Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Software Tuning (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   OFT E85 Stage 2+ (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141226)

DavisBRZ 07-01-2020 07:39 PM

OFT E85 Stage 2+

I recently got an OpenFlash Tablet and some new UEL headers. I was reading on up the different tunes that come with the OFT and noticed that there is only an E85 tune for the catless version of UEL headers. The headers that I got are catted so I was hesitating on flashing the ECU to E85 without knowing what the differences were. If anyone on here has any experience running that tune on E85 with catted UEl headers please let me know!
Thanks

Frankz54 07-01-2020 08:07 PM

The E85 tune will work for both catless or catted. The main difference between Stage 2 and Stage 2 + (catless) is just one of the O2 senors gets disabled in the ECU. Enjoy the E85 brother.

Here is the description for that tune if needed:
Stage 2+ (E85) Hardware Requirements:

Stock OR Aftermarket CATTED OR CAT-LESS header. *Any exhaust modifications after the header is also compatible
Stock Airbox (with or without aftermarket drop-in panel filter)
E85 fuel ONLY!!

Make sure before you tune it to E85, wait till the gas light comes up. Fill it with E85 gas and drive it slowly for about 2-3 miles. Then flash it with the E85 and wait 45 seconds before moving the car.

KnightRyderx2 07-02-2020 01:18 AM

Good thread on tuning with E85

Westen86 07-02-2020 10:12 AM

I just went E85 with my new GruppeS UEL header. This car is amazeballs now. Torque everywhere and so much more top end. It feels like a V6. ...an older V6.

Celica00 07-02-2020 12:58 PM

e85 makes the car feel like it should've come from the factory. Good torque in all the right places. Car now has a deeper, more mature sound with my stock catback.

Weird side note: The fuel smells sweet and sugary when burned (from the corn?). That was the first thing the Wifey noticed.

EvolutionRevolution 07-12-2020 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celica00 (Post 3345944)
e85 makes the car feel like it should've come from the factory. Good torque in all the right places. Car now has a deeper, more mature sound with my stock catback.

Weird side note: The fuel smells sweet and sugary when burned (from the corn?). That was the first thing the Wifey noticed.

Yes the sweet smell is one of the benefits of E85! Glad you're liking it.

Interesting that you hear a deeper sound I've not considered E making a sound difference. Will have to see what happens with my UEL and q300 catback.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Westen86 (Post 3345911)
I just went E85 with my new GruppeS UEL header. This car is amazeballs now. Torque everywhere and so much more top end. It feels like a V6. ...an older V6.

Just got the same header and about to start tuning for E85 as soon as my 93 tune is perfect! CAN'T WAIT. Glad to hear it makes such a difference.