Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Innovate (Sprintex) Supercharger Owners Topic (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40066)

xjohnx 09-05-2013 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ft_sjo (Post 1190328)
Car sounds fine to me in that video. No different to any other '86 with or without supercharger fitted. Perhaps your camera isn't picking up the noise right? Can you describe it?

pshew, i was starting to think i might be in trouble because it doesn't sound terribly different from my car. No CEL's or anything here though and plenty of power.

ft_sjo 09-05-2013 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xjohnx (Post 1190345)
pshew, i was starting to think i might be in trouble because it doesn't sound terribly different from my car. No CEL's or anything here though and plenty of power.

It sounds like a case of paranoia and a tune which needs some work.

swift996 09-05-2013 08:53 AM

Interesting, my car sounds the same (a good amount of mechanical noise) when the hood is open. It sounds like it's something more tune related with the misfire and the lean codes but just my speculation. Strange though that PRE has already diagnosed it twice (I'm sure they looked at the maps). Did they give you any indication of what might have caused it? Terrible timing for you there.

Draco-REX 09-05-2013 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lbroskee (Post 1188236)
Well shit then i need to figure wut 270 crank is at the wheels so i can use that same ACT one -_-

270tq at the crank is about 230rwtq. It would be an 80% increase. That clutch should be good for around 300rwhp.

NickFRS 09-05-2013 04:27 PM

The crappy Iphone Microphone makes the knock muffled.

DeliciousTuning 09-06-2013 12:13 AM

Hi All,

Just a quick update on the Innovate Intercooler test and tune. So here are the results we have thus far.

http://www.delicioustuning.com/sites...ulley_INFO.jpg

As you can see there are three dyno charts and below describes each.

182.7 whp - Innovate Stage 1 "Tuner" Package with out standard tune offered for this kit. Usually this reads around 215-225 on a dynojet by comparison or 20% higher on a dynojet.

191.9 whp - This is the exact same tune as offered in the Stage 1 "Tuner" Package except the different being only the intercooler. As you can see just adding the intercooler and doing absolutely nothing else will net your vehicle nearly 10 more wheel horsepower. So that would be about 225-235 on a dynojet.

204.7 whp - This includes the Innovate Stage 1 "Tuner" Package plus intercooler and our custom map for this particular setup. So there is room to make power even with a small (minimal) pressure drop. Boost is not everything, as can be seen above.

And I am sure there are a few more items on the table to make even more power. Coming soon...

Cheers,
William Knose

lbroskee 09-06-2013 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeliciousTuning (Post 1192651)
Hi All,

Just a quick update on the Innovate Intercooler test and tune. So here are the results we have thus far.

http://www.delicioustuning.com/sites...ulley_INFO.jpg

As you can see there are three dyno charts and below describes each.

182.7 whp - Innovate Stage 1 "Tuner" Package with out standard tune offered for this kit. Usually this reads around 215-225 on a dynojet by comparison or 20% higher on a dynojet.

191.9 whp - This is the exact same tune as offered in the Stage 1 "Tuner" Package except the different being only the intercooler. As you can see just adding the intercooler and doing absolutely nothing else will net your vehicle nearly 10 more wheel horsepower. So that would be about 225-235 on a dynojet.

204.7 whp - This includes the Innovate Stage 1 "Tuner" Package plus intercooler and our custom map for this particular setup. So there is room to make power even with a small (minimal) pressure drop. Boost is not everything, as can be seen above.

And I am sure there are a few more items on the table to make even more power. Coming soon...

Cheers,
William Knose

that seems very low when we have ppl at lik 250 WHP, or is this with stock exhaust, pulleys AKA just the stage 2 kit?

evo4g63 09-06-2013 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lbroskee (Post 1192655)
that seems very low when we have ppl at lik 250 WHP, or is this with stock exhaust, pulleys AKA just the stage 2 kit?

Doesn't seem low to me at all. On a dynojet as Will stated it would read higher. I made 230hp on stock pulley, e85 and a greddy axle back. Granted we got the last few dyno runs with the hood closed to see if there was a difference.

lbroskee 09-06-2013 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evo4g63 (Post 1192663)
Doesn't seem low to me at all. On a dynojet as Will stated it would read higher. I made 230hp on stock pulley, e85 and a greddy axle back. Granted we got the last few dyno runs with the hood closed to see if there was a difference.

i mean the 235 seems a bit low, but if its on stock exhaust thats great and i can see full exhaust, intake, custom tune at def ~280

evo4g63 09-06-2013 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lbroskee (Post 1192670)
i mean the 235 seems a bit low, but if its on stock exhaust thats great and i can see full exhaust, intake, custom tune at def ~280

I dynoed 230 with the mods as i said above and a custom FA20club in person tune. Are you saying that number is low as well? I was on e85 when I made that number. It in reality with the hood open would have been around the 240ish range. This was on a MAHA which does read lower than your typical dynojet.

lbroskee 09-06-2013 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evo4g63 (Post 1192681)
I dynoed 230 with the mods as i said above and a custom FA20club in person tune. Are you saying that number is low as well? I was on e85 when I made that number. It in reality with the hood open would have been around the 240ish range. This was on a MAHA which does read lower than your typical dynojet.

im jus tryna figure out if that was the only mods on the test car is wut i mean. really hoping its only the kit on the car. im pretty sure it is in which case great numbers, but jus want to make sure b4 i get too happy

DeliciousTuning 09-06-2013 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lbroskee (Post 1192655)

This is a stock FRS setup except for the Innovate SC Stage 1 Package (75mm pulley); including stock headers, stock exhaust, stock intake on California 91 octane fuel. I do apologize for the heartbreaker dyno, as I know it does make the numbers look extremely low in comparison to other dyno numbers.

So with that in mind the main focus is on the difference between what the Innovate Intercooler (no pulley changes) offers in regards to power/torque increases over the baseline Innovate Stage 1 "Tuner" package with and without custom tuning.

Cheers,
William Knose

evo4g63 09-06-2013 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeliciousTuning (Post 1192692)
This is a stock FRS setup except for the Innovate SC Stage 1 Package (75mm pulley); including stock headers, stock exhaust, stock intake on California 91 octane fuel. I do apologize for the heartbreaker dyno, as I know it does make the numbers look extremely low in comparison to other dyno numbers.

So with that in mind the main focus is on the difference between what the Innovate Intercooler (no pulley changes) offers in regards to power/torque increases over the baseline Innovate Stage 1 "Tuner" package with and without custom tuning.

Cheers,
William Knose

Thanks for posting the feedback. What do you think this setup would make with e85 in the mix? no exhaust mods or pulley changes.

lbroskee 09-06-2013 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeliciousTuning (Post 1192692)

Cheers,
William Knose

heartbreaking no. since i have full exhaust and 93 octane I'm hella excited now :D