Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Northwest (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   NW 86ers Camp and Drive event Saturday June 29th - trip to Oregon coast (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29537)

stockysnail 02-21-2013 10:23 PM

NW 86ers Camp and Drive event Saturday June 29th - trip to Oregon coast

The date is set. Saturday June 29th will be the first annual NW 86ers Camp and Drive event!

***Don't wait to reserve a camping spot if you decide to camp overnight with us as they will sell out before we know it!!***

This is a FR-S/BRZ event for owners and non-owner enthusiast to party at the beach. The destination will be Cape Lookout State Park along the Oregon Coast near Tillamook Oregon. There will be at least a couple events happening after we get there that will be posted later.

The details of the drive and camping details will be updated in the next 2 postings.

*If you are a vendor and would like to in some way sponsor and/or add swag please personal message me as it would be nice to have contests or prizes.

*If you a someone with ideas on the trip feel free to send me a personal message.

The list of who is coming:
Camping overnight:
-@Stockysnail (Josh) - Campsite D29
-@Kensurs (Ken) - Campsite D32
-@Chen (Richard) - Sharing campsite with someone
-@Mongo (?) - Campsite D25
-Luke.Cariveau (Luke) - Campsite ?
-@Wonderbar (Carl/Nikki?) - Campsite ?

Not staying overnight but still coming:
-@indesign (Mike)
-@ilpad (Brian)
-@Tommysfrs (Tommy & Jodi)
-
-

stockysnail 02-21-2013 10:24 PM

CAMPING DETAILS HERE:

CAMPING DETAILS:

If you plan to camp overnight (I am at tent site D29), read below. We will have a big group bonfire on the beach at night for those of us that decide to camp out for the night. Other goodies may be added too for over-nighters.

Camping Fee of $19 (per night) and a reservation fee of $8 (one time fee) for a total of $27 to reserve a camping spot. They only take Visa and Mastercard.

*If you don't have a tent or would like to sleep in your car, last year I had a friend with a tent site and paid the extra vehicle fee of $5, parked in the overflow and slept in my car.

Here's how to reserve a camp (tent) site. You can also reserve RV spots or whatever you'd like if it's free.

1. Goto the following web page
http://www.reserveamerica.com/campgr...&parkCode=look
2. Click the 'Date Range Availability Tab'
3. Using the 'Next 2 weeks' link, get to the date of June 29th
4. Using the 'Previous | Next' links, scroll to the campsite Site # you'd like (we will try to stay in D loop but if that runs out then chose the C loop. A & B loops tend to be extra windy so I avoid them if D or C loops are open)
5. I have chosen tent site D29, so try to get one close to that number if you'd like to be near the group.
6. The rest of the steps should be self explanatory if you've ever purchased anything online. :)

More info about the camping portion will be added when more stuff is should be added.

stockysnail 02-21-2013 10:24 PM

DRIVE DETAILS HERE:

DRIVE DETAILS:

Here's the route for the Portland to Cape Lookout drive/camping trip. Portland eastsiders meet at 10am at stop 1 and westsiders meet at 11am at stop 2. If you are coming from further away then feel free to meet us at any of the spots at the posted times.

http://goo.gl/maps/wgJzu

Stop 1. 10am-1030am - Starbucks
*30min drive to
Stop 2. 11am-noon - Sonic Drive-In (Lunch)
*1hr drive
Stop 3. 1pm-115pm - Hamlet Quick Stop (break/gather for stragglers before hitting Hwy 53)
*1hr drive to
Stop 4. 230pm-330pm - Tillamook Cheese Factory (Ice Cream/food/gather for stragglers before hitting campsite)
*30min drive to
Stop 5. 4pm - Cape Lookout State Park (Park in day use area [if got a camp site register it first then drive over])

Address of each spot:

Stop 1:
Starbucks (next to Petco)
9078 SE Sunnyside Rd
Clackamas, OR 97015

Stop 2:
Sonic Drive-In
7380 NE Butler St
Hillsboro, OR 97124

Stop 3 (at the corner of Hwy 26 and Hwy 53):
Hamlet Quick Stop
38012 U.S. 26
Seaside, OR 97138

Stop 4 (on left after Tillamook bridge):
Tillamook Cheese Factory
4175 U.S. 101
Tillamook, OR 97141

Stop 5:
Cape Lookout State Park
13000 Whiskey Creek Rd
Tillamook, OR 97141

stockysnail 02-21-2013 10:25 PM

EVENTS LIST HERE

LIST OF EVENTS WHEN IN CAPE LOOKOUT CAMPGROUND AND TILLAMOOK AREA:

Ideas so far (depending on interest and what people bring):

Photo shoot in day use area (it's big and open so lots of room)
Bonfire on the beach at sunset
Raffle for prizes
BBQ either at someone's tent site, the day use area, or on the beach
Football on the beach
Ultimate (frisbee) on the beach
Drinking games
Card games

stockysnail 02-21-2013 10:37 PM

CONTEST DETAILS HERE:

CONTEST DETAILS

GenomeTuning (in SoCal) has volunteered to help with goodies/prizes. :)
Evasive Motorsports (in SoCal) has volunteered to help with goodies/prizes. :)

From my personal stash I'm donating to the trip for prizes:
Lamin-X yellow fog light covers
FR-S hat
Five AD hat
Perrin license plate covers
Various stickers (Whiteline, Perrin, Genometuning, etc...)
Nameless beer koozie

Chen 02-21-2013 10:52 PM

Keep me posted on what i can do to help.

wrohdejr 02-22-2013 01:51 AM

Damn lots of things happening june 29th, 86ers camp trip, greenlight america cruise to las vegas, relaxing at the rock car show so many things to do hard to choose!!!!

stockysnail 02-22-2013 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrohdejr (Post 750302)
Damn lots of things happening june 29th, 86ers camp trip, greenlight america cruise to las vegas, relaxing at the rock car show so many things to do hard to choose!!!!

Easy. Choose them all. ;)

Kensurs 02-22-2013 01:58 PM

Got my campsite... D32 :)

Kensurs 02-22-2013 03:45 PM

Hopefully I can fit a tent and some other things in the FR-S :p

m.box.design 02-22-2013 04:12 PM

I'm thinkin fold down the rear seats and camp in my FR-S. I'm not that tall, I'm sure it'll work!

Kensurs 02-22-2013 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indesign (Post 751349)
I'm thinkin fold down the rear seats and camp in my FR-S. I'm not that tall, I'm sure it'll work!

The trunk is 56"

So unless you shrunk since last time I saw you and you're shorter than 4'8"...... lol :)

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-h...1/IMG_0344.JPG

m.box.design 02-22-2013 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kensurs (Post 751407)
The trunk is 56"

So unless you shrunk since last time I saw you and you're shorter than 4'8"...... lol :)

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-h...1/IMG_0344.JPG

lol! nice, you measured it before i got a chance to. hmm.. maybe fold the front seats forward and scoot them all the way up? then put a cushion/comforter in to fill the gap? i shall try!! :party0030:

makes me miss my 4runner, totally camped in it.

wrohdejr 02-22-2013 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indesign (Post 751431)
lol! nice, you measured it before i got a chance to. hmm.. maybe fold the front seats forward and scoot them all the way up? then put a cushion/comforter in to fill the gap? i shall try!! :party0030:

makes me miss my 4runner, totally camped in it.

Just lean the driver seat all the way back and sleep in the drivers seat!