Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Gran Turismo 7 (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149008)

WolfpackS2k 03-28-2022 10:53 AM

In a lot of these "Cup" races, are the AI cars set up for full race? Including race tires? I'm referring to the 650-700 PP races. Pan-American races, Porsche Cup, etc. I'm of the mind that using the stickiest tire possible is "cheating" or can "take away" from a car's natural handling characteristics. However these races are proving VERY DIFFICULT on "street" tires.

Also, Spa for Porsche Cup. How the F do you win this one? It keeps starting to rain heavily halfway through the race and using Race Soft tires means I'm screwed when the rain falls, haha. And yet the AI cars keep pace in the rain. What am I missing here?

p1l0t 03-28-2022 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WolfpackS2k (Post 3513345)
In a lot of these "Cup" races, are the AI cars set up for full race? Including race tires? I'm referring to the 650-700 PP races. Pan-American races, Porsche Cup, etc. I'm of the mind that using the stickiest tire possible is "cheating" or can "take away" from a car's natural handling characteristics. However these races are proving VERY DIFFICULT on "street" tires.

Also, Spa for Porsche Cup. How the F do you win this one? It keeps starting to rain heavily halfway through the race and using Race Soft tires means I'm screwed when the rain falls, haha. And yet the AI cars keep pace in the rain. What am I missing here?

I won it on Extreme Intermediate Wets I think. Those seem to be the best balance of on and off rain.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Kaotic Lazagna 03-28-2022 11:14 AM

Some AI will run slicks and some will run one of the wet tires. You'll know/see who is running what. I play on hard difficulty, so it seems like on the higher PP races, the AIs run slicks (with the aforementioned rain races).

WolfpackS2k 03-28-2022 01:28 PM

Yeah I've got AI difficulty on highest setting as well.

Didn't use rain tires because seems like 1 out of 3 times it won't rain at all. So I assumed rain tires wouldn't be a good idea.

Kaotic Lazagna 03-28-2022 01:44 PM

Unless the preview shows a downpour, I risk it and use slicks and try to get into the lead as quick as possible. As long as the traction bar is no higher than the bottom 3rd, slicks should still be usable enough.

StraightOuttaCanadaEh 03-28-2022 01:46 PM

yeah I couldnt do the nurburgring race cause half or 3/4 of the way in it starts to rain. Best I could do was third. Really annoying cause I was reeling them in. Finished 3-4 seconds behind the leader

spike021 03-28-2022 01:58 PM

I think I discovered a bug in the 3rd race of the final series. I can't remember the track name lol but it's the one where it starts raining about halfway into lap 2 and then tapers off right around when you are finishing up that lap.

Basically it has two really short S-curve corners before the lap checkpoint. I found that if I "accidentally" cut across the S'es too sharply, all of the cars in the group suddenly pitstop. I can keep going, but my traction suddenly goes to complete shit. Partly from the rain but also I think it just totally eff's up the driving mechanics. Then I notice that I'm suddenly in first even though three or four cars were ahead of me. But on the left side leaderboard it shows like +38 seconds for my position o_O.

It makes driving the first half or 2/3 of the final lap exceedingly difficult, and eventually the other cars pass.

It never happened when I raced it in my R33 GTR, but I tried a few times in my Porsche and could reproduce it almost every time.

I then decided to pit in one of the times and it let me change my tires.

I don't get why none of the AI did it previously when I ran the GTR, or why it's so weirdly sudden, and all the cars do it.

I can't imagine this is intended behavior.

p1l0t 03-28-2022 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna (Post 3513381)
Unless the preview shows a downpour, I risk it and use slicks and try to get into the lead as quick as possible. As long as the traction bar is no higher than the bottom 3rd, slicks should still be usable enough.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WolfpackS2k (Post 3513376)
Yeah I've got AI difficulty on highest setting as well.

Didn't use rain tires because seems like 1 out of 3 times it won't rain at all. So I assumed rain tires wouldn't be a good idea.

You guys know that's what the intermediate tires are for right? Wets are useless on dry and slicks are useless on wet...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Kaotic Lazagna 03-28-2022 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p1l0t (Post 3513410)
You guys know that's what the intermediate tires are for right? Wets are useless on dry and slicks are useless on wet...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Wets are for full blown rain. So the wet traction bar is at the top third. Intermediates is for the 2/3 bars. Slicks can still be used for the bottom third, just gotta go a little slower.

