Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Engine, Exhaust, Bolt-Ons (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   SOLD/Please delete; OFT v2 *Married* (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141964)

MangoFRS 08-17-2020 11:08 PM

SOLD/Please delete; OFT v2 *Married*

3 Attachment(s)
**PRICE CHANGE** Selling for $165. Perfect Condition; no cracks, dents, or scratches. Buyer pays shipping, but willing to meet relatively nearby (Central Florida)

waifu_zn6 08-18-2020 01:40 PM

theres no way for you to "unmarry" it?

86TOYO2k17 08-18-2020 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waifu_zn6 (Post 3359502)

If your tablet is still unusable for the reason(s) above, you may be eligible to take advantage of our exchange program. Our exchange program will deduct $249 from the cost of a replacement OFT for your vehicle/bike.

The way it works is as follows:

We'll provide you with an RMA number (via email) to send in with your return hardware.
You mail us your tablet with the RMA written on the package, and include your printed RMA email packaged inside the box.
When we receive the tablet, we will verify it is in exchangeable condition and not (otherwise) broken or damaged.
We will forward you a coupon code to purchase a new OFT from our web-store with a discount of $249 from the original price.
After receipt of your payment, we will ship you your brand new OFT.

So long as there is no physical damage to the OFT hardware, it may be eligible.

A brand new OFT is 499$ + shipping / taxes, you buy this for 190$ + shipping, ship it to OFT wait a few weeks for the RMA to process hope you get approved and then get 250$ off a new OFT for 499$ + shipping / taxes so essentially get a new OFT for 440$ + whatever shipping and taxes are involved probably end up spending 500$+ total.

Th3rdSun 08-18-2020 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 86TOYO2k17 (Post 3359513)

A brand new OFT is 499$ + shipping / taxes, you buy this for 190$ + shipping, ship it to OFT wait a few weeks for the RMA to process hope you get approved and then get 250$ off a new OFT for 499$ + shipping / taxes so essentially get a new OFT for 440$ + whatever shipping and taxes are involved probably end up spending 500$+ total.

I just did the math,and for me,it pretty much comes out to $518.13,and that included all the shipping and sales tax. If I bought it new,it would probably be around $555,with taxes and shipping. While that is a decent savings,the hassle of potentially waiting weeks to get the tablet back is a definite consideration.

MangoFRS 08-19-2020 01:12 PM

Quote:

If your tablet is still unusable for the reason(s) above, you may be eligible to take advantage of our exchange program. Our exchange program will deduct $249 from the cost of a replacement OFT for your vehicle/bike.

We'll provide you with an RMA number (via email) to send in with your return hardware.
You mail us your tablet with the RMA written on the package, and include your printed RMA email packaged inside the box.
When we receive the tablet, we will verify it is in exchangeable condition and not (otherwise) broken or damaged.
We will forward you a coupon code to purchase a new OFT from our web-store with a discount of $249 from the original price.

Thank you for your input, I have adjusted the price accordingly. Do you work with OpenFlash?

MangoFRS 08-19-2020 01:13 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by waifu_zn6 (Post 3359502)

Unfortunately no, I bought it under the impression it was unmarried, and when I realized it wasn't, i was already blocked & ghosted lol

86TOYO2k17 08-19-2020 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MangoFRS (Post 3359877)
Thank you for your input, I have adjusted the price accordingly. Do you work with OpenFlash?

Nope. I had an OFT and a custom E-tune from them but have since switched to ecutek. Zero affiliation with them. Just copy and pasted the info from their website.

Th3rdSun 08-19-2020 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MangoFRS (Post 3359879)
Unfortunately no, I bought it under the impression it was unmarried, and when I realized it wasn't, i was already blocked & ghosted lol

Sorry you got burned. This is why I posted a long story about my unfortunate experience. Lucky for me,the seller was ultra cool. He didn't deliberately try to sell me a married tablet. We've deduced that maybe there was just a glitch when he tried to unmarry it,causing it to be useless to me.

I've suggested that anyone that's selling an OFT V2,dont' just take pictures of empty tune slots. Probably the most important thing is that in the tablet menu,there's a sub-menu that says:ECU Type,Harware Number,Calibration Code,VIN/SN,and Additional Info. If you see a VIN in that menu,then it will not work and you will not be able to marry it to your car no matter what anything else says. Even if tunes are deleted,it is still married the car with whatever VIN is in the display.

Plumbus 08-19-2020 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Th3rdSun (Post 3359940)
Sorry you got burned. This is why I posted a long story about my unfortunate experience. Lucky for me,the seller was ultra cool. He didn't deliberately try to sell me a married tablet. We've deduced that maybe there was just a glitch when he tried to unmarry it,causing it to be useless to me.

I've suggested that anyone that's selling an OFT V2,dont' just take pictures of empty tune slots. Probably the most important thing is that in the tablet menu,there's a sub-menu that says:ECU Type,Harware Number,Calibration Code,VIN/SN,and Additional Info. If you see a VIN in that menu,then it will not work and you will not be able to marry it to your car no matter what anything else says. Even if tunes are deleted,it is still married the car with whatever VIN is in the display.

That is some terrible programming man. A $550 piece of perfectly fine hardware ruined by crappy software.

MangoFRS 09-03-2020 04:37 PM

*Bump*