown who can’t put a sentence together LMAO! You were better off staying quiet. Here’s a helpful tip for ya! Read it out loud next time! That way we can make some sense of what you're trying to say.

https://learnenglishwithdemi.files.w...07aa.jpg?w=640

MuseChaser 09-30-2020 10:56 AM

Quote:

Says the other clown who can’t put a sentence together LMAO! [emoji1787] u were better off staying quiet [emoji2958] here’s a helpful tip for ya! Next time read out loud next time! that way u can make sum since of what your trying to say [emoji1787]

https://media3.giphy.com/media/3o6oz...&rid=200w.webp

https://media0.giphy.com/media/h36vh...rid=giphy.webp

MuseChaser 09-30-2020 11:05 AM

Quote:

Please allow me to further elucidate. The technique I used in my quoted response is commonly known as "satire." Rather than use correct, idiomatic English prose, I attempted to utilize the stilted, misspelled, grammatically incorrect methodology inherent in your posts in order to point out the difficulties presented in parsing your intended meanings. In doing so, a modicum of humor was, hopefully, also present.

Mr.Jerm 09-30-2020 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MuseChaser (Post 3371730)
Please allow me to further elucidate. The technique I used in my quoted response is commonly known as "satire." Rather than use correct, idiomatic English prose, I attempted to utilize the stilted, misspelled, grammatically incorrect methodology inherent in your posts in order to point out the difficulties presented in parsing your intended meanings. In doing so, a modicum of humor was, hopefully, also present.

Ok professor [emoji1812] [emoji1787]

WildCard600 09-30-2020 01:17 PM

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediafile...B4vjoWs-48.gif

dragoontwo 09-30-2020 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildCard600 (Post 3371773)

I see what you did there.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFile...e-call-426.gif

WildCard600 09-30-2020 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragoontwo (Post 3371790)

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFile...or-1081021.gif

mrg666 09-30-2020 03:47 PM

Quote:

Yes, harmony is very important for longevity. But I don't know much about pulleys.

Turdinator 09-30-2020 08:16 PM

I am amazed this thread is still going. At least Mr Jerm has now met the forum's stalwarts.