Kaotic Lazagna 03-28-2022 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spike021 (Post 3513388)
I think I discovered a bug in the 3rd race of the final series. I can't remember the track name lol but it's the one where it starts raining about halfway into lap 2 and then tapers off right around when you are finishing up that lap.

Basically it has two really short S-curve corners before the lap checkpoint. I found that if I "accidentally" cut across the S'es too sharply, all of the cars in the group suddenly pitstop. I can keep going, but my traction suddenly goes to complete shit. Partly from the rain but also I think it just totally eff's up the driving mechanics. Then I notice that I'm suddenly in first even though three or four cars were ahead of me. But on the left side leaderboard it shows like +38 seconds for my position o_O.

It makes driving the first half or 2/3 of the final lap exceedingly difficult, and eventually the other cars pass.

It never happened when I raced it in my R33 GTR, but I tried a few times in my Porsche and could reproduce it almost every time.

I then decided to pit in one of the times and it let me change my tires.

I don't get why none of the AI did it previously when I ran the GTR, or why it's so weirdly sudden, and all the cars do it.

I can't imagine this is intended behavior.

Talking about Spa? I haven't noticed any bugs there in that race.

I've noticed that some AI are more cautious and will pit in sooner than others. Maybe they're on slicks???

spike021 03-28-2022 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna (Post 3513427)
Talking about Spa? I haven't noticed any bugs there in that race.

I've noticed that some AI are more cautious and will pit in sooner than others. Maybe they're on slicks???

I should've saved the replay. I can try to save it later.

I swear once or twice when it's happened that the first few cars have already passed the pit entrance and then suddenly it happens under the circumstances I mentioned. Also the engine sound gets blippy/glitchy sounding.

They never pitted when I was racing the R33.

p1l0t 03-28-2022 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna (Post 3513426)
Wets are for full blown rain. So the wet traction bar is at the top third. Intermediates is for the 2/3 bars. Slicks can still be used for the bottom third, just gotta go a little slower.

Yeah but if it's on and off rain, especially when it's heavy rain the track stays a bit wet for quite awhile. Anyway I was using the Intermediates and that's how I beat it. Just saying everything doesn't have to be black and white there are times when splitting the difference pays off.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

WolfpackS2k 03-28-2022 05:31 PM

Lol, thanks yes I know what intermediates are for. Just assumed they wouldn't be competitive. I will tackle again. FYI I already took 3rd place but I'm a perfectionist and won't move on until I get 1st, haha.

spcmafia 03-28-2022 05:39 PM

The PS4 Pro is so much faster and the graphics are sooo much better. Also, I just found out that you can do the circuit experience with any track and you get to drive some pretty sweet rides.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kaotic Lazagna 03-28-2022 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p1l0t (Post 3513438)
Yeah but if it's on and off rain, especially when it's heavy rain the track stays a bit wet for quite awhile. Anyway I was using the Intermediates and that's how I beat it. Just saying everything doesn't have to be black and white there are times when splitting the difference pays off.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

That's the strategy and gamble of racing. I like how they really incorporated it into GT7. You'll love the High Speed Ring 30 minute mission!

p1l0t 03-28-2022 07:48 PM

Speaking of agressive A.I. the Skylane went full self-aware, lmao. I already lost the clean race bonus in like the first turn because this Jaguar came to a stop almost in the first turn.. anyway when the Skylane mess with me I wasn't taking it and tried to push it in the grass... It went for BLOOD. I won but the rain stopped last lap too and I was on full wets.. Had to block the low line a little. The lambo would destroyed all 3 of us if there was one more lap. Did some minor off-roading on some wide turns too but STi can handle it AWD.

https://www.twitch.tv/atpilot/v/1439669891?sr=a&t=263s

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Kaotic Lazagna 03-28-2022 10:31 PM

What's crazy is Sophy or what ever the name was, is waaaaaaaaaaaay more aggressive/harsh than that. Curious if they will dial it back when they release it. I kinda hope so cuz if the top GT players didn't stand a chance against it, I surely won't have the slightest hope. LOL

p1l0t 03-28-2022 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna (Post 3513497)
What's crazy is Sophy or what ever the name was, is waaaaaaaaaaaay more aggressive/harsh than that. Curious if they will dial it back when they release it. I kinda hope so cuz if the top GT players didn't stand a chance against it, I surely won't have the slightest hope. LOL

I'm pretty sure the [emoji892][emoji892][emoji892] mode is going to be like the 'impossible' mode where you have to drive dirty or cheat basically to win. Even if it's not 100% what the testing was I can barely handle hard mode so..

