Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Don't forget your $1,000 College Grad. Rebate (if you are eligible) (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5821)

luxmn 05-19-2012 11:31 PM

Frs is qualified for graduate discount. You need auto credit score above 720 and the best rate for 60 months is 3.5%. You can refinance it after the first month. If you're about to graduate they need job offer letter. If you're already working they need 1 pay stub

dookie11 05-20-2012 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luxmn (Post 218560)
Frs is qualified for graduate discount. You need auto credit score above 720 and the best rate for 60 months is 3.5%. You can refinance it after the first month. If you're about to graduate they need job offer letter. If you're already working they need 1 pay stub

So job offer letter ONLY? How about diplomas? That's pretty shady...

dietz 05-20-2012 12:15 AM

I've been working with my.dealer to try and get this for a few months and its gone back and forth a couple of times. I graduated may 10th 2010, so I'm.just over 2 years now. HOWEVER they just confirmed today, in person, that I am getting the rebate!!! They put a lot of effort in with TFS to make this happen apparently. Its coming with a 3.8% Apr, and I need to put 3500 minimum down to get it. They also told me I can refinance after a month, so I'll switch to.my credit union then with a lower Apr. Very happy!

luxmn 05-20-2012 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dookie11 (Post 218588)
So job offer letter ONLY? How about diplomas? That's pretty shady...

Diploma if your graduated and transcript if your are still in school.

cto424 05-20-2012 01:21 AM

for the people who were able to get this rebate, did you guys have student loans? were they deferred? could you specify the dealer that gave you the rebate?

I don't want to get screwed over and miss out on $1000 off.

Thanks.

W2 05-20-2012 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cto424 (Post 218629)
for the people who were able to get this rebate, did you guys have student loans? were they deferred? could you specify the dealer that gave you the rebate?

I don't want to get screwed over and miss out on $1000 off.

Thanks.

I'll let you know this week. I am currently working with 2-3 dealers trying to get a car, my problem is I want hot lava and no one has them or can get them. I was about to put a deposit down and start the whole financing process with the dealer down the road and they only wanted an official document showing I graduated. In the end they couldn't come up with the car though.

As for student loans I have them and not a single one of the dealers I talked to even asked about them. They seemed to only need a document showing I graduated. I'll keep you informed though; I got pricing for a firestorm Friday and need to decide if I want that now or keep hunting for a hot lava.

luxmn 05-20-2012 01:59 AM

I have student loan. Not deferred. They didn't ask and they pulled credit scores not full report so more likely they didn't care. Hope that helps.

dietz 05-20-2012 02:04 AM

I have student loans too, I don't thunk it matters beyond how they affect your credit in genetal, and your resulting debt to income ratio...

Davyator 05-20-2012 02:23 AM

I got mine applied!
 
Hey everyone. I got Scion to grant me my college grad rebate. Woo hoo.

cto424 05-21-2012 07:56 PM

any updates?

Hanakuso 05-21-2012 08:22 PM

I'm hoping it will work with having the car loan in my sisters name and later transferred to me.

Scionofglendora 06-02-2012 03:16 PM

Just a reminder for College Grad Scion $1000 rebate
 
Hi

Just wanted to let you guys know that the Frs qualifies for the $1000 college Grad Rebate.

http://www.scion.com/promotions/collegerebate/

Looking for Frs
Scion of Glendora
909-305-2000
Ask for Michael or Ernie

AzFranz 06-02-2012 07:44 PM

I used my military rebate plus my $500 down as my "down" payment.

cto424 06-03-2012 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scionofglendora (Post 237131)
Hi

Just wanted to let you guys know that the Frs qualifies for the $1000 college Grad Rebate.

http://www.scion.com/promotions/collegerebate/

Looking for Frs
Scion of Glendora
909-305-2000
Ask for Michael or Ernie

PM'ed you.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:10 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.