Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   BRZ gas pedal popping/squeaking noise (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36022)

chenshuo 05-09-2013 11:07 AM

BRZ gas pedal popping/squeaking noise

anyone have problem with their gas pedal making a pop sound when lightly stepped on? I checked the pedal, it seems like the noise occurs when the pedal moves from left to right slightly. I understanding that it's normal for any pedal to move left to right a bit. Mine moves about 1/3" to the left and right when stepped on. Should it be a concern?

frslee 05-09-2013 12:29 PM

are there any screws/bolts holding the pedal? maybe loose?

chenshuo 05-09-2013 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frslee (Post 922285)
are there any screws/bolts holding the pedal? maybe loose?

I had a quick look when i parked my car at work, so i didn't really get down there to inspect in detail. I just ran my hand under the pedal, didn't feel any screws.

frslee 05-09-2013 12:46 PM

Well, best way is to take it to dealer. They'll replace this for sure.

chenshuo 05-09-2013 07:55 PM

So i took my car to the dealer about this issue along with window scratch issue. They said the gas pedal noise is normal... and they never heard of anyone else reporting the window scratch issue so they won't do anything.

SmsAlSuwaidi 05-09-2013 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chenshuo (Post 923298)
So i took my car to the dealer about this issue along with window scratch issue. They said the gas pedal noise is normal... and they never heard of anyone else reporting the window scratch issue so they won't do anything.

one of my older cars had a similar issues with a squeaky gas pedal and it was because of the spring being a bit rusted ( used the car for towing a jet ski ). Sprayed a bit of WD40 and that fixed the issue, but something to remember that car was a drive by cable so maybe it won't apply to the 86. Take a closer look and if you feel you could use some lubrication around the area spray some.

chenshuo 05-10-2013 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmsAlSuwaidi (Post 923379)
one of my older cars had a similar issues with a squeaky gas pedal and it was because of the spring being a bit rusted ( used the car for towing a jet ski ). Sprayed a bit of WD40 and that fixed the issue, but something to remember that car was a drive by cable so maybe it won't apply to the 86. Take a closer look and if you feel you could use some lubrication around the area spray some.

which part should i be looking at specifically?

SmsAlSuwaidi 05-10-2013 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chenshuo (Post 923800)
which part should i be looking at specifically?

I'll take a look under my pedal and check but look for a spring or such

chenshuo 05-10-2013 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmsAlSuwaidi (Post 923984)
I'll take a look under my pedal and check but look for a spring or such

ok please let me know if you think there's any particular part of the pedal that i need to pay attention on. This weekend i'm gonna just lithium grease the shit out of that pedal.