Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   2022 Acura Integra confirmed (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146483)

Ghost of Akina 08-13-2021 01:52 AM

2022 Acura Integra confirmed

Acura dropped the news that the Integra will return in 2022 on their Instagram tonight.

Here’s an article from Road & Track: https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a3...tegra-in-2022/

gymratter 08-13-2021 02:18 AM

here is the press release before people start yelling fake news lol

https://acuranews.com/en-US/releases...new-generation

Atropine 08-13-2021 02:20 AM

Oh nice. Hopefully its a nicer Civic and still really sporty.

I always liked the Integras and the RSX.

Honda reliability with Acura luxury.

Curious the pricepoint and the performance.

The wife could use a nice little hatchback/coupe.

vh_supra26 08-13-2021 02:22 AM

https://cdn.motor1.com/images/mgl/yr...gra-teaser.jpg

Jordanwolf 08-13-2021 09:20 AM

.... I just don't have the money for this man...

Sasquachulator 08-13-2021 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atropine (Post 3456188)
Oh nice. Hopefully its a nicer Civic and still really sporty.

I always liked the Integras and the RSX.

Honda reliability with Acura luxury.

Curious the pricepoint and the performance.

The wife could use a nice little hatchback/coupe.

We've always had the "luxury" civics up in here in Canada.

Aside from the obvious N/A market integra, RSX, and the ILX, we also had an Acura EL (upscale Civic based on the 6-7th gen civic) and the Acura CSX (8th gen Civic, which was basically the acura badged JDM styled 8th gen civic)

From the teaser, i wonder if it just ends up looking like a smaller 2 door TSX instead of something a bit more uniquely styled........

I might be interested in this if it wasnt for:
1.) it came out or was announced sooner...much sooner.....
2.) it actually looks and feels more upscale than your typical honda (I'd like to feel like a luxury car brand should be a step up and not just a higher trim level)
3.) It has a stick shift (unknown at this point)

Opie 08-13-2021 09:48 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Already spotted out testing....

ayau 08-13-2021 09:48 AM

this is most likely just an 11th gen civic underneath with some luxury amenities. i'm guessing it'll get a civic si 1.5 turbo w/ CVT.

will be interesting to see if the integra type s will get the 2.0 from the fk8 civic type r.

what made the original integra unique was the low weight and front double wishbone. doubt this modern integra will have either of those attributes.

if you want a 2 door, why would you pick this integra over the gr86/brz? costs more and is fwd.

Sasquachulator 08-13-2021 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Opie (Post 3456225)

i remember seeing those....people thought it was fake lol.
plus the renders that were paired with them looked....awkward lol.

Maybe there is something to them.

Its hard to tell though but the front fascia doesnt seem to match the lines of the teaser.....the space between the headlines look too narrow for the grille and gaping maw below looks a little too big for the current Acura styling theme.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ayau (Post 3456226)
this is most likely just an 11th gen civic underneath with some luxury amenities. i'm guessing it'll get a civic si 1.5 turbo w/ CVT.

will be interesting to see if the integra type s will get the 2.0 from the fk8 civic type r.

what made the original integra unique was the low weight and front double wishbone. doubt this modern integra will have either of those attributes.

if you want a 2 door, why would you pick this integra over the gr86/brz? costs more and is fwd.

Maybe it ends up being a Civic type R in a new suit.

RToyo86 08-13-2021 10:11 AM

The original integra was awesome. I was fortunate to end up with a GSR as my first car.

It would be awesome if they somehow offered a high rev NA engine but it's likely going to be turbocharged.

Jordanwolf 08-13-2021 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RToyo86 (Post 3456229)
The original integra was awesome. I was fortunate to end up with a GSR as my first car.

It would be awesome if they somehow offered a high rev NA engine but it's likely going to be turbocharged.

Turbocharged... Just like everyone and their mom keeps asking for in everything that isn't. They'll never put an NA engine in this, that's going backwards.

ayau 08-13-2021 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sasquachulator (Post 3456227)
i remember seeing those....people thought it was fake lol.
plus the renders that were paired with them looked....awkward lol.

Maybe there is something to them.

Its hard to tell though but the front fascia doesnt seem to match the lines of the teaser.....the space between the headlines look too narrow for the grille and gaping maw below looks a little too big for the current Acura styling theme.

Maybe it ends up being a Civic type R in a new suit.

yeah, i can see the type s variant getting the fk8 2.0T motor.

being that it'll carry the type-s name, it'll probably still have extra amenities that a type r buyer wouldn't care about. for example, it'll probably retain a moonroof and heated heated leather seats.

i think that's one of the main reasons why acura gave people a type s nsx and not a type r. the type r is too stripped down and people would complain that they're paying 180k for it. the type s trim is more fitting for acura brand/image; luxury sport.

HKz 08-13-2021 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Opie (Post 3456225)

I originally thought this was the integra mule when those pics first came out but seeing the teaser photo with a traditional grill it is now odd that the mule only has a cut out for a bottom grill. Also none of the shapes around the headlight from the teaser matches the mule either but that could be due to heavy camo..

Either way pretty awesome that honda is bringing the nameplate back. If under 3000 lbs with the type r engine things would be pretty interesting even if it is fwd..

Arthur-A 08-13-2021 11:53 AM

Meh..fwd