Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   AUSTRALIA (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Australian 86 Dealers - The Good & The Bad (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9413)

sticky 06-21-2012 05:11 PM

Official Australian 86/BRZ Dealers Thread - The Good & The Bad
 
Hey peeps.

I've noticed that there are a lot of threads talking about getting screwed over with dealer delivery charges and what not. But there are also a few on praising the great dealers (like Andrew Smith @ Peter Warren). So I'll keep this thread updated with all your experiences so that people that haven't put their money down know where exactly it should go. What I need from you is...

Name of Dealer and Location: (include the name of salesperson if you like)
86 Spec: (Model/Transmission/Colour)
Date Ordered:
Approx. Delivery Date:
Approx. Waiting Time:
Dealer Delivery Charge:
Total Price:
Customer Service Rating: (give score out of 10 - based on communication, friendliness, willingness to negotiate etc.)
Comments:

A score below 6/10 will mean they would be on the 'bad list' and anything above on the 'good list'. Feel free to let me know if there should be something else I should add.

Cheers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE GOOD :happyanim:

Peter Warren Toyota (Warwick Farm, NSW) *Andrew Smith*
Member: Toy86
86 Spec: GTS/Manual/White
Date Ordered: June
Approx. Delivery Date:Oct
Approx. Waiting Time:3-4 months
Dealer Delivery Charge: Not sure
Total Price:$39770 - Dark Legal Tint, Metallic paint, Full tank of Gas - Drive away
Customer Service Rating: 9/10
Comments: Service and communication so far has been amazing. He reply's to my quires promptly. Delivery is a while off so I guess I can give additional feedback closer to the date.


Terry Shields Parramatta (Parramatta, NSW) *Fred Tsang/ Warren Hooke*
Member: benoh
86 Spec: GTS MT Orange
Date Ordered: 16 June
Approx. Delivery Date:Asked for Feb 2013 (Might change to Oct 2012 if possible)
Approx. Waiting Time: 4-8 months
Dealer Delivery Charge: Not Sure
Total Price: $39800
Customer Service Rating: 8/10
Comments: Interacted with many of the guys there, great people. When I hadn't ordered the car yet I felt that there might of have been some gimmicks but overall I was satisfied. He came out with a price of $40100 I think and I stood firm and said I was not paying over $39800 and he fixed everything up for me without questioning. Went back today and had a good chat with the guys, very friendly, providing continued after-order support.
They currently have a white auto GTS and a red Manual GT if I remember correctly, get there quick before its sold though!!


Chatswood Toyota (Chatswood, NSW) *Howard QIAN*
Member: FT86_Zero
86 Spec: GTS/Auto/White
Date Ordered: Early June
Approx. Delivery Date: End of July
Approx. Waiting Time: 1 month from order
Dealer Delivery Charge: Being clarified
Total Price: TBA
Customer Service Rating: 9/10
Comments: None

Ingham Toyota (Ingham, QLD) *Tony Lahtinen*
Member: Sutty
86 Spec: GTS AT Sonic Blue
Date ordered: 21/7/12
Approx Delivery Date: 28 August 2012
Wait time: Nil - already In Production when I bought it.:thumbup:
Dealer delivery charge: $1644
Total Price: $41.8k
Customer Service Rating: 9/10
Comments: I found Tony to be very helpful. I rang him on Friday looking for a car, none in stock but he did go to the effort of looking in their incoming stock list and found the GTS AT available. Told him that I was definitely interested but couldn't do anything until I had confirmed that I could get my deposit back on my other GTS that I had on order, which would take at least a day as the deealership was closed for public holiday. *He was more than understanding and told me to tiring him on Saturday and let him know if the deal could go ahead. Managed to get my original deposit back and rang him on the Sat morning, thinking that the car would definitely have been sold by then and surprisingly he had 'reserved it' on the off chance that I would get my other deposit back. Tony was also willing to go into work on the Saturday ( his day off) to draw up the contracts etc and take my deposit. *He was very honest too about all the paint protection/tinting etc and when I told him what I had sourced locally he said there was no way they could get close to that price and didn't try to push it on me. *Excellent service, week worth ringing.


