Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Pbm, stance, or Megan racing LCA’s (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130213)

Feargt86 09-12-2018 11:47 AM

Pbm, stance, or Megan racing LCA’s

Hey guys, so I just put some new wheels on my car but the rear is slightly a little higher than the front and I’m maxed out in the rear, I have about a third of an inch to drop on the front but I do not wanna go any lower on the front. I can barely get out of those Costco speed bumps, do you guys think pbm, Megan, or stance Lower control arms can perhaps drop the car a little bit on the back. Which of these brands can get the job done including camber flexibility wise, I know that pbm is less expensive than the other two. Thoughts?

8RZ 09-12-2018 12:48 PM

So you didn't have this problem with your previous set of wheels? I don't see how just swapping wheels would create that much difference in front/rear ride height.

Feargt86 09-12-2018 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8RZ (Post 3132516)
So you didn't have this problem with your previous set of wheels? I don't see how just swapping wheels would create that much difference in front/rear ride height.

I had my stock 17inch wheels on then once I put on my 18x9.5 wheels I notice a gap in the rear, roughly 1.6 inches, the front is flush with the fender all my coil overs were ride height matched, damping etc. my buddy told me the rear is usually higher for some reason, so I’m trying to remedy that with some lower control arms but not sure what brand to go with or what will do the job

FirstWinter 09-12-2018 03:26 PM

SPL rear lower control arms are great.

VIP BRZ 09-12-2018 03:29 PM

I have the PBM LCA's. They have been great, and they have two mounting holes so you can get them really low. You wont have run max low on your coils.

x808drifter 09-13-2018 04:36 PM

PBM or Stance, avoid Meg.

N1rve 09-13-2018 04:48 PM

What's wrong with SPC LCAs?

x808drifter 09-13-2018 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N1rve (Post 3132931)
What's wrong with SPC LCAs?

He wants ones that lower the mounting point I believe.

tyler_win_photo 09-14-2018 12:18 AM

If you can barely make it over a speed bump.. shouldn't you be raising the car? But yes, all of the LCAs you mentioned will drop the rear down. My brand preference would be pbm or stance.

Tcoat 09-14-2018 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8RZ (Post 3132516)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feargt86 (Post 3132552)
I had my stock 17inch wheels on then once I put on my 18x9.5 wheels I notice a gap in the rear, roughly 1.6 inches, the front is flush with the fender all my coil overs were ride height matched, damping etc. my buddy told me the rear is usually higher for some reason, so I’m trying to remedy that with some lower control arms but not sure what brand to go with or what will do the job

I am with 8. Changing wheels should not impact height. Even if they did it should not be different front to rear.Any change should be the same.

DavidBob 09-14-2018 10:18 AM

I've had Stance LCA's and now I made the switch over to PBM. PBM is the only one that can actually lower your car more because of the two coilover mounting spots (one higher one lower). The rest of the LCA's out there just help with adjusting camber.

asdf 09-14-2018 10:57 AM

RSR is another option

x808drifter 09-14-2018 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidBob (Post 3133145)
I've had Stance LCA's and now I made the switch over to PBM. PBM is the only one that can actually lower your car more because of the two coilover mounting spots (one higher one lower). The rest of the LCA's out there just help with adjusting camber.

:bs:
The stances also lower the rear, while they don't have 2 separate mounting points, they do by design make the mounting point lower than compared to other straight RLCA's.

DavidBob 09-17-2018 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by x808drifter (Post 3133354)
:bs:
The stances also lower the rear, while they don't have 2 separate mounting points, they do by design make the mounting point lower than compared to other straight RLCA's.

Very true, they are kinked in the middle to be lower compared to others buuuuut compare them to pbm. I feel like stance LCA's are still straighter than pbm plus on top of being like curved they also have a hole where you could mount even lower. I'm not here as a pbm rep trying to sell them lol just passing on what I experienced. Going from the same coilover height there's a significant difference on pbm.