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

spike021 03-28-2022 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p1l0t (Post 3513501)
I'm pretty sure the [emoji892][emoji892][emoji892] mode is going to be like the 'impossible' mode where you have to drive dirty or cheat basically to win. Even if it's not 100% what the testing was I can barely handle hard mode so..

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I'm already doing that stuff in hard mode lmao. I definitely sometimes tap AI's or squeeze through spaces and shove them out of the way. But they do that to me too. I've been spun out a bunch during the last few menus' races.

p1l0t 03-28-2022 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spike021 (Post 3513502)
I'm already doing that stuff in hard mode lmao. I definitely sometimes tap AI's or squeeze through spaces and shove them out of the way. But they do that to me too. I've been spun out a bunch during the last few menus' races.

Yeah I try to get the clean race bonus... but once that goes out the window I go dirty.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

spcmafia 03-28-2022 11:12 PM

Laguna Seca is probably the worst place to have an 800HP Camaro. Feel like I’m driving with the nail of my pinky toe on the gas.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spcmafia 03-28-2022 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spcmafia (Post 3513508)
Laguna Seca is probably the worst place to have an 800HP Camaro. Feel like I’m driving with the nail of my pinky toe on the gas.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Interlagos on the other hand…..


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spcmafia 03-28-2022 11:56 PM

I shit you not. I got 5K on a 4 STAR CARD. Kill me…. Kill me now. Biggest prize was a BUGATTI.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kaotic Lazagna 03-29-2022 12:24 AM

I just picked up another 6-star ticket. Oddly enough, it was from the daily one. Still haven't opened my other one, or the 5-star one yet.

Kaotic Lazagna 03-29-2022 01:01 AM

https://ugc.gt7.game.gran-turismo.co...d4d_photo.webp

https://ugc.gt7.game.gran-turismo.co...f26_photo.webp


I don't get how the panning shot looks better than the still shot in scapes (when not viewed on the TV). lol

WolfpackS2k 03-29-2022 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p1l0t (Post 3513503)
Yeah I try to get the clean race bonus... but once that goes out the window I go dirty.

In my experience, if you have the racing line and fairly took the inside line, if the AI cars run into you a Clean Race bonus is still available. I've had the AI initiate contact many times during races and still came away with the CR bonus.

Also at this point I'm just hoarding my gift cards. Fingers crossed that the upcoming GT7 update to revise rewards/credits upwards will mean that these cards give me more.

p1l0t 03-29-2022 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WolfpackS2k (Post 3513633)
In my experience, if you have the racing line and fairly took the inside line, if the AI cars run into you a Clean Race bonus is still available. I've had the AI initiate contact many times during races and still came away with the CR bonus.



Also at this point I'm just hoarding my gift cards. Fingers crossed that the upcoming GT7 update to revise rewards/credits upwards will mean that these cards give me more.

Yeah there is definitely some kind of fault system. The reason I usually lose the CR bonus is one of them brakes harder than I expected or there is group of cars I don't feel like getting bogged down with. If the races were grid starts and like 30 laps it would be one thing but in the short races where the leaders have a half lap head start and you have to start from the very back.. it's like alright shit or get off the pot dude, bang, lol. Most races can be won clean but I just get impatient when I'm disadvantaged from the start even if I do have better car.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Kaotic Lazagna 03-29-2022 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WolfpackS2k (Post 3513633)
Also at this point I'm just hoarding my gift cards. Fingers crossed that the upcoming GT7 update to revise rewards/credits upwards will mean that these cards give me more.

Remember, there's an expiration date on the tickets. Mine expire mid April, so I don't know if that'll be before or after their planned update. Also, the tickets were already received, so even if the update fixes the rigged outcome of future tickets, these tickets may have already have been programmed/scripted to be rigged.

p1l0t 03-29-2022 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna (Post 3513640)
Remember, there's an expiration date on the tickets. Mine expire mid April, so I don't know if that'll be before or after their planned update. Also, the tickets were already received, so even if the update fixes the rigged outcome of future tickets, these tickets may have already have been programmed/scripted to be rigged.

