Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   CANADA (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   KW (Tri-Cities) Thread (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6709)

sal 05-22-2012 09:52 AM

KW (Tri-Cities) Thread

Just wondering if any FR-S buyers are from Kitchener, Waterloo or Cambridge? I get to pick mine up in a week or two. If anyone is local to me, we should have a meet and get to know each other. I'm a Toyota guy so clearly the Scion version was the right choice.

Aznek 05-22-2012 10:00 AM

Are you the guy with the celica?

djdnz 05-22-2012 10:01 AM

Ordered a BRZ in Kitchener, but it's not supposed to arrive until august, so I'd be up for a meet after that.

sal 05-22-2012 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aznek (Post 221065)
Are you the guy with the celica?

Yep!
White GT-Four

Aznek 05-22-2012 10:05 AM

Ah I test drove the car right after you. I think there's a girl that pre ordered as well.

Our cars are on a train and almost in Toronto I believe

Aznek 05-22-2012 10:12 AM

btw what made you get an frs if you've got that car?

sal 05-22-2012 10:13 AM

Wicked! Meaning we should meet up at some point and time when we get our cars! Nick told me you ordered yours in white?
The girl that pre-ordered is an older lady that had always leased every new Celica. She should feel right at home with the FR-S!

I went with the FR-S because I wanted something newer. I think I will be selling the Celica but I'm not too sure yet.

df.dima 05-22-2012 10:39 AM

I got one. Whiteout 6mt. Not sure if I'll be able to make to meets, depending on work schedule, but I'll try eventually.

I really wanted brz/limited, but after having read feedback on Gemini motors on subaru forums, I decided not to deal with them. I'd rather deal with Scion.

Aznek 05-22-2012 05:17 PM

Nice, you guys have early June as your release dates as well?

I noticed that it said 50km on my bill of sale. I trust that nick would never give me a vehicle with anywhere near 50km but I did find that kind of odd. What do your bills say?

Saibot 05-22-2012 08:46 PM

sup blue mt here

df.dima 05-22-2012 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aznek (Post 221649)
Nice, you guys have early June as your release dates as well?

I noticed that it said 50km on my bill of sale. I trust that nick would never give me a vehicle with anywhere near 50km but I did find that kind of odd. What do your bills say?

I did not know about max odo reading, because it was my first new car purchase. I found out only a few days after that. I checked my paper and surprisingly it says 500km. Not good news. If they do give me a car with unreasonable mileage, I'll make a huge stink out of that. I understand that I got the paper signed, but no one ever told me about this, I guess it's my problem, but maybe someone should have mentioned that, as they promised me "good buying experience", because it is an important point.
I was going to check out some Toyotas for my wife, but if they pull this scum bag move, FR-S is going to be my last ever car from that dealership.
But I try to think positively and hope it will be ok and they are just putting this huge number on the paper in case of some unforeseen problems.

Fingers crossed.

/edit
Just talked to the sales person and he assured me that it is just a standard number of kms they put on every bill of sale and usually cars have less than 10kms. So I'll see how this turns out.

ahquit 05-22-2012 09:42 PM

My contract has 30km on it, and even that makes me a bit uncomfortable. Got my fingers crossed it won't be anywhere near that.

sal 05-22-2012 10:25 PM

Mine says 33km. I think they do pdi so they will at least drive 10kms worth

Slartibartfast 05-23-2012 08:01 AM

Live in Cambridge, work in Guelph.
Black FR-S still in production. Hoping to have it before July.
A meet would be cool.