Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs) (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Deep scratches by body shop after repair (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115972)

kzale1249 02-26-2017 03:12 AM

Deep scratches by body shop after repair

1 Attachment(s)
Hi guys,

This is my first experience with a body shop repairing my car. I went in to get my rocker panel repaired after I curbed it pretty badly. I went to a pretty reputable body shop (Aldercrest in Lynnwood, WA). I'm not here to talk sh*t about them but rather, I need advice on how to deal with it. And to be honest, they did a very good job repairing and repainting the panels.

After the repair I had a couple deep scratches that I can feel with my finger nail which I'm very sure it wasn't there before the repair. Also, I noticed there are a couple spec of dust on the paint that causes bubbling. I know that these are small details but it bothers me a lot. If anyone has experienced this before please help me out.

Thank you,
Tom

86geek 02-26-2017 01:54 PM

Be honest with them about it and see what they have to say. Be calm when discussing it with them. I had a similar incident few months ago. I was pissed but was very calm in discussing the issues. End result was I was given a full refund plus the shop paid for the over spray removal and to recoat ceramic coating parts on parts of my car. ;)

soulreapersteve 02-26-2017 04:37 PM

If this is a reputable shop, they'll fix those with no extra charge.

Because I'm paranoid, I do a walkaround of my car with phone in hand taking pics and video before handing the keys to a shop (or even dealership). You'll never know what will happen...

kzale1249 02-26-2017 10:51 PM

Thank you for sharing your experience, I also had some overspray issues and also some dust were visible below the clear coat and also signs of dripping (paint drying while its dripping, maybe caused by too much paint at one area). I really hope they would do the same for me as they did for you because im really pissed

humfrz 02-26-2017 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kzale1249 (Post 2860728)
Hi guys,

This is my first experience with a body shop repairing my car. If anyone has experienced this before please help me out.

Thank you,
Tom

I suggest you just take it in to them and explain your concerns. As best as I can see, they can "buff them out".

They most likely will try to make you happy ...... since they don't really want a pissed off customer spreading the word.

Hey, after all, it's a CAR ...... not your SO's face ...... keep that in mind .....you will live longer ...... ;)

humfrz

kzale1249 02-26-2017 10:58 PM

Additional Pictures

5 Attachment(s)
Here are additional pictures taken with a proper camera:

86geek 02-27-2017 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kzale1249 (Post 2861213)
Thank you for sharing your experience, I also had some overspray issues and also some dust were visible below the clear coat and also signs of dripping (paint drying while its dripping, maybe caused by too much paint at one area). I really hope they would do the same for me as they did for you because im really pissed

The overspray I had was white paint on the entire drivers side, roof & front hood, & side view mirror. Oh, & the shop also damaged my front bumper from scratching it when they replaced my front badge. Paint dribble can be seen if you look closely. The shop didn't say anything to me about the front bumper.

Bite the bullet & be calm when discussing your issues. It'll help you get what you want. Put your concerns in writing & give it to them. Documentation is good to have. Good luck. I hope your issues can be resolved.