Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Grinding gearbox, Toyota Sweden do not want to listen :( (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75523)

Fricke 10-07-2014 02:37 PM

Grinding gearbox, Toyota Sweden do not want to listen :(

Hi there, having problems with my gearbox.
it all started when the car was brand new and I drove it out of the car dealer, the first mile, I had syncro scrapings, between first and second and second to third.
so in other words it has grinde the 2 and 3 gear from the first mile, the worst is when the car is cold and no matter how long I wait between gears.
Thought it might get better after the run in period but NO!!!
Have had it too the Toyota dealer, and they switched to a thinner oil :(
Both me and they knew that it would only get worse by the oil change.
But Toyota Sweden said that they were the right thing to do, so they changed the oil, and now I have been driving 4349miles, and of course, it have become WORSE!!
Have contacted them again about the problem, and guess what they want to do, change the oil a second time :bellyroll: when Toyota Sweden's head office claims that they are no solution to the problem :iono:
would be incredibly grateful if some of you wanted to post or e-mail your receipts on the job, ho hawe had your gearbox changed.

so I have something to show that they Actually replacing transmissions, on the other side of the Atlantic :thumbup:

ciro 10-07-2014 07:15 PM

Some times you have to change the fluid a few times. It took twice and the dealer and then switched to motul. Easy fix just needs different fluid for your environment. Cold weather always sucks.

Fricke 10-08-2014 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ciro (Post 1975631)
Some times you have to change the fluid a few times. It took twice and the dealer and then switched to motul. Easy fix just needs different fluid for your environment. Cold weather always sucks.

Hade à realy hot summer, up too 95f, but grinds Any Way.
Dont think the right oil is gone fix this problem :(
Too long gone allredy.
But the funny thing is that when i drive it on the track, thers no problem att all :burnrubber:

Only seams too hapen when i driveit like à *****.

Gues i djust have too tell the tec guys, too filter the gerbox oil, and se how mutch mettal thers is in it, and go fr.o.m. Ther :iono:

chaoskaze 10-08-2014 05:29 AM

I had gear grind like this too, it always grind at below 3.5k rpm. So I had always rav it pass 4k for it to be smooth. It somehow went away after I drove it for a while & change the engine oil to eneos sustina. Try it?

WNDSRFR 10-08-2014 10:49 AM

I had a fifth gear syncro problem. From the first day I had the car the gears would grind everytime I shifted to fifth. I had the dealer check it out at my first oil change. He agreed it had a problem and he would get in touch with Toyota. He also told me not to baby the car, just drive it normally. I ended up just skipping fifth gear because the grind would drive me crazy.
About a month later I get a call from the dealer saying that
Toyota has agreed to give me a NEW transmission.
Brought it into the shop and three days later I had a new transmission. I've had the new one for about a year and it works flawlessly. Much better than the original.
I see so many people on this forum bitching about grinding gears and hoping it will go away, but it won't. It will just get worse.
Your car comes with a warranty. Use it. Demand they fix it. You paid damn good money for a new car. It should be perfect.

WNDSRFR 10-08-2014 12:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here

Fricke 10-09-2014 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WNDSRFR (Post 1976503)
Here

Thanks, djust what i needed :thumbup:

Bonburner 10-09-2014 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WNDSRFR (Post 1976503)
Here
"customer states when making sharp left turns, rear end feels loose"

Sooooo back is sliding? :burnrubber: :bonk:

WNDSRFR 10-09-2014 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonburner (Post 1977664)
Sooooo back is sliding? :burnrubber: :bonk:

LOL
Now that you mention it that does seem like what I was complaining about. My problem was that the rear would make a clunking sound when I really ripped it to the left and punched it. No wonder they didn't take it seriously.
The problem went away when I replaced the springs with Eibach Pro Kit.