Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Gran Turismo 7 (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149008)

spike021 03-12-2022 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yoshoobaroo (Post 3510302)
(images)

NGL it's a little scary how close a couple of the photos look to real life... Specifically the ones with the lake and snowy mountains in the background. I'm sure if I zoomed in or whatever it'd be more obvious but just quickly scrolling, it's almost uncanny.

NoHaveMSG 03-12-2022 03:19 PM

You guys are really tempting me to buy a PS5

Kaotic Lazagna 03-12-2022 04:20 PM

I've only really shot one pic in GT7 aside from the one they make you do.

My itasha livery:
https://ugc.gt7.game.gran-turismo.co...981_photo.webp


Comparison to GT Sport (another itasha livery):
http://s3.amazonaws.com/gt7sp-prod/p...14969116_0.jpg

spike021 03-12-2022 09:13 PM

I was doing the BMW menu (22?) and one of the races had heavy rain, so my normal tires weren't cutting it.

Decided to get the racing tier intermediate rain/wet track tires. Save up 28k credits to buy them.

Go back to start the race again, set the tires to those.

Start race. Sunny day.

Me: wtf

Quits race, starts it again. Rain.

Thanks for helping me not waste my precious creds :eyeroll:

For real though those tires are fantastic in the wet.

Kaotic Lazagna 03-12-2022 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spike021 (Post 3510356)
I was doing the BMW menu (22?) and one of the races had heavy rain, so my normal tires weren't cutting it.

Decided to get the racing tier intermediate rain/wet track tires. Save up 28k credits to buy them.

Go back to start the race again, set the tires to those.

Start race. Sunny day.

Me: wtf

Quits race, starts it again. Rain.

Thanks for helping me not waste my precious creds :eyeroll:

For real though those tires are fantastic in the wet.

I only had the comfort tires and the racing hard tires on my E30 when I did that menu. I wasn't sure if I could exit out and buy wet tires, so I tried the comforts. Traction/wet levels never really went past the bottom third line by much, but the comfort tires were terrible. So I swapped to the racing hard and just said, F it. Surprisingly, they're still manageable, and I even went to place 1st. Granted for me, it wasn't pouring crazy. So I'm guessing full wet is needed for races with the traction/wet levels full, intermediates for 2/3 full, and can probably get away with racing slicks if it's only 1/3 full.

p1l0t 03-12-2022 11:44 PM

Yeah that M3 really is ass happy (especially in rain) I put extreme tires on it and 100lbs of ballast forward and nerfed the LSD. Makes it less crazy. If I ever splooge on a wheel maybe I'll undo some of that except the tires.

BTW @Kaotic Lazagna I beat your A-9 time by .003 seconds [emoji38] [emoji1787] it only took me 75 tries.

https://www.twitch.tv/atpilot/v/1424060254?sr=a&t=99s

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

spike021 03-13-2022 01:48 AM

I still haven't installed any custom LSD or transmission because it's too complicated to adjust the settings all myself :lol:

Kaotic Lazagna 03-13-2022 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p1l0t (Post 3510374)
Yeah that M3 really is ass happy (especially in rain) I put extreme tires on it and 100lbs of ballast forward and nerfed the LSD. Makes it less crazy. If I ever splooge on a wheel maybe I'll undo some of that except the tires.

BTW @Kaotic Lazagna I beat your A-9 time by .003 seconds [emoji38] [emoji1787] it only took me 75 tries.

https://www.twitch.tv/atpilot/v/1424060254?sr=a&t=99s

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk


I think all I got for my E30 was the racing full adjustable suspension and transmission, racing hard tires, and just cuz I wanted to change the sound a little, a racing exhaust and air filter. haha.

