Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Engine, Exhaust, Transmission (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Fr (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142560)

Mr.Jerm 09-28-2020 03:29 AM

Fr

Putting on pulleys? Would it mess with the harmonic balancer our longevity of the engine? FRS/BRZ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turdinator 09-28-2020 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Jerm (Post 3371084)
Putting on pulleys? Would it mess with the harmonic balancer our longevity of the engine? FRS/BRZ

Can you be a little clearer about what you are asking? What pulleys?

Mr.Jerm 09-29-2020 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turdinator (Post 3371333)
Can you be a little clearer about what you are asking? What pulleys?

Well it couldnít have been more clear I think! So for Example: buying and installing pulleys and installing them on the FRS/BRZ our 86 would it mess with the Harmonic balancer if you donít know what the balancer is look it up Basically thatís all Iím asking

Turdinator 09-29-2020 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Jerm (Post 3371347)
Well it couldnít have been more clear I think! So for Example: buying and installing pulleys and installing them on the FRS/BRZ our 86 would it mess with the Harmonic balancer if you donít know what the balancer is look it up Basically thatís all Iím asking

The only things that may effect the harmonic balancer would be internal changes such as lightening the crank or replacing pistons and/or conrods as it may change the the harmonics of of the assembly enough to take it out of the effective range of the damper.

If you were referring to aftermarket idlers, tensioners, alternator and waterpump pulleys then no its unlikely. If you were looking at an aftermarket harmonic balancer or light weight crank pulley that would effect things.

If you were to add a pully on to the front of your existing harmonic balancer to run a supercharger etc it probably would effect things a fair bit.

Tcoat 09-29-2020 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Jerm (Post 3371347)

It could be far more clear. What "pulleys" are you talking about? As Turd pointed out there are different scenarios.
Don't be a d1ck to people trying to clarify to help you.

JD001 09-29-2020 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tcoat (Post 3371368)
It could be far more clear. What "pulleys" are you talking about? As Turd pointed out there are different scenarios.
Don't be a d1ck to people trying to clarify to help you.

He must have got out the wrong side of his bed, stepped in some Covid-19 virus mess and then cut himself shaving leading to some pretty unsavoury harmonics in the bathroom. Then decided to post his first post on our very "friendly" forum..

Tcoat 09-29-2020 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD001 (Post 3371376)
He must have got out the wrong side of his bed, stepped in some Covid-19 virus mess and then cut himself shaving leading to some pretty unsavoury harmonics in the bathroom. Then decided to post his first post on our very "friendly" forum..

Considering that it is probably one of the top 10 debated subjects here a 10 minute search would show that there is no real answer anyway. It is just two sides with each having total conviction that the other is wrong and "evidence" to prove it.

DarkPira7e 09-29-2020 06:34 AM

Hooked On Harmonics really worked for me!

FR-S2GT86 09-29-2020 11:23 AM

"Fr" Friend request?

Tcoat 09-29-2020 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FR-S2GT86 (Post 3371428)
"Fr" Friend request?

With that sort of response?

https://media1.tenor.com/images/c139...temid=16416116

humfrz 09-29-2020 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FR-S2GT86 (Post 3371428)
"Fr" Friend request?

I'd guess "Fr" stands for "Freaking rude" - :iono:

Mr.Jerm 09-29-2020 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD001 (Post 3371376)

Well in general any pulley the most common one that is put on is the crank pulley (right) it was a simple question the only **** head seems to be u trying to stir up the pot JD001 no need to be a clown to try and gather in audience an itís my 2nd post lol an the knowledge was appreciated just not yours

Mr.Jerm 09-29-2020 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tcoat (Post 3371377)
Considering that it is probably one of the top 10 debated subjects here a 10 minute search would show that there is no real answer anyway. It is just two sides with each having total conviction that the other is wrong and "evidence" to prove it.

So I guess youíre an audience of the clown to! Lol exactly there is no answer so I made a topic about it just for clarity now I got a clown (jd001 and sideliner (Tcoat) giving opinions I was just searching for facts!

NoHaveMSG 09-29-2020 12:16 PM

Oh this guy is not going to last long lol

That was hard :bonk:

https://www.google.com/search?q=brz+...w=1920&bih=969