Yeah if it's like a slot machine the outcome is determined before you even press the button. The 'choosing' of a card or spinning a wheel is a just a show to make you feel like you have some influence on it. Depends how it's written, but generally that's how it works. Hope I'm not ruining anyones next casino trip. [emoji51]

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

spcmafia 03-29-2022 02:53 PM

I think the best price I've ever gotten has been a race-built RX-7 out of a 2 star, I think. I wasn't even looking at the time because I was just spamming all the cards I hadn't cashed-in yet.

p1l0t 03-29-2022 03:02 PM

I got the gold bars once for 500,000cr, I think that was a 4-star though before the nerfing.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

p1l0t 03-29-2022 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p1l0t (Post 3510910)
Whelp



(lucky 4 star ticket)https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...5efb4b3c1d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Yup haha 4-star ticket. I got it around the same time Spike did and he was a Café Menu Book or 2 ahead of me so maybe it's common to win it around halfway though? I'm lagging a bit behind now him now I'm only on 34. I wanted to do 3 or 4 last night but they kept spinning me out at Dragon Trail. Eventually I got gold but then it was late and I needed to get some sleep.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

spike021 03-29-2022 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p1l0t (Post 3513651)
Yup haha 4-star ticket. I got it around the same time Spike did and he was a Café Menu Book or 2 ahead of me so maybe it's common to win it around halfway though? I'm lagging a bit behind now him now I'm only on 34. I wanted to do 3 or 4 last night but they kept spinning me out at Dragon Trail. Eventually I got gold but then it was late and I needed to get some sleep.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Yeah I think that's exactly it. The times I've won 100k or 500k were right around when I needed to spend a ton of credits (maybe not for some people who can carefully spec their cars' tunes to match a race but not me). I'm guessing it's definitely planned. At least the menu-based raffle tickets, not the daily ones.

WolfpackS2k 03-29-2022 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p1l0t (Post 3513637)
Yeah there is definitely some kind of fault system. The reason I usually lose the CR bonus is one of them brakes harder than I expected or there is group of cars I don't feel like getting bogged down with. If the races were grid starts and like 30 laps it would be one thing but in the short races where the leaders have a half lap head start and you have to start from the very back.. it's like alright shit or get off the pot dude, bang, lol. Most races can be won clean but I just get impatient when I'm disadvantaged from the start even if I do have better car.

My favorite is when they tap the brakes mid corner for no reason.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna (Post 3513640)
Remember, there's an expiration date on the tickets. Mine expire mid April, so I don't know if that'll be before or after their planned update. Also, the tickets were already received, so even if the update fixes the rigged outcome of future tickets, these tickets may have already have been programmed/scripted to be rigged.

Oh yeah, appreciate the tip. I'm aware. IIRC all the ones I've been getting expire at the end of April. Yeah none expire before 4/23. Just checked.

Kaotic Lazagna 03-29-2022 06:24 PM

My first 6-star, I won that drift BRZ. While a nice prize, that's a car given at one of the missions. So in reality, it was probably one of the lower prizes. Can't even recall if I've ever gotten a gold bar before.

spike021 03-29-2022 07:30 PM

Wow my first six star ticket Lolol I'm sure I'll be getting a lucky 5000 credits from it!!

spike021 03-29-2022 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spike021 (Post 3513718)
Wow my first six star ticket Lolol I'm sure I'll be getting a lucky 5000 credits from it!!

Ten gold bars, 1mil.

p1l0t 03-29-2022 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spike021 (Post 3513719)
Ten gold bars, 1mil.

Yeahhhhh!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Kaotic Lazagna 03-30-2022 02:06 AM

https://ugc.gt7.game.gran-turismo.co...0e0_photo.webp

A livery I made for our forum races. =)

ichitaka05 03-30-2022 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna (Post 3513765)
A livery I made for our forum races. =)

Don't remember our forum was sponsored by manga/anime series "Sono Kisekae Ningyou wa Koi wo Suru" or Crunchyroll. If that was the case, I expect every driver to cosplay every race :lol: :lol: :lol:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:19 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2023 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.