Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   FT86...grub? (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88691)

OnkelC 05-20-2015 02:28 PM

FT86...grub?
 
why not a thread about food and cooking for a change?

The wife and I went full Toast Hawaii tonite!
Double Tilsit:
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...1A526C8B50.jpg

Uh-merican Cheez (the original)
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...523AECB72F.jpg

SING ALONG!
[ame]http://youtu.be/DHHAR1S_eKA[/ame]



Origins of this legendary dish can be found here:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=338

Share yours!

gramicci101 05-20-2015 02:31 PM

Props for using real cheese. American cheese is just flavored plastic.

So this is cheese on a pineapple ring on a slice of ham on toast?

Tcoat 05-20-2015 02:31 PM

Said you needed to do a thread a long time ago!
Still haven't got to try the jagerschnitzel recipe though since my wife flat out refuses to try it (I will cook not her) so am waiting until the son in law is over since he will enjoy it.

gramicci101 05-20-2015 02:37 PM

Here's my submission.

White chocolate cheesecake with raspberry gelée topping and white chocolate crumbles.

http://i.imgur.com/BSWaH4f.jpg

brianhj 05-20-2015 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gramicci101 (Post 2256211)
Props for using real cheese. American cheese is just flavored plastic.

But it's delicious

OnkelC 05-20-2015 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gramicci101 (Post 2256211)
Props for using real cheese. American cheese is just flavored plastic.

So this is cheese on a pineapple ring on a slice of ham on toast?

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...A0C0FD1C2B.jpg

gramicci101 05-20-2015 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnkelC (Post 2256244)

That looks good; I'll have to try it.

For a second I saw your pics not as steps to completion but as the entire thing broken down, with multiple layers of bread and butter and ham, all topped with pineapple and cheese. I might have to try that too.

OnkelC 05-20-2015 02:52 PM

or just watch teh video, for gods sake.

snow 05-20-2015 03:18 PM

dang is it dinner time yet?

Ultramaroon 05-21-2015 02:32 AM

Yaay! OnkelC's Magical Food Thread!

cdrazic93 05-21-2015 03:13 AM

What is this...instagram?

Krazy 05-21-2015 04:06 AM

Subed

OnkelC 05-23-2015 03:25 PM

Tried another recipe for Tagliatelle al Ragù, coming close to my personal ideal for that dish :)
This time, I took the "official" recipe from the Italian Academy of Cuisine as a starting point (white wine, butter) :
very subtle yet meaty taste.
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...68A4506A2A.jpg
prep pics tomorrow if there is interest.

Source for recipe:
http://www.accademiaitalianacucina.i...alla-bolognese

Ultramaroon 05-23-2015 06:08 PM

große Interesse, mein Freund

WhiteFRS69 05-23-2015 07:14 PM

love love love me some Taylor ham, egg and cheese on an everything bagel

yum!!!

http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/y...psdzokswyg.jpg



my favorite meal would deff have to be Chicken Parm! and its gonna sound weird, but im obsessed with my local pizza place Chicken Parm! its a hole in the wall, but the food is to die for!



fun fact. my brother used to be an executive chef for Emeril Lagasse and Wolfgang puck,

OnkelC 05-24-2015 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultramaroon (Post 2260113)
große Interesse, mein Freund

Thank you! :)
Prep was easy, but takes some time. started around 6PM yesterday with the following ingredients:
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...2CC94743AF.jpg

500gr. mixed ground beef and pork
400ml strong beef and/or chicken stock
a glass of white wine
a small glass of milk
handful of carrots
two celery stalks
one onion
250 grams tomato purree
bit of triple concentrated tomato paste
copious amount of butter

pasta of choice (Tagliatelle for the real deal)

first, cube celery, carrot and onions really fine:
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...C39B900B67.jpg

heat half of the copious amount of butter in a skillet, sautee the onion cubes at medium heat until they become a bit glassy, then add carrot and celery cubes, sautee for a few minutes while stirring occasionally:
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...B6CE2FEA2E.jpg
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...CA757C7512.jpg

set them aside for later use:
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...07334D8A13.jpg

heat other half of copious amount of butter in the (still at medium heat!) skillet, add the meat:
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...A6CA65EC6A.jpg

assist cat while cleaning the butter wrapper:
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...0E585A7028.jpg

