Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Gran Turismo 7 (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149008)

Yoshoobaroo 03-05-2022 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arthur-A (Post 3508761)
It's a masterpiece! I'm enjoying it a lot!
Uninstalled AC, FM7, Dirt 2.0 from my PC immediately.

I straight up threw my PC in the trash after the download finished.

Kaotic Lazagna 03-05-2022 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanadaEh (Post 3508783)
The trigger feedback on the controller was a nightmare until I figured out I could turn it off or at least turn it down. I figure the accelerator trigger doesn't need any feedback, only braking. Even then I kinda struggle to see the benefit. IMO it just makes it hard to know how hard you're braking. Usually get gold on all the B license tests in 1-2 attempts (got the license in about an hour) but I feel like those have been the same challenges for the last 4 games. Music rally is hilariously awful, what's with the music?? Music is the first thing I turn off in the settings. Graphics look good, handling model is great. Only played about a couple hours so far though. The A license tests are a bit more challenging.

How do you turn off the adaptive triggers?

Edit: Found the option. Turned it off and for the last IA test, I was able to shave off 3 or 4 seconds. Now just gotta find another .400 seconds to get that gold!

Stonehorsw 03-05-2022 08:56 PM

Got mine yesterday, very fun game, with fair simulation level. Total noob here, now I need to pay ps+ to start multiplayer.

Nickname: stonehorse_81

Kaotic Lazagna 03-05-2022 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stonehorsw (Post 3508874)
Got mine yesterday, very fun game, with fair simulation level. Total noob here, now I need to pay ps+ to start multiplayer.

You get free games every month with PS+, so that's a perk.

We all should have a private lobby race(s) one of these days.

BrahmaBull1990 03-06-2022 12:59 AM

Yeah! Played it for a few hours today. My first roulette ticket had a silver gen 1 BRZ as the prize…I only won 2,000 credits haha

I need to unlock some more things so I can tune more etc

Beautiful looking game

p1l0t 03-07-2022 12:11 PM

I'm up to Café book 15. Man that Stingray you really got to be gentle on the gas especially when you upgrade the engine! The extreme tires help a little. It's so fun to race big stupid heavy cars with lots of torque though. Ass happy sliding... I'm not sure if the A.I. are actually more agressive too in America or if it just spins you out easier.. maybe both. I got mad a few times because I was on good runs and was clean but they took me out anyway. The dirt looks so realistic/cool though when you go off course in the desert, HA! I love this game I'm so happy to see the difficulty level going up exponentially even this early in the game.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Kaotic Lazagna 03-07-2022 12:51 PM

I'm stuck on the last IA test with the Benz. I need to get gold in everything or else it bothers me. I got it down to .300 seconds.

The menu book I'm at is the Alsace one. Been looking for an R32 GTR too, but haven't seen one yet pop up.

StraightOuttaCanadaEh 03-07-2022 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna (Post 3509130)
I'm stuck on the last IA test with the Benz. I need to get gold in everything or else it bothers me. I got it down to .300 seconds.

The menu book I'm at is the Alsace one. Been looking for an R32 GTR too, but haven't seen one yet pop up.

you just wait until you get to the single seater at Laguna Seca. So far getting gold in everything but these lap-long events definitely take about an hour each to dial down all the corner lines.

p1l0t 03-07-2022 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna (Post 3509130)

Yeah I did the B license all in gold but I've been focused on the Café storyline so I'm not going to try for the higher licenses until it makes me.

Kaotic Lazagna 03-07-2022 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanadaEh (Post 3509135)
you just wait until you get to the single seater at Laguna Seca. So far getting gold in everything but these lap-long events definitely take about an hour each to dial down all the corner lines.

I tried the 1st S test with the Lamborghini, and wtf is all I can say. I won't try again until I get that last gold for IA.

You must be an A or A+ DR if you were getting all golds so far! I'm only a B DR. At least my SR is S+. Lol

StraightOuttaCanadaEh 03-07-2022 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna (Post 3509167)
I tried the 1st S test with the Lamborghini, and wtf is all I can say. I won't try again until I get that last gold for IA.

You must be an A or A+ DR if you were getting all golds so far! I'm only a B DR. At least my SR is S+. Lol

make sure you watch the demonstrations and crank up the traction control all the way up to 5. Super important to hit the true apex of each corner. Sometimes I do better in certain views - chase or "first person", especially if the ghost is blocking the line

Kaotic Lazagna 03-07-2022 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanadaEh (Post 3509208)
make sure you watch the demonstrations and crank up the traction control all the way up to 5. Super important to hit the true apex of each corner. Sometimes I do better in certain views - chase or "first person", especially if the ghost is blocking the line

Really? I feel like TCS slows me down too much. I even tried having it on 1 for that final IA test, and I was still slower than having it off.

I'll have to try using different camera views to see if that will help me.

p1l0t 03-07-2022 05:49 PM

I turn everything off. All the assists off. I even turn the hud off. It's just such a beautiful game that the emersion is epic. I'm also using an 85" 4k 120hz TV so I can really be in the zone and it feels amazing. I need to get a wheel, ha. The haptic feedback is still 10x better than a standard controller though.

StraightOuttaCanadaEh 03-07-2022 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna (Post 3509220)
Really? I feel like TCS slows me down too much. I even tried having it on 1 for that final IA test, and I was still slower than having it off.

I'll have to try using different camera views to see if that will help me.

wow interesting cause I'm hilariously slow with the TCS off. Actually I can't really get through any complex corner without going off track, especially with a car like the AMG GT. I'm using a controller btw. I just know the cars in these events really like the "slow in, fast out" approach. Minimize tire scrub as much as possible.

Also, I disabled force feedback on the accelerator trigger and set it to mild on the brake trigger. Then I went into the PS5 settings and changed the vibration in triggers from strong to medium or mild, can't remember. I found the vibration really messed with my braking judgement.

I have just 2 events left in the final category!