Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   The how many Camrys did you see on the way to work thread (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88303)

tyrantcf 05-13-2015 07:55 PM

The how many Camrys did you see on the way to work thread
 
After a comment made by @Shutter, I got to thinking about just how many of these damn things are really in our cities.


I noticed 6 or 7 during my 20 minute commute this morning.

continuecrushing 05-13-2015 08:13 PM

hahahahaha this is awesome.

Whats funny is that since they're so bland, you probably miss a bunch and don't even realize

tyrantcf 05-13-2015 08:20 PM

Exactly! So now I've planted it in your mind, I think you'll see like 47 tomorrow.

Tcoat 05-13-2015 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shutter (Post 2248501)
hahahahaha this is awesome.

Whats funny is that since they're so bland, you probably miss a bunch and don't even realize

One or two.
But ... I did make a mental note of counting how many Darts I saw because there were 3 in a row in front of me in the drive through. The grand total for the 45 minute one way drive was 18.
Not sure if they are giving them away in cereal, they are dirt cheap or I really missed something special when I test drove one but they are starting to rival Mustangs in numbers.

continuecrushing 05-13-2015 08:44 PM

although the nasty prius takes the cake for most cars on the road. When commuting on my bike I probably see about 200 over a 50 mile stretch.

At least here anyway. We like to pretend that we care about the environment.

TylerLieberman 05-13-2015 10:12 PM

In b4 somebody makes the joke saying they thought they saw a Camry but it was actually a '15 wrx/sti

df.dima 05-13-2015 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TylerLieberman (Post 2248641)
In b4 somebody makes the joke saying they thought they saw a Camry but it was actually a '15 wrx/sti

I thought it would be Corolla? :scared0016:

sprintertrueno86 05-13-2015 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrantcf (Post 2248474)
I noticed 6 or 7 during my 20 minute commute this morning.





....there's like 7 around my block.

DAEMANO 05-13-2015 11:21 PM

Sad thing is, in SoCal Orange County there are probably as many BMWs on the road as Camrys or Prii. There are so many damn BMWs that they're nearly invisible. I wonder if BMW drivers know this?

5thGenOwner 05-13-2015 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shutter (Post 2248535)
although the nasty prius takes the cake for most cars on the road. When commuting on my bike I probably see about 200 over a 50 mile stretch.

At least here anyway. We like to pretend that we care about the environment.



Indeed! If I were to kill a kitten for every bad prius driver on the road... kittens would be extinct. I've honestly never seen a good prius driver.

soulreapersteve 05-13-2015 11:32 PM

I see probably 3 or 4 every day in the morning. I do see at least 1 Corolla every single day... I do own one haha

But the number of Priuses/Prii/whatever overwhelmingly outnumber any other car I see on a daily basis. After that, it would be those little Smart cars, then F-150's.

Ultramaroon 05-14-2015 12:32 AM

There's one in my driveway.

Tcoat 05-14-2015 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultramaroon (Post 2248797)
There's one in my driveway.

????????


http://a38898d4011a160a051fb191.gear...682.jpg?e1be4f




http://a38898d4011a160a051fb191.gear...680.jpg?e1be4f

Ultramaroon 05-14-2015 12:50 AM

lol

Fucking soulless piece of shit...

edeekeos 05-14-2015 01:45 AM

I seen roughly 170 Camry's today. That was our build out.

..Yeah.. I build the fuckers..

tennisfreak 05-14-2015 10:09 AM

There are plenty of Camrys floating around here but the last 3 years I've noticed a declining trend in how many I see.

Now I see a much more diverse soccer mom car population floating around.

There are A LOT of Kia Optima rolling around and I can only assume a percentage of those are would be Camry owners if the Optima had not come up so much in quality, design, and popularity.

PHLonomenal 05-14-2015 10:17 AM

There are so many goddamn Camry's out there that I don't even notice anymore until they inevitably start driving stupidly. The vehicle I'm starting to notice now is the Honda CR-V. Dear lord, how many of these things did they make...Between that and the Accord, Honda has got to be printing money. Not just soccer moms have them either. They are literally EVERYWHERE in Philly.