Key is to leave the meat alone for most of the time, just break it up loosely in the skillet and let heat and time do the job. As you can see in the pictures, I didn't interfere much with the meat while browning:
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...F98AAA7BFC.jpg

When the juices of the meat have evaporated, re-add the veggie mix and stir fry for a minute or so:
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...6ECF9026DB.jpg


Now, add the white wine and let it braise until 2/3 of it has evaporated, this will keep the fruitful wine note while removing its acidity:
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...126E93DCC8.jpg

then add the stock and tomato paste as well as the tomato puree:
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...6E1CBA03DB.jpg
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...D1FE3DCE3E.jpg


Now let it stew for a couple of minutes at low to medium heat. Best leave it alone for that time and do the mise-en-place instead:
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...8A6244E266.jpg
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...0D4B2C7735.jpg
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...AB554F1DBD.jpg
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...A49CEBBD22.jpg

about 5 minutes before serving, stir in the milk, gives it a really nice texture:
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...4B3C8FBB78.jpg
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...4FEDE8C283.jpg
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...C5F1E310D7.jpg

DONE!
Serve over fresh pasta, grate some Parmesan over it and enjoy! :)
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...09438336A9.jpg


Bonus pic:
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...733AB6391C.jpg

:)

ichitaka05 05-24-2015 12:17 PM

Oh~~~~~

Ppl don't call me fat Japanese for nothing! I have over 500 pics of food in my phone lol

I'll post some later

gramicci101 05-24-2015 01:20 PM

Tomato paste in a tube instead of an irritating little can. What an awesome idea.

Your tagliatelle looks wonderful; I'm going to have to try making that.

OnkelC 05-24-2015 02:12 PM

interesting, tomato paste in those cans is the rare exception in local stores; these tubes as pictured below are the common standard here:
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...E43A4091A6.jpg

Ultramaroon 05-24-2015 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnkelC (Post 2260694)
interesting, tomato paste in those cans is the rare exception in local stores; these tubes as pictured below are the common standard here:

Another example of an excellent standard the U.S. has yet to adopt. Less waste.

I will make Tagliatelle al Ragù tomorrow evening and post evidence. We have a steak to burn tonight. Ooo. I'll do pics of that too.

Ultramaroon 05-25-2015 11:37 PM

I picked the wrong camera for the photos.. For more appetizing pictures please refer to OnkelC's post. :D

10/10 will make and serve Tagliatelle al Ragù to friends! Excellent balanced comfort food! Mrs. Ultra strongly approves. Thank you, OnkelC.

http://i.imgur.com/txcfreZ.png

Hey, lookee what I found!

http://i.imgur.com/Ygh6OWU.png

http://i.imgur.com/KX2zgeD.png

Ultramaroon 05-25-2015 11:42 PM

killed the bottle

http://i.imgur.com/MMdKtsb.png

OnkelC 05-26-2015 03:25 PM

That looks really good! thanks for sharing.

OnkelC 05-26-2015 04:41 PM

couple restaurant pics from the last two weeks:
Grilled goat cheese on salad, bolognese
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...696EBE3EE7.jpg
Fried Halloumi on salad:
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...5FAE5ACAB4.jpg

Ultramaroon 05-26-2015 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnkelC (Post 2263034)
couple restaurant pics from the last two weeks:

What is in the beer?

MokSpeed 05-26-2015 05:55 PM

Real Hawaiians would've used Spam.

Andrew025 05-26-2015 11:22 PM

I make this tangy creamy (like a vodka sauce) spaghetti as well as bolognese a lot since you can get a bunch if veggies in it without anyone knowing... And my daughter usually eats the shit out of it.
#piggybowl
#instahipster
http://i.imgur.com/jMeWT8u.jpg



I also made some raspberry ice cream...
http://i.imgur.com/C5zz6dU.jpg

OnkelC 05-27-2015 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultramaroon (Post 2263113)
What is in the beer?

