Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Northwest (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Tire Shop Recommendations? (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141464)

bokehmon 07-16-2020 02:09 PM

Tire Shop Recommendations?

Does anyone have a preferred place to get your fun tires?
I'm looking to grab a set of >200tw tires

Thanks!

Four_wheel_drifts 07-16-2020 03:34 PM

I can wholeheartedly recommend Honeybee Tire. Honeybeetire.com

They’re at each of the HOD PIR track days and are otherwise mobile.

Edit: sorry, just noticed you’re in SEATTLE. Achtuning or America’s Tire

Seiryuu 07-16-2020 03:42 PM

If Costco carries the tire you want, I would wait for it go on sale (they alternate brands like every month). Then take a scrennie of their final price and show to Discount Tire (America's Tire) for price match and get it there. I just got new tires last week from them. They do contactless installation where you drive yourself into the bay and sit in your car while they change your tires (they even hand-torque to spec). All done within 30 minutes of your appointment time whereas if you go to Costco, you can expect to wait 2-3 hours.

stockysnail 07-16-2020 08:49 PM

Costco refuses to put tires on my car since my wheels aren't the OEM sized wheels otherwise I'd go to Costco. I go to A-N-T tires instead (also known as Trackside Motorsports), but I'm in Portland.

DuMa 07-17-2020 03:21 PM

If you see a deal on TireRack, they can ship for free to the Seattle distribution center in Burien, WA. It can save you up to $40 in shipping

bokehmon 07-21-2020 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuMa (Post 3350083)
If you see a deal on TireRack, they can ship for free to the Seattle distribution center in Burien, WA. It can save you up to $40 in shipping

That's awesome - didn't know they had a distribution point up here - thanks!

Jajanken86 09-09-2020 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seiryuu (Post 3349822)
If Costco carries the tire you want, I would wait for it go on sale (they alternate brands like every month). Then take a scrennie of their final price and show to Discount Tire (America's Tire) for price match and get it there. I just got new tires last week from them. They do contactless installation where you drive yourself into the bay and sit in your car while they change your tires (they even hand-torque to spec). All done within 30 minutes of your appointment time whereas if you go to Costco, you can expect to wait 2-3 hours.

This will be very helpful to my wallet! RE71Rs have now become within my budget