Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Open letter to the red FR-S with NC plates... (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52216)

dontpanic 11-26-2013 12:17 PM

Open letter to the red FR-S with NC plates...

Our BRZ was parked in which is why i was driving my wife's Volvo C30 on an errand.

At first I did not realize you were trying to race other cars. That's not really where my mind was at the moment. When we wound up side by side at a subsequent light and you revved your engine and dropped into gear I took the bait. I know better. It was bad judgement on my part and I'm not very proud of myself. I'm also sorry and a bit astounded how hard the little volvo hatch accelerated. You had me by a car length at the start - good launch! regrettably from there it was all over... I probably should have let you win but again showed a lapse of judgement. By the hand gesture you offered out your window when you made a right at the next intersection I can tell your ego was bruised.

You are obviously very proud of your ride and have put a lot of yourself into it. In hindsight I realize the giant asian characters filling your tinted rear window were probably "hachi roku". I would lose the "shocker" hand sign sticker though. I'm hoping you realize your stance has your rear tires rub the tops of your wheel-wells (others can hear it oustide your car when you go over bumps)... or it could be the drone from your exhaust drowns it out some.

You do need to realize the FR-S/BRZ are not muscle cars or dragsters and that many family sedans can post 0-60 times that match or beat ours...

Thankfully no one got hurt and traffic was light but it does not excuse our behavior.

Ryuu0u 11-26-2013 12:20 PM

Missed connections section is on craigslist.

DarkSunrise 11-26-2013 12:31 PM

Haha something similar happened with me. I was driving in my GTI on the highway when I saw an FR-S. At first I was going to give a thumbs-up, but then I noticed he was driving like a giant douche, weaving between traffic, tailgating other drivers, and going 30+ above the speed limit.

These cars are cheap enough where young kids can purchase them (or their parents can afford them). Good thing the majority I've seen seem to drive responsibly.

bear89103 11-26-2013 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dontpanic (Post 1354162)
Our BRZ was parked in which is why i was driving my wife's Volvo C30 on an errand.

At first I did not realize you were trying to race other cars. That's not really where my mind was at the moment. When we wound up side by side at a subsequent light and you revved your engine and dropped into gear I took the bait. I know better. It was bad judgement on my part and I'm not very proud of myself. I'm also sorry and a bit astounded how hard the little volvo hatch accelerated. You had me by a car length at the start - good launch! regrettably from there it was all over... I probably should have let you win but again showed a lapse of judgement. By the hand gesture you offered out your window when you made a right at the next intersection I can tell your ego was bruised.

You are obviously very proud of your ride and have put a lot of yourself into it. In hindsight I realize the giant asian characters filling your tinted rear window were probably "hachi roku". I would lose the "shocker" hand sign sticker though. I'm hoping you realize your stance has your rear tires rub the tops of your wheel-wells (others can hear it oustide your car when you go over bumps)... or it could be the drone from your exhaust drowns it out some.

You do need to realize the FR-S/BRZ are not muscle cars or dragsters and that many family sedans can post 0-60 times that match or beat ours...

Thankfully no one got hurt and traffic was light but it does not excuse our behavior.

Wow.. pretty passive aggressive behavior here. Obviously this is just a rub-your-face-in-it post. Pretty jerk move right here. :thumbdown:

husker741 11-26-2013 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bear89103 (Post 1354220)
Wow.. pretty passive aggressive behavior here. Obviously this is just a rub-your-face-in-it post. Pretty jerk move right here. :thumbdown:

Or maybe he's telling people not to drive like asshats or rice out their cars?

JDMrolla 11-26-2013 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by husker741 (Post 1354225)

too late for that, the FRS has brought back "rice" - i'm not impressed with half the FRS' i've seen. Kids just randomly sticking whatever their car for no reason with no direction or vision. Its kind of embarrassing.

kh060 11-26-2013 12:55 PM

LOL, that's pretty funny. If you are going to be a douche at the light, better be 100% sure that you are gonna win. I get that all the time when I still owned my 07 Sky Redline (Sold for this FR-S), just took off the "turbo" badge. Don't know how many times civics rev at me trying to bait for a run but I just let it slide because it's just not worth getting a reckless driving ticket or killing someone. I know 90% of the time I will win but still not worth it. :burnrubber:

Guff 11-26-2013 12:58 PM

Bravo, stranger, bro. A titillating tale that will no doubt be an open letter to all 86 drivers about not only street racing, but the starch content of their rides.

:clap:

Tromatic 11-26-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDMrolla (Post 1354267)
too late for that, the FRS has brought back "rice" - i'm not impressed with half the FRS' i've seen. Kids just randomly sticking whatever their car for no reason with no direction or vision. Its kind of embarrassing.

That will be an unpopular opinion. Even more so because it seems to be true.

bear89103 11-26-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by husker741 (Post 1354225)

Could have easily done that without all the superfluous insults that he lays on that owner and the vehicle.

As immature and stupid that the FR-S owner was in street racing his car, the OP is displaying the same immaturity and jerk-ishness in his post.

STV3 11-26-2013 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bear89103 (Post 1354345)
Could have easily done that without all the superfluous insults that he lays on that owner and the vehicle.

As immature and stupid that the FR-S owner was in street racing his car, the OP is displaying the same immaturity and jerk-ishness in his post.

Hi welcome to the world of car forums... Get over it or get out.

OP funny post man :bellyroll: