Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   CANADA (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Ottawa FR-S (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5626)

pastuch 05-02-2012 04:13 PM

Ottawa BRZ & FR-S

This thread is for Ottawa BRZ and FRS owners to talk about our cars.

Starscream15 05-02-2012 04:16 PM

Grats!

Enemies 05-02-2012 04:37 PM

Grats. My birthday is in the first half of June so I've got like no chance to get my BRZ for it. :P That'd be so awesome if you got your FR-S on your birthday. :)

styl3z 05-02-2012 04:38 PM

Wow. My birthday is May 29!
Hopefully I'll get my car for my birthday :D

YinYang1980 05-02-2012 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pastuch (Post 198191)
Belair Scion just invited me to a private test drive on May 10th because I have a $1000 pre-order and a signed purchase order.

They told me I should have my car in my driveway by the end of may if everything goes according to plan!

My birthday is May 31st! Fu'ckin sweet!

at start i was not really happy with your language and attitude on the forum, but now you seem to be more relaxe and happy about the price, so i hope you have your toy by your birthday. congrat for your purchase.

Mr.Jay 05-02-2012 06:14 PM

Thats a damn good gift to yourself

Now if the wife/girlfriend/mistress would pop out of it singing happy bday

rawbz 05-02-2012 08:56 PM

congrats man, does ottawa region have a lot of pre-orders in general?

I'm gonna be dying when I see these FR-S' on the road while I'm waiting patiently for my BRZ to come in :(

pastuch 05-02-2012 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YinYang1980 (Post 198322)
at start i was not really happy with your language and attitude on the forum, but now you seem to be more relaxe and happy about the price, so i hope you have your toy by your birthday. congrat for your purchase.

My pessimism was based on the assumption that Canadian pricing would be unfair. That is the norm in this industry. I'm actually very impressed with Scion and Subaru for charging a reasonable 7% markup over the US pricing and I hope other manufacturers take note. For too long Canadians have been completely taken advantage of. The 370z, Mustang GT and the Impreza WRX all command 30% or higher markup which is totally ridiculous and pisses me off.

Sport-Tech 05-02-2012 11:33 PM

^ :word:

YinYang1980 05-03-2012 08:00 AM

i am also really impressed with the aggressive pricing for the scion. this will be a little nice car to drive.

Future 05-03-2012 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YinYang1980 (Post 198941)
i am also really impressed with the aggressive pricing for the scion. this will be a little nice car to drive.

exactly... considering the 6% tax on all canadian imports... its quite amazing.

Klinn 05-03-2012 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pastuch (Post 198191)
Belair Scion just invited me to a private test drive on May 10th because I have a $1000 pre-order and a signed purchase order. They told me I should have my car in my driveway by the end of may if everything goes according to plan! My birthday is May 31st! Fu'ckin sweet!

Nice! My salesman at Mendes Scion just sent me an email about an FR-S arriving for viewing & test drive but he wasn't sure of the date or time. Wonder if it's the same car being passed around by Scion Canada to the various Ottawa dealerships, or a separate demo unit being delivered to each place?

The sales manager also gave a rough estimate of June 1st for delivery of my car (assuming we come to a mutual agreement on price!) :D

Hope your b'day is an exceptional one this year!

Pbrown 05-03-2012 05:55 PM

Mendes

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klinn (Post 199137)
Nice! My salesman at Mendes Scion just sent me an email about an FR-S arriving for viewing & test drive but he wasn't sure of the date or time. Wonder if it's the same car being passed around by Scion Canada to the various Ottawa dealerships, or a separate demo unit being delivered to each place?

The sales manager also gave a rough estimate of June 1st for delivery of my car (assuming we come to a mutual agreement on price!) :D

Hope your b'day is an exceptional one this year!

I had to send Mendes an email this morning letting them know that the car is supposed to be in Ottawa May 10 at Belair Toyota and that since I have had my deposit down since March 5, 2012 I thought maybe they could arrange a test drive day for those of us dealing with Mendes. I got a generic response that they had received my email. Well at noon I called and asked what was going on? Said they should know more on Monday. Kind of shows you who the higher rated Scion delaerships are in Ottawa. Anyway he did suggest that I will have my Raven FRS by the end of May, early June. At this point I really don't need to test drive it, just need to see the room for my 9 year old son in the back seat. I will be at Tony Grahams on Wednesday night for my first glimpse at my next vehicle. Can't freakin wait.

Klinn 05-04-2012 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pbrown (Post 199506)
I had to send Mendes an email this morning letting them know that the car is supposed to be in Ottawa May 10 at Belair Toyota and that since I have had my deposit down since March 5, 2012 I thought maybe they could arrange a test drive day for those of us dealing with Mendes. I got a generic response that they had received my email. Well at noon I called and asked what was going on? Said they should know more on Monday. Kind of shows you who the higher rated Scion delaerships are in Ottawa. Anyway he did suggest that I will have my Raven FRS by the end of May, early June. At this point I really don't need to test drive it, just need to see the room for my 9 year old son in the back seat. I will be at Tony Grahams on Wednesday night for my first glimpse at my next vehicle. Can't freakin wait.

With a deposit made back in March, you must be #1 on the list! Yeah, they seem to be the odd one out in the Ottawa area, but hey, maybe that means they'll work harder on the deal. :D And all the doom & gloom surrounding the Public Service cuts may mean that business is slower for them.

Unfortunately I've got other plans on Wens so I can't go to the Tony Graham event, but just like you I can't wait to see the car for real. I'm not 100% sold on it. The reviews are great so far but the styling details leave me a little cold. The basic form is terrific, especially in profile, but the details are a little untidy. We'll see.

If I manage to get a firm date & time for the Mendes demo, I'll post it here.