Llewellyn Toyota (Ipswich , QLD) *Robbie*
Member: pr0j
86 Spec: GTS/Auto/White and GT/Manual/Orange
Date Ordered:*
Approx. Delivery Date:
Approx. Waiting Time:
Dealer Delivery Charge:
Total Price: not telling, but very good*
Customer Service Rating: 9
Comments: Really nice dude, was a bit of a wait to see him as he was flat out the day I went down there, but it's a good sign if he's in demand. Genuinely excited about the car, and ready to help in whatever way he can to get you into it. Still waiting on that call from the finance dept, mate ;P


Hinterland Toyota (Nerang, VIC) *Robina*
Member: spr1nter
86 Spec: GTS/Manual/Tornado Grey
Date Ordered: 30/06/12
Approx. Delivery Date: Currently Nov (may change but at least I’m informed and not getting BS)
Approx. Waiting Time: 4-5 months
Dealer Delivery Charge: -
Total Price: ~39k
Customer Service Rating: 9.5/10
Comments: I live in Brisbane and was having a frustrating time dealing with most of the dealerships in my immediate vicinity. Two of the dealers seemed to have the mentality that I should be putting down a deposit just for the right to talk to them regarding the 86 which they knew next to nothing about. I even had one try to sell me a Corolla ZR Hatch on the basis “there is no wait and it has almost as much torque and is more practical”. . . . I’m not buying an 86 to be practical and the wait is not too big of an issue. Anyway I was looking at carsales and noticed a Tornado Grey manual GTS up at Hinterland Toyota Robina. I sent an email enquiry and was called within 10 minutes. I was called by John LeMaitre and we had a quick chat. I had yet to test drive an 86 at that stage and wasn’t willing to commit prior to test driving. There was no push from John however he did tell me that it will most likely be gone by the time I call him back. Anyhow the misses and I test drove and LOVED it so we wanted to place an order. I rang John back to see if the car had gone and of course it had. John and I then talked for a further 20-30min. John was extremely knowledgeable and an obvious enthusiast. He has ordered himself (legitimately with no queue jumping) a red 86 due to arrive around the same time as mine. He also has on order a TRD rear spoiler. Still no sales pressure just a good honest chat on what turned out to be his day off! That Saturday torn between ordering locally or down at Robina we choose to deal with John. Although he is out of the way for us he was the first genuine enthusiast we dealt with and the service since has been first class! THANKS JOHN!! Will have to organise a cruise when they come through


Melton Toyota (Melton, VIC) *Josh Barker*
Member: Gir
86 Spec: GT/Manual/Sonic Blue
Date Ordered: Mid march
Approx. Delivery Date: 18/7/2012
Approx. Waiting Time: 1 month from official release
Dealer Delivery Charge: Being clarified
Total Price: $33,795
Customer Service Rating: 9/10
Comments: No negotiation, but didn't really try. Communication was very good. Had an issue with price, but it got sorted out after a couple of days.


Melbourne City Toyota (Melbourne, VIC) *Brandon*
Member: someguy
Customer Service Rating: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...8&postcount=30
Comments: one of the most honest dealers I have spoken to, not only that he has a very good understanding of the car and will provide you with TRUE information!


Nunawadding Toyota (Nunawadding , VIC) *Ben Coleman*
Member: Blue86
86 Spec: GT/Manual/Sonic Blue
Date Ordered: April
Approx. Delivery Date: 14/7/2012
Customer Service Rating: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...7&postcount=37
Comments: Overall it was a 10/10 experience and the first new car I've ever bought. A guy in my street was asking about the car yesterday and it turned out by coincidence he had bought a Kluger 4wd from the same salesman at the same dealership 2 weeks before.


Sci-Fleet Toyota (Taringa, QLD) *Sammy*
Member: pr0j
86 Spec: GTS Manual (demo car is SWP)
Date Ordered: not yet
Approx. Delivery Date: -
Approx. Waiting Time: 12 - 14 months, quoted by another sales person, but Sammy said October (I have a feeling she ordered my car months ago on the down low)
Dealer Delivery Charge:
Total Price: $39'300 plus met paint. (if I remember right)
Customer Service Rating: 8/10
Comments: Super helpful, gave me a test drive, She knows I'm serious but cautious as this will be my first new car, and is upfront about everything, only possible downside is that when I queried her about what she could do for me, one of the things she mentioned was floor mats. I let it go, as she also mentioned tinting and a few other things. ** side note, there was another salesperson there making jokes about the car coming back with huge dings / being wrapped around a tree, and then guffawing when noone else laughed. I'm guessing that's Pierre.


Galleria Toyota (Morley, WA)
Member: FT-86GOD
86 Spec: GTS/Manual/White/Aero-Kit
Date Ordered: June
Approx. Delivery Date: October
Approx. Waiting Time: 4 months
Dealer Delivery Charge: Lowest in Perth
Total Price: $41,880
Customer Service Rating: N/A
Comments: GTS, manual, floor mats, aero kit, full tank of fuel 12months rego - go to them if you want a cheap drive away price.


Great Southern Toyota (Katanning, WA) *Wes Bond*
Member: Z86
86 Spec: GTS/Manual/White
Date Ordered: June
Approx. Delivery Date: July
Approx. Waiting Time: none
Dealer Delivery Charge: ?
Total Price: ?
Customer Service Rating: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...7&postcount=25
Comments: Great communication - Even sent me photos of the car after they prepped it even though I was picking it up the next day. Was really a great buying experience given it was all over the phone/email.


