Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Southern California (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Pulled over going under the LAX Tunnel (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81188)

ApolloSki 01-22-2015 05:08 PM

Pulled over going under the LAX Tunnel

1 Attachment(s)
Here's my story:

So I was driving home for some lunch and an Airport cop pulled me over. I was driving behind a large truck so I wasn't driving fast at all, 6th gear cruising. The cops reason for pulling me over was because my car looks like it "races". I was a little shocked due to me trying to go for the clean look. Anyway, the cop proceeds to ask me to open the hood for an inspection. Of course I just installed my JRSC last week which he couldn't get me for because of the CARB legal status. He ended up getting me for my OFHeader which I've had on the car and been running through that tunnel for the last two years. I also just put on bigger mufflers+additional resonator to quiet down the exhaust considerably.

Hope you all enjoyed.

Pic included because apparently racecar:

Attachment 101535

Koa 01-22-2015 05:09 PM

Total D bag.. gotta love our police state. They can realistically do anything and everything if they wanted- that is the definition of slavery right there.

Xuningshen 01-22-2015 05:11 PM

I dont know if thats a valid reason to pull you over lol. and second, the cop was smart enough to know the header wasn't part of the carb legal status or what? from my limited experience, they dont know much about cars.

ApolloSki 01-22-2015 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xuningshen (Post 2101629)
I dont know if thats a valid reason to pull you over lol. and second, the cop was smart enough to know the header wasn't part of the carb legal status or what? from my limited experience, they dont know much about cars.

He called over some of his buddies and had a nice show.

He also cited me for mufflers and tinted windows...lol he gave me everything.

Xuningshen 01-22-2015 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ApolloSki (Post 2101640)
He called over some of his buddies and had a nice show.

He also cited me for mufflers and tinted windows...lol he gave me everything.

ahh okay that makes more sense. That has happened to a few friends of mine. still the reason for pulling you over isn't valid. hes probably just betting you wouldn't do anything about it.

Vincenttam 01-22-2015 06:13 PM

One of the stories where they just get you for everything... shame

YouShallKnow 01-22-2015 06:18 PM

It's certainly not legal to pull you over because you look like a race car. However, since he found illegal exhaust modifications and tinted windows, he'll just say he pulled you over because your exhaust was too loud or because he could see your tinted windows.

Those airport cops are mother fuckers.

ApolloSki 01-22-2015 06:58 PM

He must have assumed my front windows were tinted because I had them both down the whole time he saw my car.

YouShallKnow 01-22-2015 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ApolloSki (Post 2101802)
He must have assumed my front windows were tinted because I had them both down the whole time he saw my car.

That's what I do whenever I pass the cops and I was going to suggest that.

Did he specify what window? The rear windows can be tinted, but can't be too dark. Maybe that's what he was referring to. Or, more likely, he's just an asshole!

swarb 01-22-2015 07:14 PM

nice race car. They can pull you over for anything. "you were going a little fast" , "you changed lanes pretty fast"

What does the ticket say specifically about the header? header=cat=carb=ref

Do you have stock carb tune? and carb plate? wondering if you can get away with the plate with a different tune.

ApolloSki 01-22-2015 07:39 PM

I'm just going to put on my stock header and run my aftermarket tune. Should pass emissions and I don't think they check ecu. All the ticket said was headers, mufflers, tinted windows.

Hyper4mance2k 01-22-2015 07:46 PM

None of your mods matter. You were illegally stopped. Everything will be dismissed. Get a lawyer.

Pkush 01-22-2015 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hyper4mance2k (Post 2101875)
None of your mods matter. You were illegally stopped. Everything will be dismissed. Get a lawyer.

He got a ticket for a muffler, header and tint. If he got a ticket I'm assuming they're illegal in his state. The cop will say "I saw his tint"/"I heard the loud exhaust"

Hanakuso 01-22-2015 08:53 PM

Be glad you didn't get shot