Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Since beastronix is no more, what’s the alternative? (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131805)

Four_wheel_drifts 12-07-2018 08:40 PM

Since beastronix is no more, what’s the alternative?

I checked in again with Beastronix. They’re not making and selling product for the foreseeable future.

I’m a DE instructor in the Pacific NW. There are many, many spring, fall and winter track days when my student’s session is finishing as my session has started. I hate sitting in the paddock, reving my engine at 4000+ rpm so it can get warm enough to do the pedal dance!

I have a winter two day event next month.

Is someone else offering a Beastronix comparable product for sale?

I read the threads where I can make my own 3 second defeat device. That’s NOT what I need. I need a fully, pedal dance at any temperature capable device. So not OFT with not only pedal dance enable.

Any leads are appreciated! Even used Beastronix would be fine.
Thank you.

Icecreamtruk 12-08-2018 12:59 AM

Interested in the results as well, im more or less in the same boat.

RJasonKlein 12-08-2018 10:08 PM

Me, too - I’ve been looking for one in the classifieds.

Totemo_Hayai 12-09-2018 12:34 AM

How does one tell if the pedal dance has been unsuccessful using OFT? I just got my FRS and tried using the OFT pedal dance feature once right after startup. A few lights came on so it appeared to be successful.

Edit: I just realized that my car is programmed to drop to regular idle speed right after startup. That might be why I don't have to wait for the car to warm up.

dutchman1 12-09-2018 03:46 PM

If the requisite for the pedal dance is the coolant temp sensor reading, you could just install an appropriate resistor in place of the sensor to simulate an appropriate reading. Downside of that would be you wouldn't know if your coolant is starting to run hot, you wouldn't know it.

This is done frequently in shops (especially diesel shops) to run diagnostics without having to wait for the engine to warm up. To figure out what resistor you'd need, you can buy (or probably borrow or rent) a resistor substitution box, dial it to the setting that provides the reading you want, and then install a resistor that matches the setting on the box.

I don't know if anyone wants to run on track without having an accurate coolant temp reading, but it's a simple way to do it. It may also affect your radiator fan engagement, if the fan kicks on/off based on coolant temp sensor data, then if you set the reading above the point where the fan kicks on it'll be permanently on, and vice versa.

Just a thought.

Trueweltall 12-10-2018 05:57 AM

The stock gauge is pretty inaccurate, if you're running on a track you should have your own dedicated gauge.

CSG Mike 12-10-2018 05:44 PM

With enough interest, more Beastronix units can be made and sold by CSG.

ichitaka05 12-10-2018 06:20 PM

That's bummer Beastronix stop making them. Good thing I bought it before hand.

Hope CSG or other shop can help it out, cuz I'm pretty sure there will be 86/BRZ owner who's interested in this system.

kch 12-10-2018 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CSG Mike (Post 3162573)

Interest++

Joesurf79 12-10-2018 06:39 PM

Quote:

I'd buy a spare. Especially one of the later models with the switches for pedal dance, abs, and fans

nico_rsx 12-10-2018 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dutchman1 (Post 3162231)
If the requisite for the pedal dance is the coolant temp sensor reading, you could just install an appropriate resistor in place of the sensor to simulate an appropriate reading. Downside of that would be you wouldn't know if your coolant is starting to run hot, you wouldn't know it.

You could always put the resistor on a switch somewhere below the dash.
Start the car, flip the switch to simulate correct temp, do pedal dance, and flip the switch back to return to accurate temp reading.

Totemo_Hayai 12-11-2018 01:19 AM

Quote:

I'm ready to buy one.

CSG Mike 12-11-2018 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nico_rsx (Post 3162657)
You could always put the resistor on a switch somewhere below the dash.
Start the car, flip the switch to simulate correct temp, do pedal dance, and flip the switch back to return to accurate temp reading.

Not quite that simple unfortunately.

B T 12-11-2018 02:23 PM

I'll be selling my Beastronix module in coming months, setup with one button pedal dance, 2x abs disengage and hold for full fan. Removing the ABS module, so it won't be necessary anymore.