Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   P 3 Gage (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121826)

Ron B Avery 09-06-2017 11:48 AM

P 3 Gage

2 Attachment(s)
I installed the P 3 gauge in my 86 over the weekend. I purchased mine with the gage already installed in the vent. It took about 15 min, I did not connect the boost sensor and wires yet. I will after my Jackson Racing super charger is installed later this year. On my way to work today. I was watching the Oil temp and Coolant temp. The oil on the freeway after about 5 miles, was 212,and the coolant was 185. My car is stock. except for the cat back exhaust and TRD air filter.
Thanks.
Ron

Jakinit 09-06-2017 04:34 PM

I mean it looks cool, and will be useful when you supercharge it, but I don't see why I would spend that kind of money. I have a $10 bluetooth OBDII adapter and have my temps and anything else I'd like from the OBDII port show up on my headunit when I want to be looking at it.

Ron B Avery 09-06-2017 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakinit (Post 2974037)
I mean it looks cool, and will be useful when you supercharge it, but I don't see why I would spend that kind of money. I have a $10 bluetooth OBDII adapter and have my temps and anything else I'd like from the OBDII port show up on my headunit when I want to be looking at it.

That is true. I just thought it was a nice solution to having a built in gauge.
I was ok with the price.
Ron

DJCarbine 09-06-2017 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron B Avery (Post 2974102)
That is true. I just thought it was a nice solution to having a built in gauge.
I was ok with the price.
Ron

Love mine, I keep it on oil temp most of the time.
I really like that you won't really notice it unless you know to look for it.

Ron B Avery 09-06-2017 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJCarbine (Post 2974124)
Love mine, I keep it on oil temp most of the time.
I really like that you won't really notice it unless you know to look for it.

Very true, that is what I did today. When I have the boost part of it set up,
After I have JR super charger installed. I also rotated the gauge today, so I could see the read out without moving my left hand.
Ron

ChiTownFrs 09-07-2017 09:37 AM

It's definitely a good gauge. I run this myself with 3 more gauges for my JRSC setup. It has come in handy for sure, especially for track use.

TwoChicksOneSTI 09-11-2017 10:38 AM

I've been looking at this gauge for when I get my turbo. Where did you get it from and what options did you choose?

Ron B Avery 09-11-2017 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoChicksOneSTI (Post 2976425)
I've been looking at this gauge for when I get my turbo. Where did you get it from and what options did you choose?

I purchased it from P3 directly. I ordered it with it mounted in the vent from them. Plus the boost sensor accessory for my future super charger install.
Ron

TwoChicksOneSTI 09-11-2017 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron B Avery (Post 2976591)
I purchased it from P3 directly. I ordered it with it mounted in the vent from them. Plus the boost sensor accessory for my future super charger install.

Ron

Thanks!