Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Gran Turismo 7 (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149008)

Kaotic Lazagna 10-13-2022 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WolfpackS2k (Post 3552216)
^^For Tokyo I was referring to the Circuit Experiences. Though I agree with you WRT to the actual set up races.

^The first one (looking left to right) with the WRX is a bitch, at least for me. Still haven't golded it. I've golded one of the Supra ones, and I think one of the Z4 ones as well. Sidenote: hate that damn Z4's handling.

Hmmm, maybe I'm not remembering it right. Lol. Gotta look at it the next time I boot up GT7.

gen3v8 10-20-2022 04:55 AM

Why is it always updating. I get some time and it`s lost with yet another update.

WolfpackS2k 10-20-2022 10:36 AM

I understand that can be annoying, but by this point you should know when updates occur. It's almost like clockwork.

Kaotic Lazagna 10-20-2022 03:15 PM

I believe the updates are every 3rd Tuesday of the month. iirc, PD said they will be giving updates every month, mainly adding cars, but sometimes tracks (new tracks or different layouts), and eventually the whole selling cars back system.

WolfpackS2k 10-20-2022 03:47 PM

Ahem, Thursday bruh:paddle:

Kaotic Lazagna 10-20-2022 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WolfpackS2k (Post 3553165)
Ahem, Thursday bruh:paddle:

Hey, I got the "T" part correct. Close enough. LOL

spcmafia 10-31-2022 07:57 AM

So I did a thing, and Corvette swapped one of my 2018 STI Sport BRZ. Got carried away and did weight reduction up to level 3. Clutch upgrade and I think that was about it. Didn't really touch anything else. Which I might have to actually, because it has so much fckn power that the car looses grip even at 5th.



Laz, you are a guru of vehicle setup, any tips and suggestions?

Kaotic Lazagna 10-31-2022 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spcmafia (Post 3554517)
So I did a thing, and Corvette swapped one of my 2018 STI Sport BRZ. Got carried away and did weight reduction up to level 3. Clutch upgrade and I think that was about it. Didn't really touch anything else. Which I might have to actually, because it has so much fckn power that the car looses grip even at 5th.



Laz, you are a guru of vehicle setup, any tips and suggestions?

I maxed it out on the GT86. LOL. I can't remember my settings, but I really had to play around with it. I gotta remember to take a pic of it the next time I boot up GT7. But TBH, I haven't played GT7 in a while (last time was for our last TA race).

WolfpackS2k 11-01-2022 11:54 AM

LOL. I mean even saying "corvette" engine is a bit misleading. IIRC the only engine swap for the BRZ is the turbocharged drift ready Corvette V8, right?

I regret to say I haven't done much fiddling with my engine swapped cars. Not that I'm lazy, but it's a real PITA to get the tuning right on those cars and spending hours fiddling with those settings (for 1 car, nevermind 20+) isn't really my idea of a good time :bellyroll:

I'm still working on the CEs. 88% complete!

Kaotic Lazagna 11-01-2022 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WolfpackS2k (Post 3554727)
LOL. I mean even saying "corvette" engine is a bit misleading. IIRC the only engine swap for the BRZ is the turbocharged drift ready Corvette V8, right?

I regret to say I haven't done much fiddling with my engine swapped cars. Not that I'm lazy, but it's a real PITA to get the tuning right on those cars and spending hours fiddling with those settings (for 1 car, nevermind 20+) isn't really my idea of a good time :bellyroll:

I'm still working on the CEs. 88% complete!


The new batch of engine swappable cars include the LT (?) engine into the kouki 1st gen 86/BRZ. Really difficult to drive maxed out.

WolfpackS2k 11-01-2022 01:52 PM

ahhhh, my mistake!

gen3v8 11-09-2022 04:26 AM

No Daily workouts. I really have no interest now.

Kaotic Lazagna 11-09-2022 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gen3v8 (Post 3555892)
No Daily workouts. I really have no interest now.

They got rid of being able to get a ticket every day?

spcmafia 11-09-2022 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna (Post 3555927)
They got rid of being able to get a ticket every day?


I think there's a bug because of DLS, but I just played yesterday and got a 3 star ticket as usual, after a few days without playing.

