Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Series Blue won't come to New England? (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70891)

Turbowned 07-27-2014 10:07 AM

Series Blue won't come to New England?

I just got a call from a gentleman in VT who was inquiring about a Series Blue BRZ; I took a look at our vehicle locator and right now there is no option to select 2015 BRZ from the drop-down menu. I was under the impression we would be getting them later. Then he calls me back and says that you can build one on Subaru.com if you punch in a non-New England zip code, but if you put in a New England zip it doesn't let you. I understand now that most dealers outside NE already have these cars... Can anyone confirm or deny whether we'll be receiving any up here? I have to email the regional rep tomorrow and see what he says. It's frustrating to think I have to lose a deal to an out-of-state dealer because New England, one of the largest Subaru markets, isn't getting this special model >:-(

zigzagz94 07-27-2014 04:09 PM

If I remember correctly, Isn't Subaru of New England considered a completely separate independent distributor from Subaru of America?

Their website says:
"Subaru of New England is a privately held company, and is the exclusive distributor of all Subaru vehicles and parts to all Subaru retail locations in the six New England states."

Maybe SOA is being allocated the Series Blue now but Subaru of New England will get them later or not at all?

GreenMonster 07-27-2014 08:07 PM

PM noodleface. He seems to know what's going on w/ SNE:

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...2&postcount=19

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showt...t=69831&page=2

I'm in no rush to buy a car, but I've been waiting for the 15's to come in. I had hoped they'd be here by now. If the 15 MY Brz's don't come in till late fall, I might just wait till next spring to buy...

The longer I wait, the more I look at other cars (bugeye wrx, mustang, etc)... it's like a disease :bellyroll:

edit: Hmmm... maybe NE is getting it's own special model :crossfingers:

noodleface 07-28-2014 08:49 AM

SNE will be allocated '15 BRZs as well as Series.Blue BRZs. It's just a matter of when, not if. Our latest shipping info does not show any '15 BRZs at all. We are expecting '15 BRZs sometime in September-ish.

Turbowned 07-28-2014 11:38 AM

Thanks @noodleface. This guy in VT is calling me every day, lol. Looks like he's going to NY to get one :(

jwoodland 08-15-2014 12:06 PM

Realize this is an old thread but, is there any update on when SNE will be able to place orders for 2015 BRZs?

Turbo95eg6 08-15-2014 12:53 PM

Just keep your fingers crossed for a similar series without the ugly interior.

GreenMonster 08-15-2014 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwoodland (Post 1901158)
Realize this is an old thread but, is there any update on when SNE will be able to place orders for 2015 BRZs?

The wait it killing you, ain't it ? :)

MY2015 Mustangs aren't due to dealers till Sept/Oct, and people have been ordering them since MAY !

grinerizer 08-15-2014 02:47 PM

I just checked the pipeline for every state up there, and didn't come up with anything en route.

jwoodland 08-15-2014 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenMonster (Post 1901431)
The wait it killing you, ain't it ? :)

MY2015 Mustangs aren't due to dealers till Sept/Oct, and people have been ordering them since MAY !

Yes...yes it is!!!!!

turbosupra94 08-15-2014 08:17 PM

If I had to guess if your looking for a Series.Blue you may want to find someone that has one. Being there are only a 1000 and a quick google says there 625 subaru's in the US. Using those numbers that is 1.6 per dealership. Competition Subaru on Long Island got 3 and a few in NY got 2. There may be a few on the way but the odds are getting slim. If that poll for what color you got is accurate, there are at least 145 sold to ft86club members... And that dealer on here that sells cars online to forum members got at least six I tend to say. I remember reading they still had 3 whites incoming a whole ago.

HiXxY 08-16-2014 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbosupra94 (Post 1901948)
If I had to guess if your looking for a Series.Blue you may want to find someone that has one. Being there are only a 1000 and a quick google says there 625 subaru's in the US. Using those numbers that is 1.6 per dealership. Competition Subaru on Long Island got 3 and a few in NY got 2. There may be a few on the way but the odds are getting slim. If that poll for what color you got is accurate, there are at least 145 sold to ft86club members... And that dealer on here that sells cars online to forum members got at least six I tend to say. I remember reading they still had 3 whites incoming a whole ago.

1000 made
200 in canada
400 of each color in US

I know the dealership I bought mine still has 2 whites

turbosupra94 08-16-2014 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HiXxY (Post 1902266)
1000 made
200 in canada
400 of each color in US

I know the dealership I bought mine still has 2 whites

I thought it was 1000 in the US since it's called something else in Canada but that was me assuming.

Jertronic 08-17-2014 09:01 PM

The competition for the Blue Series reminds me of the "process" that I was required to follow when getting my fr-s 10-series last June. let's just say that my tactics took a proactive turn.

Sounds like the New England region will require similar shenanigans to be one of the first blue series buyers.

While my information is not 100% confirmed by sources other than my own scion dealer, my 10-series purchase was the very first in New England.