Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Gran Turismo 7 (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149008)

BigFatFlip 03-08-2022 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spike021 (Post 3508675)
I searched your username exactly and it can't find you. You have PS+ right?

No, I don't have PS+, but I don't think that should matter for adding friend requests. I probably have some weird privacy settings preventing that. Either way, sent you a request along with a few folks on here.

Also, I am complete garbage with all these license tests. I finally golded the B licenses and have moved on. I probably won't touch it again until I have to again lol

StraightOuttaCanadaEh 03-08-2022 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna (Post 3509331)
I'm not looking forward to that! Is the gold reward car worth it?

nah. I find a lot of them weren't worth it. I think it's the Red Bull fantasy car they've been peddling since 2005

StraightOuttaCanadaEh 03-08-2022 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p1l0t (Post 3509318)
NO ASSISTS

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

IMPOSSIBRUUUUU

But seriously, I use ABS, TCS, ASM, driving line, braking indicator and for the 917K challenge I used the counter-steering assist. I figure if the real car has it and uses it, I should use it as well. And counter-steering makes up for the lack of "seat of the pants" feeling when the car is about to let go

p1l0t 03-08-2022 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanadaEh (Post 3509390)
IMPOSSIBRUUUUU

But seriously, I use ABS, TCS, ASM, driving line, braking indicator and for the 917K challenge I used the counter-steering assist. I figure if the real car has it and uses it, I should use it as well. And counter-steering makes up for the lack of "seat of the pants" feeling when the car is about to let go

I use NOTHING, lol. Although that is a fair point, I mean if the car actually has it... (Although do they allow that stuff in real racing)? [emoji848]

StraightOuttaCanadaEh 03-08-2022 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p1l0t (Post 3509409)
I use NOTHING, lol. Although that is a fair point, I mean if the car actually has it... (Although do they allow that stuff in real racing)? [emoji848]

From what I understand, ABS and TC used to be allowed in F1 but were banned in 2015. They're used in GT and LMP cars though. Problem is, those drivers have steering feedback, seat of the pants feeling, as well as proper tires. For some reason Polyphony decided to give us hard tires for all the events, including the wet ones. That puts us at a massive disadvantage.

RToyo86 03-08-2022 04:03 PM

I've put a couple of hours into the game so far. Played with the scapes photo mode. I suspect I will be spending a fair amount of time just playing with that instead of racing :lol:

I very much appreciate the proper modification system in GT7 vs the generic upgrade path on GT sport.

Kaotic Lazagna 03-08-2022 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p1l0t (Post 3509409)

I believe they have switches on their steering wheels for the amount of TCS and ABS/brake bias. At least for race cars in series like ALMS. Not sure about other ones.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RToyo86 (Post 3509426)
I've put a couple of hours into the game so far. Played with the scapes photo mode. I suspect I will be spending a fair amount of time just playing with that instead of racing :lol:

I very much appreciate the proper modification system in GT7 vs the generic upgrade path on GT sport.

Yeah, one can easily spend hours and hours in shapes and making liveries. That's one nice thing about GT.

p1l0t 03-08-2022 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna (Post 3509432)
I believe they have switches on their steering wheels for the amount of TCS and ABS/brake bias. At least for race cars in series like ALMS. Not sure about other ones.

Yeah, one can easily spend hours and hours in shapes and making liveries. That's one nice thing about GT.

Yeah any car that is heavily modded that I'm using for a lot of races I feel like I have to customize it. Just doesn't feel right otherwise unless it's meant to be a sleeper.

gen3v8 03-08-2022 04:44 PM

I use the controls on my wheel to change TC during a race. You may think it`s cheating but you also have to handle the extra office work load. I also have no other aids on and prefer to use the throttle pedal for TC but some of these muscle cars are something else.

p1l0t 03-08-2022 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gen3v8 (Post 3509448)
I use the controls on my wheel to change TC during a race. You may think it`s cheating but you also have to handle the extra office work load. I also have no other aids on and prefer to use the throttle pedal for TC but some of these muscle cars are something else.

It is hard but if you basically don't go over half throttle unless you are pointed straight and then ease into you'll be fine.

spike021 03-08-2022 04:59 PM

I'm disappointed about the wheel selection, unless I'm doing something wrong.

I got a BRZ in-game and wanted to put bronze 57DR's on it, like I have IRL. Yet they only have 57DR's in white or neon green in this game??

I know it's not an arcade racer like Need For Speed but they could at least offer typical Ray's wheels in the usual colors (black, white, gold, bronze, etc.).

:sigh:

p1l0t 03-08-2022 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spike021 (Post 3509457)
I'm disappointed about the wheel selection, unless I'm doing something wrong.

I got a BRZ in-game and wanted to put bronze 57DR's on it, like I have IRL. Yet they only have 57DR's in white or neon green in this game??

I know it's not an arcade racer like Need For Speed but they could at least offer typical Ray's wheels in the usual colors (black, white, gold, bronze, etc.).

:sigh:

You can paint wheels though in the livery editor, no?

spike021 03-08-2022 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p1l0t (Post 3509458)
You can paint wheels though in the livery editor, no?

Oh really? Welp, I didn't try that yet so it does sound like I missed it.

Kaotic Lazagna 03-08-2022 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p1l0t (Post 3509434)
Yeah any car that is heavily modded that I'm using for a lot of races I feel like I have to customize it. Just doesn't feel right otherwise unless it's meant to be a sleeper.

I have yet to heavily mod a car. Lol. In past GTs, I tried to have adjustable suspension and transmission as the mods.