Scarborough Toyota (Osborne Park, WA) *Taria*
Member: w arghh x
Customer Service Rating: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...3&postcount=35
Comments: Taria has been very upfront, very quick with replies to emails and gone out of her way to provide info and help out.

sticky 06-21-2012 05:11 PM

THE BAD :paddle:

Melville Toyota (Melville, WA)
Member: Z86
86 Spec: GTS/Manual/White
Date Ordered: May
Approx. Delivery Date: First told July delivery - then pushed back to Sept/Oct
Approx. Waiting Time: 5 months
Customer Service Rating: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...0&postcount=24
Comments: Not only did I feel like they told me what I wanted to get me to sign up, they misled me many times when I enquired... and when they finally told me how long the wait was going to be, they tried to tell me that they didn't say July.

Member: FT-86GOD
Customer Service Rating: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...35&postcount=8
Comments: Melville Toyota are a bunch of units and wont budge on price but promise u the world on phone.. In the end they said they would rather say no to me ans sell it to the next person who will pay full RRP... They actually said that.. ****s...


Sydney City Toyota (Sydney, NSW)
Member: click_lenny
86 Spec: GTS/MT
Customer Service Rating: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...8&postcount=31
Comments: fed up with his NO SERVICE AT ALL !!!!! 1st time buy brand new car and yet so shitty service from Toyota......if it is not 86, i would have been gone to other car......F**K!!!!


Sci-Fleet Toyota (Taringa, QLD) *Pierre*
Member: coyote
86 Spec: Just an inquiry
Approx. Waiting Time: 2 years?
Customer Service Rating: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9238
Comments: the kind of salesperson you get when all you sell is washing machines.


Nunawadding Toyota (Nunawadding , VIC)
Member: someguy
Customer Service Rating: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...8&postcount=30
Comments: * Marked up RRP price ($40,065).
* I called up Monday, was told that I will be called back on Wednesday (never happened). Instead of receiving a call saying "where busy", I had to follow it up.
* Called back Wednesday "were too busy".. fair enough.
* Called Friday - was told that were booked out, after I told him what happened the previous days that I been waiting for this I was then told to come in.
* Awesome, rocked up and I had to wait almost 2 hours before I was (no problem, expected on a busy day).
* Cool, I was then told by another dealer from Nunatoyota that he owns one of the auto 86's, when I get to test drive the vehicle he then tells me that his wife wont let him have one... I just kept my mouth shut (I get it, normal dealer words of wisdom to win a sale).


Essendon Toyota (Essendon, VIC)
Member: someguy
Customer Service Rating: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...8&postcount=30
Comments: called up, the guy was more interested in talking shit then actually answering my questions.
So after asking him twice what the price was for a GTS86 which was Tornado Grey *Manual*, I was quoted ~$40,500. Nice mark up of almost 1K from the listed price. The guy then asked me for my number... yeah right - dont give them your number, they will keep calling you to hassle you.


Ferntree Gully Toyota (Melbourne, VIC)
Member: ChocolateNick
Customer Service Rating: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...3&postcount=29
Comments: Contract price $2000 above price on website. Offered $17000 trade in on a car I later sold for $25000. Took my deposit quite happily with the promise to secure me a car in the 1st shipment. I believe the salesman was acting under the instructions of the sales manager so I wont name him personally. Others have since told me of similarly bad experiences buying other cars from that dealership. If you live in Melbourne avoid FERNTREE GULLY TOYOTA.

Toy86 06-21-2012 05:26 PM

Name of Dealer and Location:Peter Warren (Warwick Farm) *Andrew Smith*
86 Spec: GTS/Manual/White
Date Ordered: June
Approx. Delivery Date:Oct
Approx. Waiting Time:3-4 months
Dealer Delivery Charge: Not sure
Total Price:$39770 - Dark Legal Tint, Metallic paint, Full tank of Gas - Drive away
Customer Service Rating: 9/10 Service and communication so far has been amazing. He reply's to my quires promptly. Delivery is a while off so I guess I can give additional feedback closer to the date.

Gir 06-21-2012 06:32 PM

Name of Dealer and Location: Melton Toyota, Josh Barker
86 Spec: GT/Manual/Sonic Blue
Date Ordered: Mid march
Approx. Delivery Date: 18/7/2012
Approx. Waiting Time: 1 month from official release
Dealer Delivery Charge: Being clarified
Total Price: $33,795
Customer Service Rating: 9/10
Comments: No negotiation, but didn't really try. Communication was very good. Had an issue with price, but it got sorted out after a couple of days.

coyote 06-21-2012 10:29 PM

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9238

FT86_Zero 06-21-2012 10:40 PM

Name of Dealer and Location: Chatswood Toyota, Howard QIAN (sales manager)
86 Spec: GTS/Auto/White with Aero Kit
Date Ordered: Early June
Approx. Delivery Date: End of July