Kaotic Lazagna 11-09-2022 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spcmafia (Post 3555972)
I think there's a bug because of DLS, but I just played yesterday and got a 3 star ticket as usual, after a few days without playing.

Ah. I see. I still haven't played it since the last TA race, so I have no clue what changes happened.

WolfpackS2k 11-11-2022 01:50 PM

Eh? I played last night and got a 4 star ticket, like I always do.

BTW the latest Time Trial may be a good contender for us to get Gold.

Kaotic Lazagna 11-11-2022 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WolfpackS2k (Post 3556217)
Eh? I played last night and got a 4 star ticket, like I always do.

BTW the latest Time Trial may be a good contender for us to get Gold.

ooooh, what's the Time Trial event this time? I really should just boot up GT7. :bellyroll:

WolfpackS2k 11-11-2022 02:37 PM

Interlagos with a stock R34 GTR V Spec II Nur on SH tires.

Kaotic Lazagna 11-11-2022 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WolfpackS2k (Post 3556220)
Interlagos with a stock R34 GTR V Spec II Nur on SH tires.

Skyline eh? I'll pop in GT7 for that!

Kaotic Lazagna 11-11-2022 09:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by spcmafia (Post 3554517)
So I did a thing, and Corvette swapped one of my 2018 STI Sport BRZ. Got carried away and did weight reduction up to level 3. Clutch upgrade and I think that was about it. Didn't really touch anything else. Which I might have to actually, because it has so much fckn power that the car looses grip even at 5th.



Laz, you are a guru of vehicle setup, any tips and suggestions?


Keep in mind this is for a maxed out car on RS tires. Would have to play with the spring rate and camber for lower PP car on sport tires.

Kaotic Lazagna 11-11-2022 09:55 PM

Well, only could manage getting a silver.

And I didn't get the workout ticket either. Back to playing something else.

WolfpackS2k 11-14-2022 11:05 AM

That's so weird. I'm still getting daily workout tickets.

Kaotic Lazagna 11-26-2022 11:35 PM

Anyone else try that new 30-minute Gr.1 race at Road Atlanta? It's stupid hard.

ichitaka05 11-27-2022 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna (Post 3558089)
Anyone else try that new 30-minute Gr.1 race at Road Atlanta? It's stupid hard.

Is it? I thought about doing it few nights back… but didn’t look hard, so didn’t try

Kaotic Lazagna 11-27-2022 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ichitaka05 (Post 3558169)
Is it? I thought about doing it few nights back… but didn’t look hard, so didn’t try

Yeah, I mean, I just tried it once if you don't count my lap or two with the R35 GT500 (don't bother trying this race with anything else other than a stupid VGT). I think I finished either in 12th or 13th. Highest I got up to was 7th. I honestly don't know how to get anywhere near podium. I got freaking lapped by the top 3 cars!!!!

Edit: It was 11th place. Not that that is much better. LOL

ichitaka05 11-27-2022 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna (Post 3558190)
Yeah, I mean, I just tried it once if you don't count my lap or two with the R35 GT500 (don't bother trying this race with anything else other than a stupid VGT). I think I finished either in 12th or 13th. Highest I got up to was 7th. I honestly don't know how to get anywhere near podium. I got freaking lapped by the top 3 cars!!!!

Oh dang! Now that kinda got me interested… but sadly next 3 wks work plus interview gonna keep me busy. I might try it in the Xmas week. lol

spcmafia 11-28-2022 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna (Post 3558089)
Anyone else try that new 30-minute Gr.1 race at Road Atlanta? It's stupid hard.


I kept reading about it on reddit. Apparently doing the circuit experience helps and then using the redbull vehicle is the way to go.

Kaotic Lazagna 11-28-2022 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spcmafia (Post 3558215)
I kept reading about it on reddit. Apparently doing the circuit experience helps and then using the redbull vehicle is the way to go.

NGL, been a while since I played a game on RA. It took almost 20 minutes for me to get used to the track. LOL

I tried it with that free car they gave. I was able to get about 0.75 seconds faster per lap than the McLaren VGT, but fuel economy sucks. I think I had to pit in on either lap 4 or 5, which is 2 or 3 laps sooner than the McLaren. After seeing that, I just exited the race.

