Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member's Car Journals (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Red Robin Build (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99875)

L3P47 01-10-2016 08:48 PM

Red Robin Build
 
2 Attachment(s)
Been gone from this forum for awhile now and thought I'd start a new journal to show my progress. Anyways here's Robin.


Sponsors
Pro-Auto LLC

Interior
Custom Painted Trim Pieces
Custom Painted Dash
Custom Painted Dash Pieces
Custom Painted Gauge Cluster
Carbon Fiber Insert
Shrader Performance Rear Seat Delete
Toyota Black Traction Control Buttons
Red LED Footwear Lights
Custom Steering Wheel Badge
Weathertech Floor Mats
Billetworkz Custom Shift Knob
Boost Guage
Harness Bar (Awaiting Paint)

Exterior
Varis Arising II Front Bumper with Lip
Varis Type 2 Carbon Fiber Hood
Varis Widebody B Kit (Future)
Custom Robin Badges
Beatsonic Shark Fin
Carbon Fiber Fender Inserts
Spyder V2 Smoked Taillights
Spyder Smoked 4th Brake Light
Custom Painted Jet Black Roof
Custom Headlights
Valenti Smoked Headlights with Halos (Future)

Performance
JDL UEL Header
ISR Overpipe
Invidia Catless Frontpipe
Borla Catback Exhaust
ECUTEK Racerom Protuned
Jackson Racing Supercharger C30 Kit
Jackson Racing High Boost Pulley
AEM Fuel Pump
OMNI 3 Bar Map Sensor

Engine Bay
Password JDM Engine Bay Dress Up Kit
Password JDM Strut Bar
Perrin Radiator Hoses
Custom Painted Engine Cover
Custom Painted Fuse Box Cover
Custom Engine & Fuse Box Covers

Wheels, Tires, Suspension, & Brakes
Enkei Raijin Staggered 18x8.5 Front 18x9.5 Rear (Possibly up for Sale)
Michellin Pilot Super Sports 245/40/18 Front 265/40/18 Rear
BC Racing Coilovers
Stoptech Brake Pads

L3P47 02-06-2016 02:56 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Just realized alot of my pics didn't upload when I started this journal. To catch up to speed I recently sold my Password JDM Carbon Fiber Engine Bay Panels and my APR Carbon Fiber Front Splitter. I've also got all my interior pieces painted and got my Custom Robin badge installed. The roof was also painted Jet Black along with the hood vents. Attachment 130681Attachment 130682Attachment 130683

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

L3P47 02-06-2016 02:58 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Recently picked up the Spyder V2 Smoked tails also. Attachment 130684Attachment 130685

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

L3P47 02-08-2016 08:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 130838

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

L3P47 02-11-2016 01:29 PM

The wait for Varis has began.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

L3P47 02-17-2016 11:29 AM

Just got some great news. Big mod coming soon ;)

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

L3P47 03-04-2016 02:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Is it Monday yet?Attachment 132507

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Clipdat 03-04-2016 03:05 PM

I bet those automatic rev matched downshifts sound awesome on your exhaust setup! Nice car man!

Brayden_23 03-04-2016 04:04 PM

How has your experience been with the header? I ordered mine a few weeks ago and am still waiting for it to ship! Beyond excited.

L3P47 03-04-2016 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brayden_23 (Post 2569414)
How has your experience been with the header? I ordered mine a few weeks ago and am still waiting for it to ship! Beyond excited.

Header is amazing. Makes the car almost sound like a V8.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

L3P47 03-08-2016 10:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh, happy day! Attachment 132738

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

L3P47 03-08-2016 05:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Boost!Attachment 132772

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Parks_ 03-08-2016 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L3P47 (Post 2573651)
Boost!Attachment 132772

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Is that the c30 or c38? Loving the build so far man:thumbup:

L3P47 03-08-2016 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parks_ (Post 2573923)
Is that the c30 or c38? Loving the build so far man:thumbup:

It's the C30. Wished I would've got the C38, but oh well. Can always upgrade later. Thanks man!