Approx. Waiting Time: 1 month from order
Dealer Delivery Charge: Being clarified
Total Price: TBA
Customer Service Rating: 9/10

HOHO, you guys see how lucky I am? I ordered it in June, and will get it in July.haha

P.S. The time I went actually there were two car available to choose, one is the GTS auto Black, delivery in end of June, and the another one is the one I ordered, with the Aero Kit....

m0nty 06-22-2012 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FT86_Zero (Post 271685)
Name of Dealer and Location: Chatswood Toyota, Howard QIAN (sales manager)
86 Spec: GTS/Auto/White with Aero Kit
Date Ordered: Early June
Approx. Delivery Date: End of July

Approx. Waiting Time: 1 month from order
Dealer Delivery Charge: Being clarified
Total Price: TBA
Customer Service Rating: 9/10

HOHO, you guys see how lucky I am? I ordered it in June, and will get it in July.haha

P.S. The time I went actually there were two car available to choose, one is the GTS auto Black, delivery in end of June, and the another one is the one I ordered, with the Aero Kit....

Nice catch. They only went into very limited production this month. Mine won't be here until the end of the year.

FT-86GOD 06-22-2012 12:57 AM

THE GOOD :happyanim:

GALLERIA TOYOTA ------ Cheapest in W.A....Personally I recommend Pauline... She is a minx who id be DTF.......

THE NOT SO GOOD :fighting0040:
CITY TOYOTA ----- There squeezers but not the worst.....

THE BAD AND UGLY :paddle:

MELVILLE TOYOTA W.A... U HAVE BEEN WARNED!!! WORST IN W.A... DO NOT GO HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Copy and paste from 'what was your drive away price":
2 dealerships later I finally scored the white GTS, manual, floor mats, aero kit, full tank of fuel 12months rego arriving October for

$41,880.. Drive away.. Car will be handed over without being detailed in anyway(no wash, polish, vacuum) with plastics still on seats and vinyl still on roof bonnet and boot...

DONE AND DONE... Happy but big fuk around..

P.S Melville Toyota are a bunch of units and wont budge on price but promise u the world on phone.. In the end they said they would rather say no to me ans sell it to the next person who will pay full RRP... They actually said that.. ****s...

City toyota aint much better, they said it was IMPOSSIBLE to do it for any less than $42,765 and that was not confirmed btw... They priced GTS without aero at $39,865 roughly..

People are willing to win u over... I actually started stessing i wasnt gonna get the car for under $42,000 with aero until i talked to Galleria Toyota.. 1hr drive but well worth it...

sticky 06-22-2012 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FT-86GOD (Post 271935)
MELVILLE TOYOTA W.A... U HAVE BEEN WARNED!!! WORST IN W.A... DO NOT GO HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please do elaborate...There's no point in people saying one is good and another is bad - we need reasons/experiences/prices - otherwise they all look the same.

primetime 06-22-2012 03:00 AM

I'm surprised by quite negative reaction and experiences with Melville Toyota on some of the 86 forums.

I have actually ordered a White 86GTS Auto with them just few days ago - seems to be okay, did not get any discounts or anything but the process went alright - also got update later on that it will be around 4-5 months time (hopefully earlier).

Did not get the aero kit as I had bad experience previously with the Nissan wing on my 350Z (boot lid falls on your head), would like the skirts, but unfortunately it seems they won't separate the components from the Aero kit.

benoh 06-22-2012 07:51 AM

Name of Dealer and Location: Terry Shields Parramatta Fred Tsang/ Warren Hooke
86 Spec: GTS MT Orange
Date Ordered: 16 June
Approx. Delivery Date:Asked for Feb 2013 (Might change to Oct 2012 if possible)
Approx. Waiting Time: 4-8 months
Dealer Delivery Charge: Not Sure
Total Price: $39800
Customer Service Rating: 8/10
Comments: Interacted with many of the guys there, great people. When I hadn't ordered the car yet I felt that there might of have been some gimmicks but overall I was satisfied. He came out with a price of $40100 I think and I stood firm and said I was not paying over $39800 and he fixed everything up for me without questioning. Went back today and had a good chat with the guys, very friendly, providing continued after-order support.
They currently have a white auto GTS and a red Manual GT if I remember correctly, get there quick before its sold though!!

FT-86GOD 06-22-2012 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by primetime (Post 272139)
I'm surprised by quite negative reaction and experiences with Melville Toyota on some of the 86 forums.

I have actually ordered a White 86GTS Auto with them just few days ago - seems to be okay, did not get any discounts or anything but the process went alright - also got update later on that it will be around 4-5 months time (hopefully earlier).

Did not get the aero kit as I had bad experience previously with the Nissan wing on my 350Z (boot lid falls on your head), would like the skirts, but unfortunately it seems they won't separate the components from the Aero kit.

