Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Guides (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   2013 Scion FR-S Factory Service / Shop Manual (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12135)

FRSfan111 04-03-2014 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azian_advanced (Post 1644535)
I'll take a look.
What part of the engine section were you getting the problem?

Almost everything under engine and all its sub categories.

azian_advanced 04-03-2014 03:55 PM

Thanks for the feedback.

I found that 105 of 5009 PDF files have this issue and span over the following sub-categories:

Quote:

Table of Contents (Simplified)
  1. Introduction
  2. General
  3. Audio/Visual Telematics
  4. Brake
  5. Drivetrain
  6. Engine
    • Cooling
    • Cruise Control
    • Emission Control
    • Engine Control NOT WORKING
    • Engine Mechanical NOT WORKING
    • Fuel NOT WORKING
    • Intake - Exhaust NOT WORKING
    • Lubrication
    • Starting
  7. Power (Electrical)
  8. Steering
  9. Suspension
  10. Vehicle Exterior
  11. Vehicle Interior

I will attempt to fix it this weekend and post an updated link.

White64Goat 04-06-2014 02:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
5.009 pages!!!!

Shit, i just finished this: Attachment 73287

I might die before I finish 5,009 pages..............:lol:

FRSfan111 04-07-2014 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azian_advanced (Post 1646986)
Thanks for the feedback.

I found that 105 of 5009 PDF files have this issue and span over the following sub-categories:

Thank you! Looking forward to seeing an update. Bought a tablet just for this PDF for my garage.

Kristian 04-07-2014 10:43 PM

Could you make a public link to the .pdf file on Onedrive, Google drive, dropbox or something? I don't feel good about running random setup.exe programs from that mediafire site. Thanks.

gdrider77 04-19-2014 11:44 AM

Ha s this been updated with a proper fix. .PDF yet? Still incomplete and worthless last I checked.

Augora 05-25-2014 06:58 PM

Thanks!

philooo 08-20-2014 08:41 AM

many pages still show a 'login alert' message and no content.

I hope someone fill post an updated version with all pages.

this is already a good document but not complete or messy.

Anthony 01-24-2015 11:00 AM

My desktop is currently down for the count, so I just had to search for this again to download it onto my laptop I'm currently using.

Bump because this is awesome, the link still works, and this is awesome.

Now hopefully it just has the information I need today. 82/156MB and counting...

pleong 05-22-2015 10:37 AM

***WARNING***

So I'm building my motor and this manual seems a little unorganized.. like as if a few pages were placed out of order. But that's ok, because I can just flip through the pages (i printed all 5009 pages) and get to the right page that I need. A little time consuming, but I can work with it.

BUT... As I was putting the timing chain cover back on, (32 bolts), I had a few difficulties deciphering which go where. It was partly my fault since I didn't organize all my bolts and nuts well enough to remember where they go. BUT in this service manual it was saying Bolt A is 20mm in length, Bolt B 25 mm, Bolt C 60mm, and Bolt D 50mm. We found this completely wrong!

I have the newest ALLDATA that includes service manuals for the twins and it should be Bolt A 20mm, Bolt B 50mm, Bolt C 25mm, and Bolt D 60mm.

It's not a HUGE deal because you can usually tell which bolts go where because of the depth.. but if something like this is wrong, it kind of concerns me as to what else could be incorrect, especially with torque values on certain things like the block and head.

Just a warning for anyone using this manual as a guide to rebuild your motor or anything like that.

avishenoy1 07-23-2015 01:52 PM

Thanks OP for making this available. I know that not much has been changed on the newer models but I'd really appreciate if someone could help me get the 2015 version of the Factory Service Manual.

waynesel 09-06-2015 07:53 PM

Hello,

I am new to the forum as I just purchased a new 2015 FR-S RS1 on Friday. Would you know where I can purchase the Shop manuals for this car?
Any help is appreciated. I am totally impressed with what you did copying all of those pages - Awesome.

Wayne

azian_advanced 10-06-2015 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azian_advanced (Post 1646986)
Thanks for the feedback.

Quote:

Table of Contents (Simplified)
  1. Introduction
  2. General
  3. Audio/Visual Telematics
  4. Brake
  5. Drivetrain
  6. Engine
    • Cooling
    • Cruise Control
    • Emission Control
    • Engine Control NOT WORKING
    • Engine Mechanical NOT WORKING
    • Fuel NOT WORKING
    • Intake - Exhaust NOT WORKING
    • Lubrication
    • Starting
  7. Power (Electrical)
  8. Steering
  9. Suspension
  10. Vehicle Exterior
  11. Vehicle Interior

Oops. I completely forgot about this. My bad!
I have gone through my scripts and re-compiled the PDFs with the corrections. (See OP)
I am now subscribed to my own thread and will be monitoring it from now on.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kristian (Post 1656023)
Could you make a public link to the .pdf file on Onedrive, Google drive, dropbox or something? I don't feel good about running random setup.exe programs from that mediafire site. Thanks.

I've changed the main download links to source from my Google Drive account. I hope that works for you.

MrDinkleman 11-27-2015 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waynesel (Post 2382224)
Hello,

I am new to the forum as I just purchased a new 2015 FR-S RS1 on Friday. Would you know where I can purchase the Shop manuals for this car?
Any help is appreciated. I am totally impressed with what you did copying all of those pages - Awesome.

Wayne

I went to my local dealer to try and buy a hard copy of the Service Manual but was told that it is only available on-line. Is this true???? I hope not; I hate reading off of screens and printing sections as I need them seems like it would be a PITA... And I don't mind paying the $1200 (my estimate based on the last Factory Service Manual I bought for a... Yaris!!)...