Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Graphite Stock Wheels (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137637)

EduardoCortes18 11-04-2019 02:52 PM

Graphite Stock Wheels

4 Attachment(s)
Hello everybody!

Wanted to share my 2014 Ultramarine FR-S with this very simple mod which instantly adds 20hp AT THE WHEELS.

Not only do we know stock wheels on the Toyobarus are just hideous, try buying one with a plastidip job done so BAD, it looks like it was done using the spray can with your feet. Not just that, I bet the guy also thought "why not spray yellow caliper paint all over the brake area without masking anything because, fuck it!".

It took me around 3 hours for 2 wheels in total which included:

Removing plastidip (absolutely horrible job, fuck that guy)

Removing God awful yellow caliper paint (made me physically sick every time I saw them, again, fuck you dude whoever and wherever you are, you got it all over hoses, discs, rubber gaskets, struts, your mom surely)

Sanding down the stock wheels and calipers (200 grit maybe?)

Masking tires, valve stems, discs, etc.

I used Dupli-Color primer, HWP102 Graphite High Performance Wheel paint, gloss and red ceramic caliper brush paint for this job.

This is obviously not professional, it was JUST FOR FUN MILLENIALS (don't get offended) and I think came up pretty well for it being my first wheel paint job. What do YOU think friendly internet strangers who I will never meet?

RToyo86 11-04-2019 04:01 PM

They look pretty dang good for a rattle can job. :thumbup:

8RZ 11-04-2019 04:05 PM

I always hated the stock wheels but good job and making them look a little better.

EduardoCortes18 11-06-2019 03:44 PM

Thanks guys!

Still dreaming on getting silver RPF1's or OZ Leggeras one day and burn the stocks on a bonfire.

SuperTom 12-08-2019 07:49 AM

good work, yeah screw that other guys work

toast 12-10-2019 09:33 PM

What color (brand) paint did you use?

If you want it to last get a can of spraymax 2k clear; that will make it as good as a real paint job.

BigTuna 12-11-2019 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EduardoCortes18 (Post 3272751)
Hello everybody!

Wanted to share my 2014 Ultramarine FR-S with this very simple mod which instantly adds 20hp AT THE WHEELS.

Not only do we know stock wheels on the Toyobarus are just hideous, try buying one with a plastidip job done so BAD, it looks like it was done using the spray can with your feet. Not just that, I bet the guy also thought "why not spray yellow caliper paint all over the brake area without masking anything because, fuck it!".

It took me around 3 hours for 2 wheels in total which included:

Removing plastidip (absolutely horrible job, fuck that guy)

Removing God awful yellow caliper paint (made me physically sick every time I saw them, again, fuck you dude whoever and wherever you are, you got it all over hoses, discs, rubber gaskets, struts, your mom surely)

Sanding down the stock wheels and calipers (200 grit maybe?)

Masking tires, valve stems, discs, etc.

I used Dupli-Color primer, HWP102 Graphite High Performance Wheel paint, gloss and red ceramic caliper brush paint for this job.

This is obviously not professional, it was JUST FOR FUN MILLENIALS (don't get offended) and I think came up pretty well for it being my first wheel paint job. What do YOU think friendly internet strangers who I will never meet?

Quote:

Originally Posted by toast (Post 3282164)
What color (brand) paint did you use?

If you want it to last get a can of spraymax 2k clear; that will make it as good as a real paint job.