Did u compare ur price to the online which is the MAXIMUM they can charge?... U should have paid no more than $42,624 Driveaway with 12month Rego etc???

I paid less than $42,000 at Galleria with the $3000 Aero Kit included.. However mine was Manual..... Melville wanted $43,xxx and said they would rather make more profit on the next customer coming in than make a good deal with me.... Thats there choice but thats after them calling me assuring me they would beat $42,000 just to have me as there customer because i live so close by only to waste over an hr of my time and tell me they will sucker in the next guy for a higher price..... Plus the manager is a total asshole and was so smug knowing people do want the car..... IMO.....

m0nty 06-22-2012 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FT-86GOD (Post 272419)
Did u compare ur price to the online which is the MAXIMUM they can charge?... U should have paid no more than $42,624 Driveaway with 12month Rego etc???

I paid less than $42,000 at Galleria with the $3000 Aero Kit included.. However mine was Manual..... Melville wanted $43,xxx and said they would rather make money on the next person coming in and lose my sale..

I would too if I'm honest. The car doesn't deserve discounts but good on you for getting a deal.

pr0j 06-22-2012 08:28 AM

Name of Dealer and Location: Sci Fleet Taringa - Sammy
86 Spec: GTS Manual (demo car is SWP)
Date Ordered: not yet
Approx. Delivery Date: -
Approx. Waiting Time: 12 - 14 months, quoted by another sales person, but Sammy said October (I have a feeling she ordered my car months ago on the down low)
Dealer Delivery Charge:
Total Price: $39'300 plus met paint. (if I remember right)
Customer Service Rating: 8/10
Comments: Super helpful, gave me a test drive, She knows I'm serious but cautious as this will be my first new car, and is upfront about everything, only possible downside is that when I queried her about what she could do for me, one of the things she mentioned was floor mats. I let it go, as she also mentioned tinting and a few other things. ** side note, there was another salesperson there making jokes about the car coming back with huge dings / being wrapped around a tree, and then guffawing when noone else laughed. I'm guessing that's Pierre.

FT-86GOD 06-22-2012 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m0nty (Post 272423)
I would too if I'm honest. The car doesn't deserve discounts but good on you for getting a deal.


Im not arguing if it does or does not deserve discount.... Im saying Melville Toyota are charging more than RRP to unsuspecting customers which is illegal!!!!!......

m0nty 06-22-2012 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FT-86GOD (Post 272442)
Im not arguing if it does or does not deserve discount.... Im saying Melville Toyota are charging more than RRP to unsuspecting customers which is illegal!!!!!......

Its not illegal. Its a recommended retail price after all. There may be something in the franchise agreement with Toyota that says they can't charge more than X, but there's nothing illegal about it.

FT-86GOD 06-22-2012 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m0nty (Post 272447)
Its not illegal. Its a recommended retail price after all. There may be something in the franchise agreement with Toyota that says they can't charge more than X, but there's nothing illegal about it.

Whatever.... Im not even gonna bother arguing this with u......

Gir 06-22-2012 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m0nty (Post 272447)
Its not illegal. Its a recommended retail price after all. There may be something in the franchise agreement with Toyota that says they can't charge more than X, but there's nothing illegal about it.

It is illegal to sell a product higher then RRP in Australia. If you try to do a quick price rise on a product, you have to get it approved by the ACCC.

Nostalgia1987 06-22-2012 11:30 AM

Lol I went to Melville Toyota today. Seemed an ok place. However while Scarborough Toyota said a June 2013 wait on the vehicle Melville said December 2012.. Wtf getting a bit confused here.

newft86 06-22-2012 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostalgia1987 (Post 272692)
Lol I went to Melville Toyota today. Seemed an ok place. However while Scarborough Toyota said a June 2013 wait on the vehicle Melville said December 2012.. Wtf getting a bit confused here.

We dealers are starting to be more cautious about the expected delivery times as the last thing we want is a repeat of earlier this month when one day it was all good then a few hours later the production dates all got pushed back without warning - thank heavens for our outstanding Stock Controller otherwise we wouldn't have even known about it. Anyway, the build system still says September Build for October delivery 2012, however, after the previous production shift we're just not precisely 100% certain about the actual production/delivery month for fresh orders at the moment.

Once we receive an update from TMCA (East Coast Distributor) we'll hopefully have a more accurate idea but until then we're being over-cautious.

Nostalgia1987 06-22-2012 11:47 AM

Really appreciate the insight there. We need more people as yourself over here on the west coast also!

primetime 06-22-2012 04:59 PM

Many thanks also to newft86 for the insight.

Although it seems to be that a June 2013 delivery seems waaayyy off for nostalgia1987.

m0nty 06-23-2012 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gir (Post 272532)
It is illegal to sell a product higher then RRP in Australia. If you try to do a quick price rise on a product, you have to get it approved by the ACCC.

