Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   User/Vendor/Sponsor Reviews, Feedback, Comments (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Nameless - shoddy work (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94117)

brianhj 08-30-2015 08:24 PM

Nameless - shoddy work

After hearing great things about them and finding the aluminum Sprintex intake tube on their site I purchased it. What I got was an intake tube with two bungs on it instead of one like the photo (and like the original plastic one). I wrote them and they seemed confused and asked for a pic. I sent a pic of it and they didn't seem to know how this could have happened so they asked me to send it back.

First they told me they would replace the second bung with a different type that would have a plug in it so I could use the intake tube normally but have the option to connect something to that extra bung later. I asked if I could get one with just one bung like was advertised. They explained it again and I guess I could hook up a temperature sensor to this other second bung they would be welding onto the tube. Sounded like my only option was to have a tube with two bungs. Whatever. I mailed it back.

What I got back was a tube with one bung. Great, that's what I originally wanted. It looks like they removed the other bung and grinded down the area where it was attached. Now I have this huge dip/valley in the tube where the other bung used to be. Can I not just have a nice smooth shiny clean looking tube like the one pictured on their site? Yes, I so give a damn what things look like, even if it's under the hood.

I wrote them back that I wanted to just return it for a refund. No response. I wrote again, no response. This was 2 months ago. They were really eager to help at first but now they just ignore me.

I guess I'll be selling an aluminum Sprintex intake tube with a damaged spot on it. :mad:

Jonesy86 08-31-2015 10:21 PM

Pm me a photo, i might buy it.

Joyride86 09-01-2015 09:23 PM

Sounds link they messed up your bung hole and now giving you the cold shoulder. That's just wrong. Hopefully this gets rectified.

DAEMANO 09-02-2015 12:09 AM

Nameless was riding high in my book for a while, but after my buddies dual walled Axleback exhaust tips cracked and were repaired, and then cracked again, and were repaired, and then cracked again... no mas. There were more people on the board with the same problem to boot. I have no input on their other items. Maybe in time they'll dial in their exhaust tip fabrication process and materials a bit more. Till then, live and learn. They do make perty stuff though.

Jason@Nameless 09-02-2015 02:04 AM

Email me at jason.g@Namelessperformance.com and we'll gladly pay you exactly what you paid for it and shipping. After we discontinued that product we found a few on the shelf and yours was one of the last ones sold, it had been discontinued for quite some time if I recall correctly. It was certainly our mistake to send it out without the PCV fitting on it.

Who have you been trying to request a return from? I'd like to get to the bottom of this, a friend of mine just emailed me a link to this thread and if I would have know there was another tube out in existence looking for a home I would have bought it back in seconds, we get requests for these pretty regularly and would have no problem ceramic coating it and sending it to another customer unless indeed the damage to the part is as substantial as you say it is. Email me, we'll make it right. No problem.

Jason

brianhj 09-03-2015 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason@Nameless (Post 2377402)
Email me at jason.g@Namelessperformance.com and we'll gladly pay you exactly what you paid for it and shipping. After we discontinued that product we found a few on the shelf and yours was one of the last ones sold, it had been discontinued for quite some time if I recall correctly. It was certainly our mistake to send it out without the PCV fitting on it.

Who have you been trying to request a return from? I'd like to get to the bottom of this, a friend of mine just emailed me a link to this thread and if I would have know there was another tube out in existence looking for a home I would have bought it back in seconds, we get requests for these pretty regularly and would have no problem ceramic coating it and sending it to another customer unless indeed the damage to the part is as substantial as you say it is. Email me, we'll make it right. No problem.

Jason

Thank you Jason! I forwarded you the email chain.

brianhj 09-04-2015 11:48 PM

Any update on this?

brianhj 09-08-2015 09:00 PM

Still haven't heard anything.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Sportsguy83 09-24-2015 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brianhj (Post 2384081)
Still haven't heard anything.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Have you tried calling?

nickmerronesucks 09-24-2015 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joyride86 (Post 2377138)
Sounds link they messed up your bung hole and now giving you the cold shoulder. That's just wrong. Hopefully this gets rectified.

LOL

brianhj 10-01-2015 10:06 AM

@Jason@Nameless can you follow up on this please

Sportsguy83 10-01-2015 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brianhj (Post 2407245)
@Jason@Nameless can you follow up on this please

I ask again, have you tried calling?

LOLS2K 10-01-2015 12:02 PM

Nameless Performance, Inc

Hours : 9am to 5pm - Monday - Friday (PST) Phone : 360.263.5001

Note: They are open now (=

brianhj 10-05-2015 08:38 PM

Fuck off. He's already replied in the thread. He's already replied to me via email. I've already shipped them the fucking intake tube. They signed for it. Are you telling me they forgot all about this? They forgot about the internet? They forgot about their web presence?

If they don't have time to answer emails they shouldn't post a fucking email address under "contact us"

It's shit business practice and it's a shit excuse. Still waiting for a refund. I shouldn't have to call and remind them to conduct their business like professionals.