Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Common things people say about your car! (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103852)

Who8myrice 04-02-2016 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tcoat (Post 2608240)
And then immediately close on you as soon as you stick your leg out.

I got used to this, I get out quick so door close as I am out. No one has noticed this cool move yet....

Tcoat 04-02-2016 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRSBRZGT86FAN (Post 2608246)
Same issues with Aston Martin "canopy/swan doors"

My 91 Talon did it as well. It is the curse of long doors on coupes.

ToySub1946 04-02-2016 08:17 PM

"The doors do suck though. You swing too wide."

"And then immediately close on you as soon as you stick your leg out."

Are we talking of the FRS/BRZ here ?

This is the first car I've ever owned which has four positions of the door. Fully closed, Fully opened, and TWO detents in between those others.

And if you can't, at all, in any way, get in/out of the car with the door at it's lst detent from fully closed, you're too fat !

Did I say, this car is perfect, well it is.

islandguy69 04-02-2016 08:41 PM

Me mommy sez......why u get toy car??......I said.....just to see if it'll fit under my f350.....or drive my cj jeep over it......or maybe because...I wanted change...got a diesel....got a 327.....now got a vehicle thats cheap on fuel..$160/month!!....

PitViper 04-02-2016 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by islandguy69 (Post 2608289)
Me mommy sez......why u get toy car??......I said.....just to see if it'll fit under my f350.....or drive my cj jeep over it......or maybe because...I wanted change...got a diesel....got a 327.....now got a vehicle thats cheap on fuel..$160/month!!....

My parents both have dodge rams. They. Almost had a heart attack when i filled my tank for less then $20. I understand the feels.

For them, its close to $200 a tank.

Sent from my LG-D950 using Tapatalk

FR-Sky 04-03-2016 03:45 AM

"oh, its a scion."

really? O_o no fk given

dnieves 04-03-2016 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmartedPanda (Post 2608055)
"That's the weirdest Tesla I've seen" - Ex
"Why does it say Subaru?" - Random person pulled up
"I like the Toyota model a little better but the BRZ looks nicer in white." - Homeless guy

homeless guy.... everybody's a critic

86geek 04-03-2016 01:48 PM

LmaO@all the posts!
I've had homeless dudes ask me what kind of car is that.
If I see peeps who drive FRS we each say how sexy our cars are or we give the "shaka sign/thumbs up".
For me this car is my mid life crisis cuz I'm old.....Hahaha!

Celica00 04-03-2016 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soulreapersteve (Post 2608174)
"Must be nice to have mommy and daddy buy that for you"

That one kills me. I had the same thing happen when I got the FRS. Coincidentally, it was said by a college aged girl who had her whole tuition paid for by her father and same with her brand new Honda CRV. I couldn't think of anything clever at the time so all I said was

"It's call having a job, but you wouldn't know what that is" ....LAAAAME

Anyway:

Nice Porsche bro

Sick body kit bro (thinking it was a 370z)

Orange? What a ***

It's slow though

extrashaky 04-03-2016 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mini Cooper S (Post 2608236)
The doors do suck though. They swing too wide.

They're just like many other low sports cars. Making them any shorter would make it difficult for many people to get into the car. Short doors work on higher/taller vehicles.

I just drove a Camaro for a week. Same problem with the doors, and it's not even a sports car. But I was used to it. I'm already in the habit of parking off in the back 40 to avoid door dings.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToySub1946 (Post 2608276)
And if you can't, at all, in any way, get in/out of the car with the door at it's lst detent from fully closed, you're too fat !

Or you have normal sized feet, or you're taller than 5'1". The door doesn't leave enough of a gap to swing your feet in if you sit down first, and the steering wheel is in the way if you try to slide in sideways.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tcoat (Post 2608182)
That is the presumptive equivalent to people I have known my whole life saying "mid life crisis car?" Did they not notice it fits right in with many I had?

This is the thing that never made any sense about the so-called mid-life crisis. You get married and start having kids, and to be practical, you have to get rid of the Harley or the sports car because braces, college funds, marching band instruments, sports equipment and so on are more important than new carburetors and monthly insurance payments on toys. You keep wanting a sports car or Harley for years. You finally get the kids out of the house, you're finally making enough money after all these years to afford the things you did without... And then you're criticized for doing so.

Anybody who thinks I'm having a mid life crisis because I bought a sports car can fuck right off.

Zaku 04-03-2016 03:50 PM

While I was doing some camera work on the new Kouki 86, a journalist came up to me and asked

"is this the new Prius?"

LostSalad 04-03-2016 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tcoat (Post 2608182)
That is the presumptive equivalent to people I have known my whole life saying "mid life crisis car?" Did they not notice it fits right in with many I had?

I'm 24. I tell people I'm doing the mid-life crisis early to get it out of my system.

As for the thread. Kids. Always kids.

Kid: *points* "Mama! What's that black car?!"
Mom: "That's a Toyota sweetie"
Kid: "WOOOW"
Mom: Looks at me and mouths "WOOOOW"

I just waved lol. Wish she was hot, would make this story a bit better :sigh:

extrashaky 04-03-2016 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LostSalad (Post 2608897)
As for the thread. Kids. Always kids.

Kid: *points* "Mama! What's that black car?!"
Mom: "That's a Toyota sweetie"
Kid: "WOOOW"
Mom: Looks at me and mouths "WOOOOW"

I just waved lol. Wish she was hot, would make this story a bit better :sigh:

I hope you mean the mom.

JARE_ee 04-03-2016 08:47 PM

nice car