Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   TRD Parts- Best price? (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120403)

James33 07-17-2017 10:20 AM

TRD Parts- Best price?

Where is the best place to shop and purchase TRD parts? When I had my MR2 Spyder there were some dealers who had much better prices and service than others. That's been a long time since I've had that car and was hoping for some current recommendations.

Thanks
James

humfrz 07-17-2017 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James33 (Post 2946949)
Where is the best place to shop and purchase TRD parts? When I had my MR2 Spyder there were some dealers who had much better prices and service than others. That's been a long time since I've had that car and was hoping for some current recommendations.

Thanks
James

WELCOME , James33, to ye ol forum ...... :clap:

Looks like you're not a stranger to small sporty cars ...... :thumbsup:

TRD parts .. ?? I donno, I can't afford them ....... however, help is on the way!

humfrz

Veloist 07-17-2017 01:04 PM

Amazon is pretty good. I work for a car dealership company and Amazon usually has Toyota/TRD parts for less than what my dealership gives for employees...

go_a_way1 07-17-2017 01:05 PM

Or look for lightly used parts you can save bank that way

stevesnj 07-17-2017 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James33 (Post 2946949)

Thanks
James

I found my TRD exhaust with 4k miles on it for $300 on the local classifieds on here. But I bought my TRD lowering springs and Shifter new from a dealer in Washington state. Search around for the best deal.

strat61caster 07-17-2017 06:38 PM

+1 to Amazon, or sometimes if you just google the part number a dealership parts website will come up with a decent price (they all seem to use a similar system, basically a dealership version of Napa or Oreilley), two weeks ago I bought spark plugs from a Toyota dealership in Florida and coil packs from a Subaru dealer in Illinois, both undercut other options by $20 or more.

tl;dr google, buy from anything that looks legit,

If you don't know then hell post it here, depending on what you're asking about you'll either get people saying "omg they're totally legit idiot" or "that's sketchy as fuck idiot"

Some people have been buying stuff online for decades at this point, some are still skeptical, it's easy to forget there's a chasm between experienced and inexperienced nowadays.

Local classifieds can be fantastic, but they can also be full of shit heads, and I suspect the Tennessee market isn't exactly flooded with parts like the others, it's worth taking a look at the subforum and craigslist and facebook, but saving ~20% on parts (only $10-$20 in some cases) may not be worth putting up with some people.

mav1178 07-17-2017 07:10 PM

Parts produced by TRD USA or TRD Japan?

Huge difference.

KalbiCool88 07-17-2017 07:39 PM

Lurking and sniping on these forums is probably one of the best ways to find good deals... However, you must be patient... Otherwise as mentioned Ebay or Amazon... Maybe 86Speed?

go_a_way1 07-17-2017 07:44 PM

Try @FT86Motorsports syvain has never let me down if you are looking for new I think he ships to the states

Sapphireho 07-17-2017 09:33 PM

I purchased in 2015:

Rear wing (can't get myself to drill 5 holes in truck, not installed)
Arm rest (still not installed)
Sway bars
Springs
Short shifter (junk, uninstalled)
Air intake (uninstalled due to FI)
Exhaust,

as a package from Toyota in Puyallup, WA. Yep, @humfrz territory. I got it as a package for half the price here in cal with no sales tax. It was a great deal.

Sapphireho 07-17-2017 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mav1178 (Post 2947289)
Parts produced by TRD USA or TRD Japan?

Huge difference.

TRD Japan you just pay a bundle and wait 6 months here in US.

jkr 07-17-2017 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sapphireho (Post 2947380)

Luis from Carson Toyota got me my trd body kit in 7 weeks for a better price than anywhere I've seen online. Their shipping is a fixed cost depending on size.

humfrz 07-17-2017 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sapphireho (Post 2947371)
I purchased in 2015:

Rear wing (can't get myself to drill 5 holes in truck, not installed)
Arm rest (still not installed)
Sway bars
Springs
Short shifter (junk, uninstalled)
Air intake (uninstalled due to FI)
Exhaust,

as a package from Toyota in Puyallup, WA. Yep, @humfrz territory. I got it as a package for half the price here in cal with no sales tax. It was a great deal.

No sales tax ......hmmm...... California has a sales tax; Washington has a sales tax ......:confused0068:

Oh, you must have bought that package off the Puyallup Indian reservation. Yep, ol Chief Fly By Night has some great deals ....... he can get parts overnight (if it's a dark night).

:D

humfrz

mav1178 07-17-2017 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sapphireho (Post 2947380)

Getting it within a 2 month window is quite easy if the seller already has a way of consolidating freight in Japan.

I'm already doing it for Nismo/Nissan OE parts.