That's why we have dealer delivery. It's at the discretion of the dealer, unless part of the franchise agreement. Dealer delivery is not bound by law.

Z86 07-05-2012 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FT-86GOD (Post 271935)

MELVILLE TOYOTA W.A... U HAVE BEEN WARNED!!! WORST IN W.A... DO NOT GO HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want to necro this thread (is 10 days a necro?). I didn't want to post sooner as I felt like I'd jinx myself.

I want to back up how bad my experience at Melville Toyota was. I preordered with them at the start of May. I was very specific about wanting early delivery and asked if I'd get one in the first batch - and was clear that I'm happy to shop around to get one early (at the time, the east coast dealers had July delivery cars available). They told me they could do that - but I'd have to have a manual GTS, I couldn't have an Auto.
I proceeded to follow them up 3 times between ordering and the date the pricing was released, and was again assured I was getting a car in July.
Once pricing was released I asked how far away my car was - it was June so if the car was coming in July it must be scheduled for production - and heaps of you guys had tracking numbers (which we don't get in WA). The next day I get a call the I'll have a car in Sept/Oct.
Not only did I feel like they told me what I wanted to get me to sign up, they misled me many times when I enquired... and when they finally told me how long the wait was going to be, they tried to tell me that they didn't say July. Well they certainly didn't say anything to make me think the wait would be so long. To their credit, they did offer to let me out of the contract.

Z86 07-05-2012 02:30 AM

On the positive side - Great Southern Toyota (in Katanning)!
These guys went above and beyond (Wes Bond was the sales manager I dealt with).

Great communication - Even sent me photos of the car after they prepped it even though I was picking it up the next day. Was really a great buying experience given it was all over the phone/email.

Not only did they have a car for me (which to be honest was pure luck that I logged onto carsales when I did), they offered to either deliver it to Perth - or I could pick it up from Katanning (3 hours south). I decided to pick it up - would be a great first drive to start the run in process.

They then organised a car for me to drive to Katanning (one they had sitting in Perth - I'm guessing they bought wholesale - it was only a couple of years old), and said if it needs fuel, fill it up and we'll reimburse you.

Really were great - they have a couple of cars due soon that are not sold - because Toyota is just allocating random cars out, so if you are on a long queue in WA, give Wes a call (08)98217100.

FT-86GOD 07-05-2012 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Z86 (Post 296920)
I want to necro this thread (is 10 days a necro?). I didn't want to post sooner as I felt like I'd jinx myself.

I want to back up how bad my experience at Melville Toyota was. I preordered with them at the start of May. I was very specific about wanting early delivery and asked if I'd get one in the first batch - and was clear that I'm happy to shop around to get one early (at the time, the east coast dealers had July delivery cars available). They told me they could do that - but I'd have to have a manual GTS, I couldn't have an Auto.
I proceeded to follow them up 3 times between ordering and the date the pricing was released, and was again assured I was getting a car in July.
Once pricing was released I asked how far away my car was - it was June so if the car was coming in July it must be scheduled for production - and heaps of you guys had tracking numbers (which we don't get in WA). The next day I get a call the I'll have a car in Sept/Oct.
Not only did I feel like they told me what I wanted to get me to sign up, they misled me many times when I enquired... and when they finally told me how long the wait was going to be, they tried to tell me that they didn't say July. Well they certainly didn't say anything to make me think the wait would be so long. To their credit, they did offer to let me out of the contract.


MELVILLLE TOYOTA.... OW WHAT A FEELING....... IN THE ASS

Not surprised at all.............. Who did u deal with from Melville btw? Pays to shop around boys, or just avoid Melville..............

pr0j 07-05-2012 09:26 AM

Name of Dealer and Location: Llewellyn Toyota Ipswich (Robbie)
86 Spec: white auto gts and orange manual gt
Date Ordered:
Approx. Delivery Date:
Approx. Waiting Time:
Dealer Delivery Charge:
Total Price: not telling, but very good ;)
Customer Service Rating: 9
Comments: Really nice dude, was a bit of a wait to see him as he was flat out the day I went down there, but it's a good sign if he's in demand. Genuinely excited about the car, and ready to help in whatever way he can to get you into it. Still waiting on that call from the finance dept, mate ;P

Gir 07-05-2012 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m0nty (Post 274261)
That's why we have dealer delivery. It's at the discretion of the dealer, unless part of the franchise agreement. Dealer delivery is not bound by law.

It is if the website advertises a maximum dealer delivery charge. Basically it's illegal to exceed the advertised price of a product.