I actually like the way it handles, and with only 250 hp on tap, the oversteer is very manageable. Unlike the SLR in that one passing mission. I had to turn on TCS to either 1 or 2 for that one, and still couldn't get gold.

haha, maybe I'll go back and try to beat my friends times for the tests. I think that A9 time was either a one or a two shot deal cuz once I hit gold, I don't bother improving my times. :lol:

Kaotic Lazagna 03-13-2022 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spike021 (Post 3510388)
I still haven't installed any custom LSD or transmission because it's too complicated to adjust the settings all myself :lol:

They have automated adjusting based on kph (not sure why it isn't in mph if you select your units as mph).

But the shorter (higher the number) you go, the lower your top speed will be for that gear (or overall for the final drive), but generally will have faster acceleration. Don't pay attention to the PP for tranny adjusting, and just adjust it based on your car and track, cuz some times it'll really drop your PP, say for a shorter track where your top speed won't be more than 200 kph.

To me, this is better than throwing on hp for any race since it'll allow your car to reach top speed quicker, and will help corner exit acceleration. Aside from the Mini, I have yet to throw on any kind of forced induction on a car.

spike021 03-13-2022 05:46 PM

I just finished the European race series and the next menu is the Ford collection. All the events for this menu require a pickup truck but I didn't get one by finishing the European races and there aren't any available in used cars...

Kaotic Lazagna 03-13-2022 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spike021 (Post 3510486)
I just finished the European race series and the next menu is the Ford collection. All the events for this menu require a pickup truck but I didn't get one by finishing the European races and there aren't any available in used cars...

I just went and bought a Tundra TRD Pro for that since you'll get the Raptor as part of the awards. In addition to the required dirt tires, I just did the usual race suspension and transmission and used the stock tires at Daytona. I forget what I set the tranny to, but the PP was right around or under the recommended, and I just managed to finish right in front of the 2nd place truck. Max low and increased the spring rate and sway bars.

For the dirt. I did max high and decreased spring rate, sway bar, and dampening. I think I put the tranny to near the lowest auto setting, which I think was 160 kph. Easier time winning that race than Daytona.

spike021 03-13-2022 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna (Post 3510496)
I just went and bought a Tundra TRD Pro for that since you'll get the Raptor as part of the awards. In addition to the required dirt tires, I just did the usual race suspension and transmission and used the stock tires at Daytona. I forget what I set the tranny to, but the PP was right around or under the recommended, and I just managed to finish right in front of the 2nd place truck. Max low and increased the spring rate and sway bars.

For the dirt. I did max high and decreased spring rate, sway bar, and dampening. I think I put the tranny to near the lowest auto setting, which I think was 160 kph. Easier time winning that race than Daytona.

yeah I did basically the same but bought some of the modifications to tune it up. Worked out.

p1l0t 03-13-2022 09:08 PM

I bought the SVT after comparing the two but now I have 2 of them... I don't see any way to sell it either.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Kaotic Lazagna 03-13-2022 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p1l0t (Post 3510513)
I bought the SVT after comparing the two but now I have 2 of them... I don't see any way to sell it either.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

One of the features that did not return from previous GTs...can't sell your cars in GT7. You can only "discard" them by pressing triangle, iirc, over the car you want to get rid of, and selecting "discard." I had to do that with the one car I won in the roulette, a Scirocco R.

p1l0t 03-13-2022 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna (Post 3510523)
One of the features that did not return from previous GTs...can't sell your cars in GT7. You can only "discard" them by pressing triangle, iirc, over the car you want to get rid of, and selecting "discard." I had to do that with the one car I won in the roulette, a Scirocco R.

Do you get anything back from discarding it though?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

ichitaka05 03-13-2022 11:00 PM

Spend several hours just making skin on zenki, kouki 86 & GR86. Racing? License? Mission? Haven’t done much lol

Kaotic Lazagna 03-13-2022 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p1l0t (Post 3510526)
Do you get anything back from discarding it though?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I suppose I got a garage space back :lol:

Yeah, don't get any credit or anything for discarding a car, unfortunately.


Quote:

Originally Posted by ichitaka05 (Post 3510533)
Spend several hours just making skin on zenki, kouki 86 & GR86. Racing? License? Mission? Havenít done much lol

Post some pics!

