Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Southern California (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Immediate Impressions OFT (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90166)

Darkparadox911 06-16-2015 03:14 PM

Immediate Impressions OFT

OH MY GAWd! So I gots headers back equal length to be exact and just tuned my car with OFT stage 2. Immediate impressions, FAST! No, like really. Like blistering FAST! Feels like a completely different car! I came from an E90 M3, and I know they're different monsters but wow my BErZ feels up to par with my M3! I'm so excited to wait till my ECU can get used it on a week or so blah blah! Anyway, for those with headers or not, this OFT is the perfect package to get some more speed for your 86. And I am impressed with how smooth the power train is over the whole band! Very quick very accessible very smooth power! Now who has windows so I can scale my MAF so I can install my Perrin 3" CAI!

dpgfunk 06-16-2015 03:18 PM

OH LAWWDDD i can't wait to turn my BRZ in to a M3!!!!!!!!!!!

STV3 06-16-2015 03:21 PM

Heh.... I must have flashed my tune wrong, because my FRS still feels slow...

Porcupint 06-16-2015 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STV3 (Post 2289185)
Heh.... I must have flashed my tune wrong, because my FRS still feels slow...

I guess if you close your eyes and put your foot down, it's kind of the same as an e90. No torque and lots of high RPM noise.

raven1231 06-16-2015 03:29 PM

I snapped my back the first time I floored it after my drop in filter and stage 1 tune

Darkparadox911 06-16-2015 03:34 PM

Right Raven? It basically feels turbocharged!?

JPxM0Dz 06-16-2015 03:47 PM

I ripped a hole in the space-time continuum the first time I flashed mine. Now my BRZ feels like it's in slow motion ever since, maybe I need FI ;)

D_Thissen 06-16-2015 04:10 PM

Maybe its because I am only running stage 1, but my car does not feel fast. Quicker? Yes. Fast? No

Darkparadox911 06-16-2015 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D_Thissen (Post 2289254)
Maybe its because I am only running stage 1, but my car does not feel fast. Quicker? Yes. Fast? No

I feel so damn fast. Maybe Prius territory bro. No jk. All joking aside, it does feel extremely smoother and torque dip in non existent :) feels great.

D_Thissen 06-16-2015 05:59 PM

I will give you that @Darkparadox911

Sam86 05-12-2020 04:47 AM

Sorry for the bump but I just installed my OFT stage 1 tune and wanted a few honest inputs. For me I feel like in the mid range it's a little faster, definitely makes more noise at least but in the low range I'm a little let down.

When at low speeds it feels like i'm having to push in the gas a little more than before the tune for the car to respond. Completely stock it felt pretty quick when accelerating from idle and then lagged in the middle, now it's like the reverse where it stalls at the beginning then picks up the rest of the way through.

Anyone else experience anything similar? I had planned to get UEL headers but not sure if I am now after being a little underwhelmed from stage 1 impressions. I know the uel will definitely boost performance but is that across the board? (ie will boost the low-mid range up) or is it going to feel the same as it does now just with greater acceleration when it hits that mid range?

In my area I don't typically get a chance to go past 60kmph (37mph)- 80 kmph (50 mph). So i'd consider the low rpm range to be more important for backstreet cruising and not sure if 1.2K AUS is worth it for headers unless the difference between stage 1 and 2 is significant

(also I have no plan on using the E85 tune)

BigTuna 05-12-2020 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam86 (Post 3329908)
Sorry for the bump but I just installed my OFT stage 1 tune and wanted a few honest inputs. For me I feel like in the mid range it's a little faster, definitely makes more noise at least but in the low range I'm a little let down.

When at low speeds it feels like i'm having to push in the gas a little more than before the tune for the car to respond. Completely stock it felt pretty quick when accelerating from idle and then lagged in the middle, now it's like the reverse where it stalls at the beginning then picks up the rest of the way through.

Anyone else experience anything similar? I had planned to get UEL headers but not sure if I am now after being a little underwhelmed from stage 1 impressions. I know the uel will definitely boost performance but is that across the board? (ie will boost the low-mid range up) or is it going to feel the same as it does now just with greater acceleration when it hits that mid range?

In my area I don't typically get a chance to go past 60kmph (37mph)- 80 kmph (50 mph). So i'd consider the low rpm range to be more important for backstreet cruising and not sure if 1.2K AUS is worth it for headers unless the difference between stage 1 and 2 is significant

(also I have no plan on using the E85 tune)

When reflashing the tune, it resets the throttle position sensor. It takes a few days to recalibrate. You’ll notice better throttle response the more you drive it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sam86 05-12-2020 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigTuna (Post 3329996)
When reflashing the tune, it resets the throttle position sensor. It takes a few days to recalibrate. You’ll notice better throttle response the more you drive it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never heard that mentioned before when looking into the OFT but thanks for letting me know. Hope i'll see that change as it's the only gripe I've had

sukumizu 05-12-2020 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam86 (Post 3330004)
Never heard that mentioned before when looking into the OFT but thanks for letting me know. Hope i'll see that change as it's the only gripe I've had

Check around here and on reddit, there are ways to lessen the dead pedal feel after flashing. It's too late now so just drive it around for another 50-100 miles and it'll go away.

OFT is not worth it for stage 1 alone IMO. Fixes RPM dips at stops and adds maybe 1-2hp from the dynos I've seen?