WolfpackS2k 11-29-2022 01:55 PM

I hate races that require VGT to win. Master this real life track so you can then win the race with a fake car!

FTR so far I'm struggling a bit with Road Atlanta. It's much easier to drive in real life, LOL. I think depth perception has a lot to do with it given all the elevation change. And yes, the drop off at T11 is just as brutal as it appears in the game. Last time I was there one of my teammates needed dramamine lol.

spcmafia 11-29-2022 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WolfpackS2k (Post 3558405)
I hate races that require VGT to win. Master this real life track so you can then win the race with a fake car!

FTR so far I'm struggling a bit with Road Atlanta. It's much easier to drive in real life, LOL. I think depth perception has a lot to do with it given all the elevation change. And yes, the drop off at T11 is just as brutal as it appears in the game. Last time I was there one of my teammates needed dramamine lol.


Yep, I knew some folks here have probably driven this track IRL and I can't imagine that last turn. I find myself getting off the throttle at the beginning fearing the car will whip out. Can't imagine having the opportunity to experience this track one day. Not even going to try the GR1 race for now.

WolfpackS2k 11-29-2022 04:26 PM

I'll be racing an E36 M3 there in 2 weeks:thumbup:

Kaotic Lazagna 11-30-2022 04:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Completely forgot about the Mazda VGT. LOL. Turns out this race wasn't hard at all. Hahahaha

spcmafia 12-08-2022 08:08 AM

Didn't notice the 25th anniversary races and gave them both a try. The first one at Spa, I went in with the GR86 and boy is that thing fast. My mistakes on the rain and going on full wets cost me the race but managed to only have to fuel once, filling to 3/4 of the tank.


Escudo race took a little to get used to, came in 2nd because I made a mistake on the last lap by braking a little too much. Escudo is very twitchy.

spcmafia 01-05-2023 08:30 AM

Sneak Peaks of the new Gran Turismo Movie. Camera angles look sick.



https://www.polygon.com/23540282/gra...r-release-date

spcmafia 01-05-2023 10:07 AM

GT7 is also getting a free update for VR2 gameplay. Welp, time to start saving for a headset.



https://www.polygon.com/23540319/pla...-vr-update-ps5

NoHaveMSG 01-05-2023 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spcmafia (Post 3562814)
GT7 is also getting a free update for VR2 gameplay. Welp, time to start saving for a headset.



https://www.polygon.com/23540319/pla...-vr-update-ps5

That is a gamechanger. The biggest issue I have with learning tracks is the lack of depth perception makes it a bit hard to judge speed and braking points on a TV/Monitor. And I already have bad depth perception.

spcmafia 01-05-2023 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoHaveMSG (Post 3562869)
That is a gamechanger. The biggest issue I have with learning tracks is the lack of depth perception makes it a bit hard to judge speed and braking points on a TV/Monitor. And I already have bad depth perception.


I agree, for example, I haven't tried playing on a controller so I can't speak for GT7, but back a few years ago, NFS SHIFT 2 had this feature where you could use the right analog stick for a free view, this helped at times but kind of hard to fully apply. Having the ability to move your head around for better track perception/anticipation on turns would add a layer of immersion. Im all in for it. For those who can afford it, great.

spcmafia 01-16-2023 11:10 AM

Ha! Thats kind of cool. I got a cake from the cafe, fireworks, and a car!



https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...f524449ba5.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StraightOuttaCanadaEh 01-16-2023 02:02 PM

I have almost 20 million and can afford the 250 GTO soon from completing all of the circuit experiences, which pay out about 1,200,000 a piece. Still working on the nurburgring, which pays out 5 million but I was off by 1.2 seconds. But anyway, I'm starting to run into a problem where having spent so much effort to make all this money, I no longer want to "spend" it on a given car. Why? I can't use it in any races basically and I could buy 50 others instead.

But 250 GTO...

Edit: went and bought the GTO

Arthur-A 01-16-2023 08:50 PM

I've just realized that the PS5 controller has a gyro mode, lol. So I gave it a shot. Holy shit, once I got used to it, it's like a completely different game now! I played AC on a super high end sim rig ($2000+) and still the car handling in GT7 feel way more realistic to me. Wow, getting a wheel is so tempting now, lol.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:16 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2023 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.