Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR HOME TODAY? (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145238)

Sapphireho 09-29-2021 10:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Plumbers are replacing a leaky valve in our water system. Valve happens to be in my backyard. Water will be off all day. I didn't get up in time to get a shower in. Oh well, hot tub time.

humfrz 11-22-2021 12:50 AM

Yep, I thought I'd revive this old thread because "I" did some things around the house this weekend.

Our old refrigerator has been making noise (on and off) for the past week or so. Sometimes it runs quiet then, sometimes it makes a lot of racket (usually in the evenings). So, when it acts up, I just unplug it then plug it back in when we go to bed. OK,OK, so it wasn't going to fix itself, so I called a repairman. Yep, ice was built up on the cooling coils and the recirculating fan was hitting that chunk of ice.

Now, the refrigerator is fixed and I watched how they fixed it, so the next time it ices up, I'll know how to tell my son-in-law how to fix it - ;)

Today the roof got cleaned off, the gutters cleaned out and moss stuff was sprayed on the roof. Yep, plum tuckered me out watching my son-in-law do all that work. - :thumbsup:

THAT'S ALL FOLKS - :thumbup:

Wally86 11-22-2021 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by humfrz (Post 3483398)
Yep, I thought I'd revive this old thread because "I" did some things around the house this weekend.

Our old refrigerator has been making noise (on and off) for the past week or so. Sometimes it runs quiet then, sometimes it makes a lot of racket (usually in the evenings). So, when it acts up, I just unplug it then plug it back in when we go to bed. OK,OK, so it wasn't going to fix itself, so I called a repairman. Yep, ice was built up on the cooling coils and the recirculating fan was hitting that chunk of ice.

Now, the refrigerator is fixed and I watched how they fixed it, so the next time it ices up, I'll know how to tell my son-in-law how to fix it - ;)

Today the roof got cleaned off, the gutters cleaned out and moss stuff was sprayed on the roof. Yep, plum tuckered me out watching my son-in-law do all that work. - :thumbsup:

THAT'S ALL FOLKS - :thumbup:

Is it a Samsung?

I have to take mine apart every so often to clean up the ice buildup on the coils and I've been thinking about wiring in a small heater mod that I saw in a youtube video. It generates just enough heat to get the ice to melt and head down the drip tray the way it should. (My Samsung fridge is 10 years old)

Dadhawk 11-22-2021 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wally86 (Post 3483452)
Is it a Samsung?

I have to take mine apart every so often to clean up the ice buildup on the coils and I've been thinking about wiring in a small heater mod that I saw in a youtube video. It generates just enough heat to get the ice to melt and head down the drip tray the way it should. (My Samsung fridge is 10 years old)

Our Samsung has that exact problem, although it's newer than yours. Apparently it's just one of many issues with Samsungs (our top ice maker started freezing up about 3 months after the warranty expired).

I will never buy another Samsung refrigerator, and I have warned at least a dozen folks away from them.

humfrz 11-22-2021 12:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wally86 (Post 3483452)
Is it a Samsung?

Nope, it's a Kenmore. One would think that they could build a refrigerator that wouldn't do that - after all they have been around for several years. Hey, I got an idea - :thumbsup:

Sapphireho 11-22-2021 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by humfrz (Post 3483494)
Nope, it's a Kenmore. One would think that they could build a refrigerator that wouldn't do that - after all they have been around for several years. Hey, I got an idea - :thumbsup:

Kenmore is the prior year Whirlpool models. Sears has always just put their name on other's products.

pope 11-22-2021 03:19 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Recently built and installed a couch table (shelf) w/ an outlet for powered seasonal decorations.

cjd 11-23-2021 02:49 PM

Just finished pulling a bunch of cat6 (a couple 5e but who's counting) through the walls and up two floors. The up part was easy - behind the fire place bump-outs, and a hole already there between floors just big enough for me to squeeze through. I just attached some 1x3 up between two studs and made a ladder. The walls sucked though. Ended up with 12 holes required, though only five where they're not under a wood shelf (around the basement where the concrete ends) and those were all in the workshop or the utility room (where the rack is set up, wires come into the house, etc).
All the trips up/down the stairs was pretty rough. Guess I'm getting old!
No performance improvement (yet) but a better managed network and much better wifi stability (more access points at lower power levels... city is so so noisy on the wifi bands)

dpfarr 11-25-2021 10:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Mowed and trimmed edges. Also planted one of the coolest trees. Ceibia speciosa

Tcoat 02-25-2022 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarahcoop (Post 3507188)
Personally, I had to clean the flat almost every day. And cooked dinner for my family

https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/c.../Rosie+Gif.gif

Sapphireho 02-25-2022 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarahcoop (Post 3507188)
Personally, I had to clean the flat almost every day. And cooked dinner for my family

Clean the flat, in New Jersey.........

Spuds 02-25-2022 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sapphireho (Post 3507200)
Clean the flat, in New Jersey.........

Yes, obviously it's not a sincere post

Tcoat 02-25-2022 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spuds (Post 3507216)
Yes, obviously it's not a sincere post

Perfectly sincere bot/spammer. The edits will show up eventually.

Wally86 02-28-2022 07:28 AM

Did some cleaning and I'm finally getting rid of that dishwasher that came with my house... ten years ago... I've been using it as a shelf in the garage but I bought some shelving to replace it with this weekend.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...413acc_b_d.jpg