Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Engine, Exhaust, Transmission (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Greddy EVOlution GT exhaust install (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102468)

surfdontswim 03-05-2016 01:40 PM

Greddy EVOlution GT exhaust install

For those of you who have installed this exhaust. Did you use the factory donut gasket? According to Greddy, this should be replaced with their special composite gasket and bolts, replacing the factory spring bolts and donut. However, ft86speedfactory and fteightysix say to use the spring bolts and donut. What did you do when installing? The Greddy flange would have to have a concave flange to accept the donut. :iono:

texasbound972 03-05-2016 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by surfdontswim (Post 2570197)
For those of you who have installed this exhaust. Did you use the factory donut gasket? According to Greddy, this should be replaced with their special composite gasket and bolts, replacing the factory spring bolts and donut. However, ft86speedfactory and fteightysix say to use the spring bolts and donut. What did you do when installing? The Greddy flange would have to have a concave flange to accept the donut. :iono:

I used the factory one with my 3" JDL D2 exhaust

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Apex-Apex 03-06-2016 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by surfdontswim (Post 2570197)

No, you reuse the hardware that comes with it. You take out the OEM donut and replace it with the matte grey thick gasket and the two supplied sets of bolts and nuts.

surfdontswim 03-06-2016 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apex-Apex (Post 2570881)
No, you reuse the hardware that comes with it. You take out the OEM donut and replace it with the matte grey thick gasket and the two supplied sets of bolts and nuts.

Thanks for your reply! I appreciate the info. That's what I thought.

BRZ Guy 05-07-2019 08:28 PM

I’m reviving this post as I have a question on the EVOlution that’s similar.

So I currently have the EVO 3” exhaust and it’s flange connects to my OEM front pipe with Greddys provided bolts and flat gasket, doing away with the donut (as per Greddy’s instructions).

I’m about to order a JDL 3” Over pipe / Front pipe combo and have no clue on what flange I need to connect to the EVOlution flange.

JDL’s rear flange choices are:

3.0 flat flange
2.5 flat flange
2.5 OEM donut style

Please help, I’m getting different answers.

DarkPira7e 05-07-2019 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRZ Guy (Post 3215309)
I’m reviving this post as I have a question on the EVOlution that’s similar.

So I currently have the EVO 3” exhaust and it’s flange connects to my OEM front pipe with Greddys provide bolts and flat gasket, doing away with the donut (as per Greddy’s instructions).

I’m about to order a JDL 3” Over pipe / Front pipe combo and have no clue on what flange I need to connect to the EVOlution flange.

JDL’s rear flange choices are:

3.0 flat flange
2.5 flat flange
2.5 OEM donut style

Please help, I’m getting different answers.

If the Evo3 flange is flat, get a flat flange. If the Evo3 is a 2.5" exhaust, get the 2.5" option. If it's a 3" exhaust, get the 3" option. If it's not OEM catback, you do not get the 2.5" OEM flange.

BRZ Guy 05-07-2019 09:21 PM

I’m getting JDL’s 3” exhaust and thought about selecting their 3” flange.

I’m just unsure on the EVO’s flange size with it bolting up to the OEM sized flange. I want to install this without error.

I’ll call Greddy and ask.

Glitchy86 08-25-2019 07:05 PM

Please I need your help. I really like the sound of the Greddy evo gt but I'm very concerned about it hanging low. I have 17×9 +38 wheels and 245/40 tiers and will lower my car 1".

Do you know if I will be scraping like crazy everywhere I go or is it gonna be very minimum scraping?

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Will BRZ 08-25-2019 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glitchy86 (Post 3251392)
Please I need your help. I really like the sound of the Greddy evo gt but I'm very concerned about it hanging low. I have 17×9 +38 wheels and 245/40 tiers and will lower my car 1".

Do you know if I will be scraping like crazy everywhere I go or is it gonna be very minimum scraping?

Thanks.

From what I’ve read, 1” should be fine and anything lower than that would start to scrape. Of course it depends on how the roads are where you live. I considered it for a while and it looks badass, but the roads here are shitty :thumbdown:

Glitchy86 08-27-2019 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Will BRZ (Post 3251443)
From what I’ve read, 1” should be fine and anything lower than that would start to scrape. Of course it depends on how the roads are where you live. I considered it for a while and it looks badass, but the roads here are shitty [emoji107]

That's what I'm concerned about as we have some shitty roads here as well. But I like the sound of it the most.

Thanks for your help again man.

norcalpb 08-27-2019 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glitchy86 (Post 3251392)

Thanks.

You’ll only scrape if you gave people in the back seats and hit a big bump.

Then you can say goodbye to your greddy resonator as it it’ll spider web crack into completely invisible leaks that you’ll never be able to fix without replacing the resonator.

Glitchy86 08-27-2019 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by norcalpb (Post 3251961)
You’ll only scrape if you gave people in the back seats and hit a big bump.

Then you can say goodbye to your greddy resonator as it it’ll spider web crack into completely invisible leaks that you’ll never be able to fix without replacing the resonator.

I use my back seats as a storage place. Never knew ppl can fit in the back lol.

So as long as I don't have people in the back I'll good?

norcalpb 08-27-2019 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glitchy86 (Post 3251976)
I use my back seats as a storage place. Never knew ppl can fit in the back lol.

So as long as I don't have people in the back I'll good?

Correct, but just be mindful that your exhaust will prob be the first thing that touches if the undercarriage gets close to the ground.

Glitchy86 08-27-2019 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by norcalpb (Post 3252101)
Correct, but just be mindful that your exhaust will prob be the first thing that touches if the undercarriage gets close to the ground.

Man I'm still not sure if I should take the rest and deal with it coz I like the sound and the look of it or I should look for other safe options.