ChocolateNick 07-06-2012 02:58 AM

The Bad:
FERNTREE GULLY Toyota
Contract price $2000 above price on website.
Offered $17000 trade in on a car I later sold for $25000.
Took my deposit quite happily with the promise to secure me a car in the 1st shipment. I believe the salesman was acting under the instructions of the sales manager so I wont name him personally. Others have since told me of similarly bad experiences buying other cars from that dealership. If you live in Melbourne avoid FERNTREE GULLY TOYOTA.

click_lenny 07-06-2012 12:04 PM

Not sure this is gd or bad......u tell me.

Order my 86 GTS MT from Sydney city Toyota, not the one from Waterloo. took the sales person 1 months to finally set up the online tracking thing for me, after i email him, call him, txt him, mms him and went down there personally.

Been waiting for him to buzz me for test drive but waited n waited and finally i got a test drive, by my own afford to call them up to found out the car arrive that morning, short n shity test drive in the city, speed limit is 50 as u can imagine......

He promise me another test drive at west link high way 2 weeks after that but never rang me back.......rang him on the pass Tuesday to arrange a test drive for MT on Friday as the 1st super short test drive is AT, he said call me back when he arrange it, as usual, never rang me bck.

Got the news over forum that 86 was scheduled to production in September will be another month delayed, no news from my sales person again ......

Man, i don't know what to say, i fed up with his NO SERVICE AT ALL !!!!! 1st time buy brand new car and yet so shitty service from Toyota......if it is not 86, i would have been gone to other car......F**K!!!!

sticky 07-07-2012 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by click_lenny (Post 299558)
Not sure this is gd or bad......u tell me.

Sounds pretty bad to me. I had to hassle my dealer a bit get tracking info and a test drive but it only took him a week or two to deliver.

spr1nter 07-07-2012 05:55 AM

Name of Dealer and Location: Hinterland Toyota Robina
86 Spec: GTS/Manual/Tornado Grey
Date Ordered: 30/06/12
Approx. Delivery Date: Currently Nov (may change but at least I’m informed and not getting BS)
Approx. Waiting Time: 4-5 months
Dealer Delivery Charge: -
Total Price: ~39k
Customer Service Rating: 9.5/10
Comments: I live in Brisbane and was having a frustrating time dealing with most of the dealerships in my immediate vicinity. Two of the dealers seemed to have the mentality that I should be putting down a deposit just for the right to talk to them regarding the 86 which they knew next to nothing about. I even had one try to sell me a Corolla ZR Hatch on the basis “there is no wait and it has almost as much torque and is more practical”. . . . I’m not buying an 86 to be practical and the wait is not too big of an issue. Anyway I was looking at carsales and noticed a Tornado Grey manual GTS up at Hinterland Toyota Robina. I sent an email enquiry and was called within 10 minutes. I was called by John LeMaitre and we had a quick chat. I had yet to test drive an 86 at that stage and wasn’t willing to commit prior to test driving. There was no push from John however he did tell me that it will most likely be gone by the time I call him back. Anyhow the misses and I test drove and LOVED it so we wanted to place an order. I rang John back to see if the car had gone and of course it had. John and I then talked for a further 20-30min. John was extremely knowledgeable and an obvious enthusiast. He has ordered himself (legitimately with no queue jumping) a red 86 due to arrive around the same time as mine. He also has on order a TRD rear spoiler. Still no sales pressure just a good honest chat on what turned out to be his day off! That Saturday torn between ordering locally or down at Robina we choose to deal with John. Although he is out of the way for us he was the first genuine enthusiast we dealt with and the service since has been first class! THANKS JOHN!! Will have to organise a cruise when they come through :bellyroll:

AUmarvin 07-13-2012 09:31 PM

Can back up every good report on Andrew Smith at Peter Warren. Had a test drive yesterday. So refreshing to talk to a no pressure, straight up car salesman.

Cannot say the same of my experience at Rockdale Toyota. Gouging and pressure, walked out.

w arghh x 07-13-2012 09:47 PM

Scarborough Toyota in Osborne park.

Been dealing with Taria there and it's honestly been one of the best dealership experiences I've come across!
I have bought a new model car from Mitsubishi (got stung there), Ford (car was damaged new and repairs were shocking to say the least!) and finally Holden (who took money, delivered a damaged car and wouldn't repair it!!) and had nothing but bad experiences.

Taria has been very upfront, very quick with replies to emails and gone out of her way to provide info and help out.

Would recommend!

BRAWL 07-13-2012 10:08 PM

So far so good with Prosser Toyota at Canning Vale. My salesman Michael was very helpful and he even brought out a manual to my house (having only test driven the auto) to make sure I could use the clutch pedal with no dramas as I am 6'6" (198cm) tall.

I have contacted him a couple of times with minor questions. opefully I get a concrete(ish) delivery date soon

Blue86 07-13-2012 10:59 PM

Picked up my Sonic Blue GT yesterday!

Put a deposit on it in probably April or around then.