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

L3P47 03-12-2016 11:08 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Well, it finally happened. She's boosted now! Off to Circuit motorsports next Wednesday to get her on the dyno. Attachment 132986Attachment 132987Attachment 132985

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

L3P47 03-14-2016 03:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, after installing this you learn all over how crampt the 86 is. None the less my new DW65C Fuel Pump is installed. Attachment 133166

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

L3P47 03-18-2016 12:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Still waiting on the tuner to send the dyno sheets, but I'm very happy with the results. With the Jackson Racing C30 kit, high boost pulley, and on 93 I put down 290whp 240ftlbs on a Mustang Dyno. Attachment 133563

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

ort895 03-18-2016 12:58 PM

some nice torque, i too color matched my dash panels...im a fan haha

MisterSheep 03-29-2016 05:01 PM

Any news on varis?:)

L3P47 03-29-2016 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterSheep (Post 2602171)
Any news on varis?:)

Expecting sometime around June.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

L3P47 05-02-2016 06:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Got some pieces hydrodipped.

Attachment 136430



Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

L3P47 05-02-2016 06:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Seen this awhile ago now. Finally got around to stopping to take a pics. Definitely a good photoshoot area.

Attachment 136431

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

L3P47 08-01-2016 10:11 AM

Well, in the last week of waiting on Varis according to Collin from BulletProof Automotive. Won't be here in time for the show this weekend, but oh well. Soon enough! No new updates right now. Stay tuned for Varis!

L3P47 08-26-2016 08:31 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Have a couple of updates since I was last on. Varis has finally arrived! Currently sitting at the house and I'll get around to painting and installing as soon as I can afford to paint it. Along with it the front fenders, roof, re clearing the hood, some engine bay pieces, and last 2 dash pieces are all getting painted. Also, once I get Varis installed and painted Robin will no longer be a daily car. Also, installed a boost gauge finally and my shift knob came in. Stay tuned for more updates. Attachment 142159Attachment 142160Attachment 142161Attachment 142162

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

L3P47 09-15-2016 06:16 PM

A couple updates for anyone who still follows this journal. Decided to sell my Carbon hood to get some things painted sooner rather than later. Also, I unboxed Varis finally. Enjoy the teaser pic. http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...7fc9c24b32.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...644998da67.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

choiboie 09-17-2016 02:53 AM

Great build! was wondering how you like the comp 2 tires from bfg.
how is the noise?

L3P47 10-03-2016 11:56 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Well, I have a few updates. I recently sold the VIS hood and went back to the stock. Wanted a more clean change. Also, after over half a year wait Varis is painted and installed! I can't get over how much it change the look of the car. My paint guy always does amazing work. Also, said he couldnt let me leave without the hood having fresh paint, so he said he'd do it for free. Have it back on this Friday. This year has brought many changes to Robin. That saying I've spent way too much money this year, so aside from the few engine bay pieces and interior pieces that my paint guy said he'd do for free, blinker housings, and fog lights I'm done for awhile. Hope everyone enjoys the update for those that follow this build :cool: Attachment 143984Attachment 143986Attachment 143987

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

L3P47 10-03-2016 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choiboie (Post 2755000)
Great build! was wondering how you like the comp 2 tires from bfg.
how is the noise?

Thanks man! This is actually my 2nd set of them. I have no complaints with them and would definitely recommend them. No noise what so ever.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

irax 10-04-2016 01:21 PM

YUMMMMM

L3P47 10-10-2016 10:09 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Got everything put back together finally and damn she looks amazing! Also finally finished up my interior pieces. Attachment 144241Attachment 144242Attachment 144243

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

L3P47 11-01-2016 11:25 AM

Very fortunate to be able to do as much as I have this year to Robin. Still have a long way to go to get to where I want to be, but she's definitely come along way. http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...4c99983ff0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

L3P47 04-12-2017 09:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 152112

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

StraightOuttaCanadaEh 04-12-2017 10:23 AM

Oi vey she looks nice, must go like stink too! How bad is the fuel consumption compared to stock and have you had any issues with SC?

L3P47 04-12-2017 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanadaEh (Post 2890075)
Oi vey she looks nice, must go like stink too! How bad is the fuel consumption compared to stock and have you had any issues with SC?

Umm, fuel consumption isn't the greatest because I like to go fast haha. No issues with the Supercharger though.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:29 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.