Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Northern California (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   2016 Norcal86 Board Nomination thread (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101413)

finch1750 02-11-2016 06:12 PM

2016 Norcal86 Board Nomination thread

Nomination time :party0030:

Current board:

President: Jonah aka Finch @finch1750 Stockton, CA

Board members:
Josh @Pish San Jose/San Francisco, CA
Randy @BunnyRZed Sacramento, CA - has indicated he will not be seeking reelection
Jessie @MyRx San Ramon, CA
Plato @PMok Hayward, CA

Current boardmembers are automatically included in the election as the incumbant unless they indicate otherwise.

If you have anyone you think would be a good candidate or think you yourself would be a good candidate please post up with a statement. Please specify if you would like to run for President or for a general board position. If you have any questions on duties please post here or PM a current board member.

The terms will be from March 1, 2016 to February 28, 2017.

Nominations will take place until midnight Wednesday 2/17.

Elections will take place from Thursday 2/18 to Monday 2/22 via poll posted in this forum. Top 4 vote getter will be elected to the board. The Presidential election is seperate and the top vote getter will be elected.

The President is required to put a $100 investment into the club. Each member is required to put a $50 investment into the club. This is returnable by request upon leaving your position at the end of your term

Nominations so far:

President:
Jonah @finch1750

Board:
Plato @PMok
Jessie @MyRx
Josh @Pish
Trevor @MisterSheep
Scott @Pwolf

finch1750 02-11-2016 06:17 PM

reserved

finch1750 02-11-2016 06:18 PM

reserved 2

PMok 02-11-2016 06:24 PM

We need at least 1 more new Board member (thank you Randy for your service!) so I really encourage those who are interested in participating in our community and helping to shape the course of things, to step up and run for the Board! It will also give you valuable experience and insight into how much work goes into making our events and activities a success throughout the year... maybe even tee you up for being President of the club someday. I'm not saying no one should step up to challenge @finch1750 for the spot, as I'm all for the democratic process, but I do think participating on the Board for a term or two would be a great way to dip your toes into the water before attempting to take on a greater responsibility.

nyrip 02-11-2016 06:31 PM

For board member-
I'd like to throw my nomination for @MisterSheep if he will take it. It seems to me like he has been a major force in our little community since July of last year. He has been a major contributor to the forum as well as to the east bay meet and Blackhawk monthly meets. And he has been at almost every single meet I have been to. So that's where my lot is thrown. @MisterSheep Trevor, I'd like to nominate you, if you can.

Byoki 02-11-2016 06:53 PM

@BunnyRZed does not get a choice.... @finch1750

finch1750 02-11-2016 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Byoki (Post 2544631)
@BunnyRZed does not get a choice.... @finch1750

take that up with him lol

Pwolf 02-11-2016 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyrip (Post 2544609)
For board member-
I'd like to throw my nomination for @MisterSheep if he will take it. It seems to me like he has been a major force in our little community since July of last year. He has been a major contributor to the forum as well as to the east bay meet and Blackhawk monthly meets. And he has been at almost every single meet I have been to. So that's where my lot is thrown. @MisterSheep Trevor, I'd like to nominate you, if you can.

I'll second this. @MisterSheep seems a like a good candidate.

Pwolf 02-11-2016 07:17 PM

Also...

Quote:

Originally Posted by finch1750 (Post 2544576)
President:
Jonah @finch1750

FOUR MORE YEARS! FOUR MORE YEARS!

MisterSheep 02-11-2016 07:29 PM

Quote:

For board member-

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pwolf (Post 2544641)
I'll second this. @MisterSheep seems a like a good candidate.

Thanks for the kind words fellas. Ever since I bought the FRS in August I've been trying to make it to every and any meetup I could. Even if I had to create and plan the meetups in order tomake them happen. It was nice getting to know everyone I have met in these past couple months.

As long as Finch has some room for me I am always willing to help out 86drive

finch1750 02-11-2016 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterSheep (Post 2544675)
Thanks for the kind words fellas. Ever since I bought the FRS in August I've been trying to make it to every and any meetup I could. Even if I had to create and plan the meetups in order tomake them happen. It was nice getting to know everyone I have met in these past couple months.

As long as Finch has some room for me I am always willing to help out 86drive

Much to learn young grasshopper. Norcal86 is what we are taking about. 86Drive is @PMok baby and doesnt have a board lol

MisterSheep 02-11-2016 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finch1750 (Post 2544682)
Much to learn young grasshopper. Norcal86 is what we are taking about. 86Drive is @PMok baby and doesnt have a board lol

Thought they were related. Haha either way I am willing to helpout :thumbup:

finch1750 02-11-2016 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterSheep (Post 2544691)
Thought they were related. Haha either way I am willing to helpout :thumbup:

Norcal86 is Fuji Heavy Industries to 86Drive's Subaru. Even though 86Drive came first lol

Pish 02-11-2016 07:46 PM

I do not believe I am allowed to nominate but he was my nomination!

Quote:

For board member-