Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   WORKS CARB Stage 2 Installed! Review (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102598)

Mr_YUzU_FRS 03-08-2016 03:47 AM

WORKS CARB Stage 2 Installed! Review

Just got the WORKS stage 2 turbo installed at WORKS Motorsports on my 2015 RS 1.0 about 2 weeks ago. I took 2 weeks to drive the car so I can give a fair review on the kit based on my own opinion. Before anyone go crazy with criticisms why I should go with a different kit or go SC instead of turbo, here are some of the reasons why I went with WORKS.

1. First and only Turbo with CARB certification (I think). I daily drive this car :), look so much better with that CARB exempt on if pulled over by CHP
2. Always loved turbo cars over SC
3. WORKS Motorsports is about an hour drive from where I live. Good local support, reputation and experience. Only full motorsports shop near me that actually develop and install their own kit.

My own personal opinions of the WORKS Stage 2 Turbo Kit.
Performance - On the dyno the car made about 210 whp and 200 torque (can't find the graph now but will put up soon). I have a K&N drop-in filter, Private Label catted front pipe, and the TRD cbe that came with the RS 1.0. Honestly the car feels great when under boost, feels like more than 210 whp. Very stock like driving when not under boost. #s can be different due to many things (choice of drop-in filter, exhaust setup, weather, etc.)

Price - I paid about $6800 that included the Stage 2 kit with calibration, installation labor, Eneos Synthetic Motor Oil Service, Dyno ($99 for after install, did not get the baseline dyno).

Customer Service - Harry provided me with awesome customer service. Installation completed according to estimated time given. They gave me a loaner car when I dropped off mines. Pictures were provided to me. Will definitely go back for more goodies.

My future plans for this car:
-Stage 2 clutch (exedy maybe)
-Better rims/tires/suspension
-Flex fuel kit (e85 & 91)
-Maybe different exhaust setup

Putting up pics soon.

Mr_YUzU_FRS 03-08-2016 03:55 AM

10 Attachment(s)
Pics

swarb 03-08-2016 04:33 AM

Nice! Dont forget about brakes. Did you install an oil cooler also? I wonder how the car handles with one chassis bar removed. Would removing both would be better? I never knew the rs1.0 did not come with the trunk lid cover.

Mr_YUzU_FRS 03-08-2016 06:00 AM

yea, forgot to mention bigger brakes. The car's handling seems the same, didn't feel any difference. And no oil cooler yet, don't know how I forgot these 2..

CSG Mike 03-08-2016 11:44 AM

One of these days, I hope to actually see a log from this kit, as it's the only CARB turbo kit for this car.

Lord09 03-08-2016 12:00 PM

I think a lot of people would love to see more info about this kit, being that it's the only CARB legal turbo kit available.

Even though I'm not qualified, I'd also love to see the logs reviewed by someone knowledgeable to see how "good" the stock CARB tune is and also how the kit performs overall in a track or otherwise aggressive setting.

Please keep us up to date of your experiences!

Cockatoo 03-08-2016 12:52 PM

210whp, man thats low for the price of admission.. was this just with eh basemap that the kit comes with?

Summerwolf 03-08-2016 01:04 PM

Got a dyno chart? What type of dyno?

CSG David 03-08-2016 02:16 PM

TRD RS1.0 with a CARB legal turbo sounds cool. Congrats @Mr_YUzU_FRS! :burnrubber:

ImperiousRex 03-08-2016 02:18 PM

For that price I hope the baseline dyno is at 100whp (or less).

But as is, you have the ultimate sleeper car! Looks stock, probably sounds stock, and makes power like stock! ;)

EAGLE5 03-08-2016 03:01 PM

I'd like to see a dyno. I'm betting a lot more power under the curve. Usable at the track for full sessions, unlike an ESC. 210whp is nothing to sneeze at. That's at least 50whp and a 35+% increase.

I'd like to see a dyno as well as how this turbo does on ethanol.

GhostOp86 03-08-2016 03:33 PM

:thumbup: Cool review, glad to see more of these kits out. Hope you enjoy it :D

Mr_YUzU_FRS 03-08-2016 03:48 PM

The car is super quiet, for some reason it sounds more quiet than stock during normal driving, under boost the car sounds totally different. Very sleeper look and sound. Will be posting up the dyno graph as soon as I get home today. Like I said under boost the car feels more than 210 whp, maybe because of its light and balancd weight (or just my butt dyno).

Lord09 03-08-2016 03:55 PM

Just curious, did your install include a Ecutek license/tune or was it flashed through a Tactrix cable?