Bought it from Nunawading Toyota in Melbourne from a salesman named Ben Coleman. He was great! Very friendly and notified me of the progress of the car all along the way (including it's "birth" day). I paid the normal price which was fine (just happy to get the car!).

He gave me a great little run down of all the features (basic little things like turning on gear indicator on the dash etc), hooked up my phone through the bluetooth stereo etc etc before I drove off.

Overall it was a 10/10 experience and the first new car I've ever bought. A guy in my street was asking about the car yesterday and it turned out by coincidence he had bought a Kluger 4wd from the same salesman at the same dealership 2 weeks before.

I don't know how easy an experience it would be getting a car now with production limitations and all of that stuff and we have to realise that when a dealer promises we will get a car by a certain time they are only going off the best info they have at the time as to their stock allocation expectations.

The 86 is not a corolla or similar mass produced car and I think that's the issue with stock.

Either way, I'm happy and have no hesitation getting my servicing done at Nunawading after the great service I got.

I'll get some photos of my car up next week when some interesting rims get put on it :thumbsup:


(don't worry... they won't be spinning or chrome)

Z86 07-13-2012 11:41 PM

Grats on your new car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue86 (Post 314427)

... we have to realise that when a dealer promises we will get a car by a certain time they are only going off the best info they have at the time as to their stock allocation expectations.

I'll respectfully disagree with you on that. Some dealers lie to your face, just wanting to have you sign on the bottom line, hoping that you'll hang around, or that they might get lucky with extra stock or a swap.
But I am glad you had a great experience with your dealer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue86 (Post 314427)
I'll get some photos of my car up next week when some interesting rims get put on it :thumbsup:


(don't worry... they won't be spinning or chrome)

Damn, I wanted to see who would be first with some spinning chrome lol

Blue86 07-14-2012 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Z86 (Post 314487)
Grats on your new car.



I'll respectfully disagree with you on that. Some dealers lie to your face, just wanting to have you sign on the bottom line, hoping that you'll hang around, or that they might get lucky with extra stock or a swap.
But I am glad you had a great experience with your dealer.



Damn, I wanted to see who would be first with some spinning chrome
lol

Fair point... obviously I meant that assuming they aren't telling lies..

spinning chrome hey.... hmm better return my light weight 17s :bonk:

drow 07-26-2012 12:07 AM

Hey guys just wanted to share my story on FTG Toyota as my experience was actually good.

I went in there on the 3rd July to test drive a car walked out with a deposit down on a GT Manual. Changed my mind a couple of days later and ordered a GTS with Aero kit (no worries about changing the order happily changed it over)

After i had signed the paper work and paid the deposit my salesman continued to be very helpful - ringing me up when they had a manual in stock so i could come and test drive a manual (id only driven an auto at this point) - then ringing me once a week to let me know how the order was going.

Then on the 19th July he rang me to tell me finance had fallen through on a GTS manual without the aero kit but in black - i could have it in the next week if i wanted it. I told him id take it if i could pick it up on the saturday (2 days away from the call). He agreed and im now the happy owner of a Black gts manual (ok its not red but i still love it and i think id be waiting for 6+ months for a red one)

Now the dealer only charged me $1895 Dealer Delivery not over $2k like ive seen in another post. I am not saying that is not what the other member was charged -- simply stating that is not my experience.

Just thought id post my experience,, the price i paid was high 39k not as cheap as some of the posts ive seen on this forum but i kind of seem to forget that every time i start the car ;P
I dealt with a Sales man named Igor -- and all i can say is i found him very helpful (even after id signed the paperwork which i found surprising :P)

Sutty 07-28-2012 12:27 AM

Name of Dealer Ingham Toyota - Tony Lahtinen
86 Spec GTS AT Sonic Blue
Date ordered 21/7/12
Approx Delivery Date 28 August 2012
Wait time Nil - already In Production when I bought it.:thumbup:
Dealer delivery charge $1644
Total Price $41.8k
Customer Service Rating 9/10
Comments I found Tony to be very helpful. I rang him on Friday looking for a car, none in stock but he did go to the effort of looking in their incoming stock list and found the GTS AT available. Told him that I was definitely interested but couldn't do anything until I had confirmed that I could get my deposit back on my other GTS that I had on order, which would take at least a day as the deealership was closed for public holiday. He was more than understanding and told me to to ring him on Saturday and let him know if the deal could go ahead. Managed to get my original deposit back and rang him on the Sat morning, thinking that the car would definitely have been sold by then and surprisingly he had 'reserved it' on the off chance that I would get my other deposit back. Tony was also willing to go into work on the Saturday ( his day off) to draw up the contracts etc and take my deposit. He was very honest too about all the paint protection/tinting etc and when I told him what I had sourced locally he said there was no way they could get close to that price and didn't try to push it on me. Excellent service, well worth ringing.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:25 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.