Kaotic Lazagna 03-13-2022 11:59 PM

https://ugc.gt7.game.gran-turismo.co...da0_photo.webp



Man, this looked so much better on my TV. wth!

ichitaka05 03-14-2022 12:52 AM

Gran Turismo 7
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna (Post 3510543)
Post some pics!

If & when I find the design I like, Iíll def will post em. I went through like 4 different ones, cuz after Iím done, donít like em & delete it lol

spcmafia 03-14-2022 09:12 AM

That's it, I'm taking the PS4 back from my brother.

RToyo86 03-14-2022 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna (Post 3510544)
https://ugc.gt7.game.gran-turismo.co...da0_photo.webp



Man, this looked so much better on my TV. wth!

That is one thing I had to figure out too when I was messing arund with scapes in GT sport. photos look dull when viewed on a phone or monitor later.

Do you make use of adding filters to specific sections of the image?
It can really help make the car pop out of an otherwise dim lit scape.

Kaotic Lazagna 03-14-2022 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RToyo86 (Post 3510573)
That is one thing I had to figure out too when I was messing arund with scapes in GT sport. photos look dull when viewed on a phone or monitor later.

Do you make use of adding filters to specific sections of the image?
It can really help make the car pop out of an otherwise dim lit scape.

I haven't tried adding filters. I basically treat it like I would shoot with a camera and post process my pics. Haha. I guess I'll have to try out the filters.

For this shot, I wasn't necessarily trying to making the car pop out more as I wanted everything to be together. It looked more realistic on my TV, but once I look at my GT account, the pic looks way less realistic.

p1l0t 03-14-2022 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna (Post 3510544)
https://ugc.gt7.game.gran-turismo.co...da0_photo.webp



Man, this looked so much better on my TV. wth!

It looks amazing on my 85" QLED 4K yada yada but that doesn't mean it will translate on sharing.. I tell people on Twitch they have to imagine how good it looks (since that's like 1080p)...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

p1l0t 03-14-2022 12:51 PM

The real amazing thing is that it looks essentially this good DURING gameplay not just the replays or the photo shoots. Turning off all the HUD features is the best emersion you can buy right now in racing sims. Especially with the meticulous details of the interiors.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Kaotic Lazagna 03-14-2022 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p1l0t (Post 3510601)
It looks amazing on my 85" QLED 4K yada yada but that doesn't mean it will translate on sharing.. I tell people on Twitch they have to imagine how good it looks (since that's like 1080p)...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I never really shared my scapes, so I didn't realize that they get degraded that badly, especially since that R34 pic didn't get degraded that much.



Did you guys prioritize frame rate for in game/play?

Kaotic Lazagna 03-14-2022 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p1l0t (Post 3510614)
The real amazing thing is that it looks essentially this good DURING gameplay not just the replays or the photo shoots. Turning off all the HUD features is the best emersion you can buy right now in racing sims. Especially with the meticulous details of the interiors.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Only problem with that is for cars like the JDM ones where the speedo only goes to 180 kph. Hahaha. Some tracks I gotta rely on my speed in order to know how fast I can take a corner without losing grip. Otherwise, I'm just listening to the engine and tires and don't actually look at my speed.

p1l0t 03-14-2022 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna (Post 3510633)
Only problem with that is for cars like the JDM ones where the speedo only goes to 180 kph. Hahaha. Some tracks I gotta rely on my speed in order to know how fast I can take a corner without losing grip. Otherwise, I'm just listening to the engine and tires and don't actually look at my speed.

Or when the sun is in your eyes, but that's realism for you.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

spike021 03-14-2022 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p1l0t (Post 3510614)
The real amazing thing is that it looks essentially this good DURING gameplay not just the replays or the photo shoots. Turning off all the HUD features is the best emersion you can buy right now in racing sims. Especially with the meticulous details of the interiors.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I've noticed a couple clusters were too dark. Can't remember if it was due to sun or not, though.

