Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   FR-S / BRZ vs.... (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   "Come Race Me Bro" Encounters (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28502)

Regalo 02-09-2014 04:00 PM

After I work doubles, the traffic is unbeatable, but then I get the occasional riced out Civic or Camaro trying to race me and I always refused. The other night some guy in a s14 240 was reving his engine next to me at a stop light. I just ignored him.

Mobius357 02-10-2014 08:08 PM

Some scion or another tried to get me to play late last summer early fall. It was lowered, aftermarket wheels, sounded turbo'd. I ignored him and took my turn. This was coming up to a big busy intersection. My pregnant wife was in the car, we were on our way home from grocery shopping. I'm a boring driver to be stuck behind, not gonna risk angering/endangering the wife or damaging my food.

mush 02-11-2014 12:37 PM

Pulling up to the red light some bro and his gf in a used cls with paper plates was looking over. Light turns green and we accelerate normally. The girl kept lookin over, so i knew they wanted to race... Revved it just for shits and giggles and yup, they took off
I let them go and just laughed cause it was so predictable

JohnJuan 02-11-2014 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mystic (Post 1518778)
After coming back from Big Bear yesterday evening I had a GTR tail me for a little but he didn't seem too interested. About 5 minutes later A Mustang GT cuts in front of the GTR and was tailing me even as I increased speed. I went up to 90mph and he was still right behind me. We went on for quite a few minutes.. As I'm about ready to accelerate for another round, I notice that the stang was two lanes to my left. We slowed down a bit to wait for traffic to clear and all of a sudden an RSX gets behind my tail. At that point on it was pretty intense. I hit about 115 with this guy and at times the mustang wasn't even in sight but he kept re-appearing as we slowed down. Eventually they both exited and I was relieved I did not get pulled over!! :) I'm not one to race, but that was pretty much my first ever "race" experience and it was nice to cross that off the bucket list lol.

Quote:

Introduction to this section... NO STREET RACING and NO TROLLING!
It's right there in the sticky, dude.

chas3wba0 02-11-2014 06:08 PM

Was taking a back road home last night and a riced out Prelude with the ever-so-tacky eBay LED strips in front was hanging around my blindspot. As our lanes were coming to a merge, he made a point to rev the shit out of his little Vtec yo to get in front of me and then blasted through the curvy section ahead, twice as fast as I would ever consider safe (I take that road all the time, so I know). I caught the smell of his brakes/tires lingering at every corner... so pointless

mystic 02-11-2014 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnJuan (Post 1521244)
It's right there in the sticky, dude.

sorry about that. did not mean to disrespect.. lesson learned :(

Astroboy 02-18-2014 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonics (Post 725445)
Haven't had anyone try to race me yet, just a couple of people speeding up from behind to take a look. Can't blame them for trying to race you, these cars look fast even sitting still.

Yea, I think if this car looked a little more like the original corolla it wouldn't be getting all these douches trying to race you. I guess when people see a sports car they automatically assume they must race them. I saw a red Camry behind me the other day going about 60 on a 40, as soon as the idiot got close he tried to pass me on the left, but what the mother fucker didn't realize were the construction barriers ahead so he tried swerving to the right thinking he can dodge it and boom. He/she then Stayed behind me in shame with their bumper dangling and scraping all over the place. It was funny

Astroboy 02-18-2014 01:46 AM

I also had a guy in a supercharged mustang pull up next to me and started revving his engine with one hand on the steering wheel looking at me like your typical douche while I was with my sis. I just turned to the side and gave him the finger and he stopped, knobbed his head in an ok motion and then put his head down in shame.. I sometimes believe that ricers like this have nothing else worthy in life other than their cars. I don't need a car to keep my testosterone in check..

Wolfking 02-18-2014 05:09 AM

Ok...I guess it's my turn! Last Friday on my way to work, I encountered heavy Valentine's day traffic. As I maneuvered around the "Sunday drivers" I noticed a vehicle moving well beyond the posted 45mph speed limit. 5mph over is the max I'm willing to drive...in town. With traffic being as congested as it was, I asked myself "where is this a-hole going?"

He was closing on me from the right lane at what seemed to be 60mph WHAT!! Super Fool pulls up next to me, sees I'm not a kid and then almost slams into a train of cars stopped at a red light! All while driving some Chrysler sedan pos...Impressive!

Shagaliscious 02-18-2014 06:59 AM

I had some Hyundai Elantra GT blow me off the line the other night...lol. I could tell he was cool by the way he was driving in his car, leaning on his side window. I thought "damn, better not mess with this kid, he's a badass".

Purdue FR-S 02-18-2014 09:36 AM

One thing I kinda don't like about the aggressive styling of the FR-S.

It promises a lot from it's looks. Miata for instance is much more humble looking ... I could be wrong, but I don't suspect they get as many jackasses trying to race them.

congee 02-22-2014 01:13 PM

Had some rice early 00's wrx rev at me during rush hour traffic on the highway. I face palmed hard. Why is it always the wrx/sti crowd that has to be the douchey crowd in my city.

Photonic 02-22-2014 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chas3wba0 (Post 1521887)
Was taking a back road home last night and a riced out Prelude with the ever-so-tacky eBay LED strips in front was hanging around my blindspot. As our lanes were coming to a merge, he made a point to rev the shit out of his little Vtec yo to get in front of me and then blasted through the curvy section ahead, twice as fast as I would ever consider safe (I take that road all the time, so I know). I caught the smell of his brakes/tires lingering at every corner... so pointless

I disagree. At least he did not try to drag race you ..I would actually hope for such an encounter.

This is the kind of thing I used to do to Mustang GT500's in my stock S13. with 3" catback.

naturally they pass me when the road straightens ..but I proved my point. and so did he. Why do you own a fast car when you "slow down" just when it gets interesting. Any grandma can floor a gas pedal.

I like being the underdog ..and I like being safe. I do not abuse traffic. But if you thrust your power at me ..I WILL ...follow you to the next braking zone ..and I will "show you" what you need to work on. Even if you power away at track out ..you know you are slow ...and your car is crying.

I dispise people in "fast cars" who cannot control them under dynamic conditions. I feel compelled to reach them by mid corner and so far I find most people cant out run me except on straights.

And this was well before I got my BURZ. Its sad when an S13 on All seasons can make up the gap in a decreasing radus 40mph corner over a gt500 that passed me previously at 110+. I was still limited to 115 and all I did was wait for my braking zone ... and I Was in his bumper well before track out ..and of course ..he "throttled away" on the downhill straight to merge which is a 1/4 mile long. IMO if you arent scrubbing tire ..you aren't entering fast enough ..yes I know this isnt good for a "circuit" but for a corner or two ..its perfectly fine ... I was screaming tires and oscillating between over/understeer. He was clearly well below the limit of his FAT SUMMER TIRES

Fuck people like that. If you are going to be "fast" be fast ..dont ***** out when the road gets tough ... I hate people who rely on their cars and make an ass of themselves.

I refuse to make a problem for other people ..but if you challenge me with your "fast car" ill fucking pace you ...and just wait until you have to brake. Then we will see who "is fast" and who has a "fast car"

AJ4211 02-23-2014 04:23 AM

^ shit just got real.
I totally agree with above poster though, I don't abuse traffic, nor am I reckless, but if some tosser wants to try impress me with his straight pace, i'll eat him in the corners.