It's just a beer glass, drink was apple spritzer with mint leaves.

Ultramaroon 05-27-2015 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnkelC (Post 2263642)
It's just a beer glass, drink was apple spritzer with mint leaves.

Oh, that sounds really good.

gramicci101 05-27-2015 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultramaroon (Post 2263957)
Oh, that sounds really good.

The internet tells me it's equal parts apple juice and carbonated mineral water.
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Internet
Apfelschorle is a simple, refreshing beverage made of equal parts apple juice and carbonated mineral water. Delicious and thirst-quenching! For variation you can mix equal parts Apfelschorle with white wine for a "Weinschorle", with beer for a "Apfel Berliner Weisse", or mix the apple juice with sparkling lemonade for a "Susser Schorle". Garnish with a slice of fresh lemon. Very popular in Germany and Europe.


Ultramaroon 05-27-2015 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gramicci101 (Post 2263973)
The internet tells me it's equal parts apple juice and carbonated mineral water.

How does the internet know so much about everything?

srizzors25 05-27-2015 12:26 PM

I can attest to @OnkelC 's Bolognese being good. made it right after I saw him post it the first time. So damn good. Simple, easy and delicous. Best combo

I don't have pictures of the food I've made! I'll have to remember for the next time.

One everyone seems to like so far is Chili Lime shrimp with Black bean mango salsa over brown rice. Healthy and delicious. Recieved nothing but compliments so far haha

Also love the idea of this thread. I need recipes so this is good. Not great and being creative lol

OnkelC 05-27-2015 02:49 PM

simple dinner tonight:
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...raw800x600.jpg
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...raw800x600.jpg
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...raw800x600.jpg
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...raw800x600.jpg
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strammer_Max

Koa 05-27-2015 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnkelC (Post 2256208)
why not a thread about food and cooking for a change?

The wife and I went full Toast Hawaii tonite!
Double Tilsit:
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...1A526C8B50.jpg

Uh-merican Cheez (the original)
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...523AECB72F.jpg

SING ALONG!
http://youtu.be/DHHAR1S_eKA



Origins of this legendary dish can be found here:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=338

Share yours!

in hawai'i we don't eat that brah

ich wohne in die mainland, aber ich komme aus oahu

OnkelC 05-27-2015 02:59 PM

it's a german post-WW2 invention, the name stems from the desire of the population to visit exotic places. so if not in person, it's via the Ananas ;)
I did a writeup on this dish and its inventor, the first TV chef in Germany, a couple of years ago, can be found here:
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=%...&postcount=338

Koa 05-27-2015 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnkelC (Post 2264267)
it's a german post-WW2 invention, the name stems from the desire of the population to visit exotic places. so if not in person, it's via the Ananas ;)
I did a writeup on this dish and its inventor, the first TV chef in Germany, a couple of years ago, can be found here:
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=%...&postcount=338

I didn't know that, danke Onkel!

cdrazic93 05-27-2015 07:44 PM

so do you build your houses out of poi Koa? Not sure if i told you this but my sisters dog is named Koa....lol

cdrazic93 05-28-2015 01:53 PM

Eating a roasted turkey, cranberry & provalone with tomato and creme cheese on focaccia bread. mm.

Koa 05-28-2015 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdrazic93 (Post 2264603)
so do you build your houses out of poi Koa? Not sure if i told you this but my sisters dog is named Koa....lol

hahaha no.. most of the Hawaiian state's citizens are of pan-Asian or Anglo-American descent. I believe less than 1% are true Polynesians, less than 5% mixed blood majority polys. I'm of a hybrid- hapa haole, or "half white"

:)

Packofcrows 05-30-2015 07:24 PM

food.... yum. I'm on a 1200-1500 carb diet though,so no eating out.

Yesterday made this:

Mexican beef and pork mix meatballs in broth aka Caldo de Albondigas.

http://cdn2.cocinaycomparte.com/publ...cipe858img.jpg


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:46 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.