Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Autowindow on a BRZ/FRS (exploring possibilities) (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25442)

Sportsguy83 01-02-2013 06:58 AM

Autowindow on a BRZ/FRS (exploring possibilities)

So I've been having conversations with Autowindow creator @scottmcphee. He had the good idea of making a new thread for autowindow and leave tap turn for its own thread.

To pick up to where the discussion is right now, start at this post, http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...7&postcount=63

then end at post #79.

Thanks!

Sportsguy83 01-02-2013 07:01 AM

@scottmcphee this is what I meant in my last post in the other thread (in order to continue what was being discussed)

Quote:

Wouldn't it be possible to replace the relay that turns off the power to the windows for a relay that stays on all the time and that way Autowindow works all the time? Just brainstorming, I have no idea if that is the way it works.

Sportsguy83 01-05-2013 07:00 PM

@scottmcphee where are you? :(

scottmcphee 01-13-2013 12:45 AM

Each time I start reading the car schematics I nod off to sleep, because the only time I've got right now is late... I'll get my head above water again in a couple days, this is just a crazy busy time of year for me. Not forgotten.

Sportsguy83 01-13-2013 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottmcphee (Post 661747)
Each time I start reading the car schematics I nod off to sleep, because the only time I've got right now is late... I'll get my head above water again in a couple days, this is just a crazy busy time of year for me. Not forgotten.

Thanks for the update, waiting patiently :happy0180:

Acree 01-13-2013 03:21 AM

Can you explain what "auto window" feature you're wanting? What does it do?

-Acree

scottmcphee 01-13-2013 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acree (Post 661886)
Can you explain what "auto window" feature you're wanting? What does it do?

-Acree

I make a series of modules that originally started for remote control of windows, then blossomed into a bunch more features that you can read about on autowindow.com check the product comparison page for the overview of all.

It started out as kit for VW / VAG cars, 'cause everyone in my family drove VW at the time. Then I bought a Subaru and wanted those features there so I made a Universal series that is quite adaptable to "any" car (haven't tried then all, yet;) )

Problem is universal series requires DEI530T modules be installed first. This is a good and bad thing, but basically increased reach for the product because I only had to design to this module (which fits most any car) instead of custom design per car type.

This thread is exploring doing a native fit autowindow for the twins. Meaning no DEI boxes, less install work. Why am I considering this?
A. I am mad.
B. I have infinite time on my hands.
C. You guys are such freaking good customers of Tapturn, another thing I make.
D. One day I just might be owning an FRS, because I like it.
E. Some combination of the above.

xjohnx 01-13-2013 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottmcphee (Post 662266)
I make a series of modules that originally started for remote control of windows, then blossomed into a bunch more features that you can read about on autowindow.com check the product comparison page for the overview of all.

It started out as kit for VW / VAG cars, 'cause everyone in my family drove VW at the time. Then I bought a Subaru and wanted those features there so I made a Universal series that is quite adaptable to "any" car (haven't tried then all, yet;) )

Problem is universal series requires DEI530T modules be installed first. This is a good and bad thing, but basically increased reach for the product because I only had to design to this module (which fits most any car) instead of custom design per car type.

This thread is exploring doing a native fit autowindow for the twins. Meaning no DEI boxes, less install work. Why am I considering this?
A. I am mad.
B. I have infinite time on my hands.
C. You guys are such freaking good customers of Tapturn, another thing I make.
D. One day I just might be owning an FRS, because I like it.
E. Some combination of the above.

F. You're the man.

scottmcphee 01-19-2013 01:14 PM

Okay!

Spent some brain power on this.

I don't have the car so I will ask dumb questions.. And need help.

First question:. For each and every press of unlock on the remote, does the drivers door lock solenoid fire (hear the click/chunk noise in that door) as if it's trying to unlock over and over again?

Lee358 01-19-2013 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottmcphee (Post 675669)
Okay!

First question:. For each and every press of unlock on the remote, does the drivers door lock solenoid fire (hear the click/chunk noise in that door) as if it's trying to unlock over and over again?

If no one answers by 4:15 this afternoon eastern time i will tell you once i get home from work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lee358 01-19-2013 04:02 PM

Quote:

Okay!

The answer is Yes click chunk every time

Sportsguy83 01-19-2013 11:44 PM

Quote:

Okay!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee358 (Post 675894)
The answer is Yes click chunk every time

Double confirmed, fires with every press.

scottmcphee 01-20-2013 11:34 PM

Okay inputs are figured out, the outputs next.

Sportsguy83 01-21-2013 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottmcphee (Post 678318)
Okay inputs are figured out, the outputs next.

Ask away!