Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   You like sneakers??? (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4166)

M-17 03-12-2012 11:58 PM

You like sneakers???

Well these dudes like'em more...

[u2b]7XedFItfrC8[/u2b]

As much as I like sneakers and collecting them, I would never do what these guys are doing right now.

For those who have no idea what a Yeezy is, its a shoe made by Nike for and by Kanye West.

OrbitalEllipses 03-13-2012 01:28 AM

In the 90s sneakers were way cooler. Sneakerhead-ism now is dumb, it just ain't what it used to be.

Longhorn248 03-13-2012 01:46 AM

These guys are complete idiots.*

*I spent a night outside Best Buy to buy the X-Box 360 at launch. But that was only one night.

Jokerz 03-13-2012 02:01 AM

There's an easier way of doing this... get a part-time job at foot locker ffs

igorot 03-13-2012 03:16 AM

I'm a sneakerhead and most of these guys are just there to re-sell. Make a couple hundred for a 3+ week wait...LOL

OrbitalEllipses 03-13-2012 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by igorot (Post 154837)
I'm a sneakerhead and most of these guys are just there to re-sell. Make a couple hundred for a 3+ week wait...LOL

They could fry cook at their local Mickey D's and make more. Fucking kids.

SVTSHC 03-13-2012 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrbitalEllipses (Post 154852)
They could fry cook at their local Mickey D's and make more. Fucking kids.

I've got friends that actually resell sneakers. I'm not sure about the individual cases of these guys but I know my friends use a personal/sick day or two and wait to get a few pairs to resell. They'll usually come away with an extra 2 grand or so on average.

iff2mastamatt 03-13-2012 12:39 PM

I can't understand these Nike fanatics. To each his own?

Longhorn248 03-13-2012 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVTSHC (Post 154912)
I've got friends that actually resell sneakers. I'm not sure about the individual cases of these guys but I know my friends use a personal/sick day or two and wait to get a few pairs to resell. They'll usually come away with an extra 2 grand or so on average.

This completely makes sense. Taking a day or two off and making a ton of cash sounds like a great idea. Sitting outside a store for over a month is just ridiculous.

RRnold 03-13-2012 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrbitalEllipses (Post 154808)
In the 90s sneakers were way cooler. Sneakerhead-ism now is dumb, it just ain't what it used to be.

+1!!

I have a decent collection of Jordans but there are only a host of pairs that I actually like. Once they went from Nike Air to Jordan Brand, that was when they went to B grades. I remember getting jumped in junior high for wearing either Jordan, British Knight and LA Gear shoes! :lol:

These young cats are killing it! SMH at the recent riots for the Galaxy Foams! They are so ugly too! :barf:

[u2b]S2LttPLRU0o[/u2b]
[u2b]CELroe-oz3k[/u2b]

ZetaVI 03-13-2012 01:37 PM

I remember growing up in the 90's I had pair of Jordans. They meant alot and in that era you wanted to be MJ. Now, I can't see myself getting Jordans even if I wanted to. They are expensive and you gotta lose an arm or leg to get a pair. Plus, they lose value to me if everyone is wearing them. But hey, if you want to spend money on sneakers then it isn't any of my concern.

KaliKev 03-13-2012 01:53 PM

Reminds me of Idiocracy.

These people are as dumb as they come.

cyde01 03-13-2012 02:21 PM

k-swiss was huge in cali in the 90s. don't hardly see them at all now. style is going more towards 70s and 80s now with converse and vans lookin shoes. i'm into pumas personally.
http://www.4puma.com/images/puma/pum...ic-shoes-A.jpg

edit: daaaaaaym 1g for this ish? and people are rioting for them? gotta agree that's wack.

http://infegy.com/buzzstudy/wp-conte...9_1428828.jpeg

RRnold 03-13-2012 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZetaVI (Post 154997)
I remember growing up in the 90's I had pair of Jordans. They meant alot and in that era you wanted to be MJ. Now, I can't see myself getting Jordans even if I wanted to. They are expensive and you gotta lose an arm or leg to get a pair. Plus, they lose value to me if everyone is wearing them. But hey, if you want to spend money on sneakers then it isn't any of my concern.

Exactly! TBH, most of them are not that good to ball with. I had the original Space Jams and though they are nice, they were very stiff and not that comfortable. When I saw all of the mayhem for those shoes over the holidays, I just had to laugh. :clap:

MJ is the G.O.A.T but any Jordans from '97 and below and designed by Tinker Hatfield and originals are probably the only ones worth anything.

I like the newer technology, the lighter more breathable shoe like the Kobe's or Lebron 8 & 9's.