Kaotic Lazagna 03-14-2022 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p1l0t (Post 3510641)
Or when the sun is in your eyes, but that's realism for you.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Hahaha. Coming out of a tunnel too. I like the realism actually.

spike021 03-14-2022 08:52 PM

Tried my first Porsche Cup race. Best I could do on first try is 8th place lmao.

p1l0t 03-15-2022 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spike021 (Post 3510704)
Tried my first Porsche Cup race. Best I could do on first try is 8th place lmao.

$100k in upgrades and you should be good for a solid 5th...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Kaotic Lazagna 03-15-2022 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spike021 (Post 3510704)
Tried my first Porsche Cup race. Best I could do on first try is 8th place lmao.

https://y.yarn.co/1b4df37c-5a2c-4453...18569_text.gif

lmao jk

spike021 03-15-2022 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p1l0t (Post 3510732)
$100k in upgrades and you should be good for a solid 5th...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I think I already spent about that much.... that was after pulling a 500k credit rally ticket :cry:

spcmafia 03-15-2022 09:10 AM

Picking up GT 7 today, even if it is on my old PS4 that I gave my brother, well, long term lend over. Taking it all back. Add me on PSN: spcmafia

p1l0t 03-15-2022 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna (Post 3510631)

Did you guys prioritize frame rate for in game/play?

Frame rate yeah but I haven't tried prioritizing the ray tracing yet.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Yoshoobaroo 03-15-2022 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p1l0t (Post 3510798)
Frame rate yeah but I haven't tried prioritizing the ray tracing yet.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk


The ray tracing only takes effect during menus and replays, so the gameplay frame rate isnít affected which is cool. But on the other hand the raytraced reflections only update at 30 Hz, which is really distracting to me when the rest of the car and the environment updates at 60 Hz. So I have raytracing off.

spike021 03-15-2022 03:56 PM

Finally cleared all 3 Porsche races.

Somehow I managed to get into 1st place at the last second or two of the 1-lap Nurburgring one. That was actually a super fun race. A bit exhausting though. The thing I have trouble with is that typically the AI's cluster, and sometimes I find myself pretty far behind the group of 1st,2nd,3rd and maybe 4th place cars. So I have to keep concentrating hard on no cars ahead of me and just hope I can catch up in time, LOL.

p1l0t 03-15-2022 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spike021 (Post 3510838)
Finally cleared all 3 Porsche races.



Somehow I managed to get into 1st place at the last second or two of the 1-lap Nurburgring one. That was actually a super fun race. A bit exhausting though. The thing I have trouble with is that typically the AI's cluster, and sometimes I find myself pretty far behind the group of 1st,2nd,3rd and maybe 4th place cars. So I have to keep concentrating hard on no cars ahead of me and just hope I can catch up in time, LOL.

Yeah I don't care too much about starting last in a one-off event, but in a 3-race series... especially having won or placed well in the first two and then having to battle from the back to catch cars that got to start a half a lap ahead is kind of a kick in the ****. I like this game BECAUSE it's hard, but a normal grid start would be much more realistic on the sim side. They do have arcade vs sim modes so why not make the sim side more true. The look and the feel of the driving is the most realistic I think I have ever seen, but then they go and have this arcade start to the race still. Like if you go through the trouble of differentiating the modes... I think a grid start and a high-hood out of the race straight to the replay result when you hit the wall going 50 mph and this would be the end all of racing games. They can still leave the arcade start an cosmetic only damage in the arcade modes... I know they have a history of being an arcade game but they just did so well on the SIM end of it with the visuals and the feel of the drive like seal the deal. /endrant

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

p1l0t 03-15-2022 04:54 PM

The multiplayer has a normal grid start.. and it's really fun if the cars are close in PP.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

spcmafia 03-15-2022 06:00 PM

Lets go!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...8e279e8a46.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:26 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2023 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.