Sent from my StarTrek communicator using Tapatalk

2016 Camaro SS 05-14-2015 04:17 PM

Hey, I like the Corolla for a daily driver. :(

Surprisingly the Corolla and Camry have the same legroom almost with the Corolla having slightly more. The Camry is just better at fitting wider people, lol.

I agree though, both cars are very main stream but when it comes down to it, these cars go 200,000 miles with very little maintenance. Hard to turn down when all you care about is getting from Point A to Point B safely and efficiently.

I've personally been keeping an eye on Mazda lately with the whole Skyactiv series and moving all operations back to Japan away from Ford. I'm eager to see how reliable they are after all the reviews that have come in on the Mazda 3. Plus after test driving the Mazda 3, it's a fun little car loaded with options.

Quentin 05-14-2015 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5thGenOwner (Post 2248708)
Indeed! If I were to kill a kitten for every bad prius driver on the road... kittens would be extinct. I've honestly never seen a good prius driver.


I had a Prius v before my FR-S. I'm much more of an assbag menace on the road in my FR-S than I ever was in my Prius.


Sent from Tandy 400

5thGenOwner 05-14-2015 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quentin (Post 2250056)
I had a Prius v before my FR-S. I'm much more of an assbag menace on the road in my FR-S than I ever was in my Prius.


Sent from Tandy 400


At least in the FR-S, I know you are going to be able to take that turn at 60 mph. I don't think many prius owners know/comprehend the laws of physics.

Tcoat 05-14-2015 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quentin (Post 2250056)
I had a Prius v before my FR-S. I'm much more of an assbag menace on the road in my FR-S than I ever was in my Prius.


Sent from Tandy 400

Ahhh but assbag and bad are not the same thing. Unless of course you are a bad assbag driver and then you are a menace.

ButeraFRS 05-15-2015 07:40 AM

In the Greater Toronto area, i think the amount of CRVs on the road out number the camry on a 900 to 1 ratio

Quentin 05-15-2015 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tcoat (Post 2250086)
Ahhh but assbag and bad are not the same thing. Unless of course you are a bad assbag driver and then you are a menace.


I doubt the law would care if my car can take a corner at 55mph when the posted speed limit is 40mph. It isn't necessarily bad skill wise, but it reduces ability to react should a deer jump out in front of me or something like that.


Sent from Tandy 400

Talus1 05-15-2015 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ButeraFRS (Post 2250354)
In the Greater Toronto area, i think the amount of CRVs on the road out number the camry on a 900 to 1 ratio

Here in London its probably Hyundai Santa Fes instead of CRVs.

Ultramaroon 05-15-2015 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quentin (Post 2250436)
I doubt the law would care if my car can take a corner at 55mph when the posted speed limit is 40mph. It isn't necessarily bad skill wise, but it reduces ability to react should a deer jump out in front of me or something like that.


Sent from Tandy 400

Either way, stay cool and if you have to, hit that fucker dead-on. Deal with the consequences after you've safely come to a stop.

Ultramaroon 05-15-2015 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tcoat (Post 2250086)
Ahhh but assbag and bad are not the same thing. Unless of course you are a bad assbag driver and then you are a menace.

No joke. I find this somewhat profound.

Packofcrows 05-16-2015 12:10 PM

1 camry for every 5 corollas.

5 corollas for every 20 civics.

I see approx 1 camry, up to 5 if on highway.

rucfj159 05-16-2015 04:44 PM

i live about 1.5 miles from work and i see about 5 camry's, there are also 2 brz's.

alan.chalkley 05-16-2015 06:19 PM

I have two camrys and a corolla for daily use drives for my family to use.
They are both reliably boring and boringly reliable.
About as much fun as using a lawnmower.

dan_k 05-17-2015 11:53 AM

As stated, I think the Camrys get overlooked so I wouldn't know. Perhaps with the new facia, we could notice more.

I actually have been seeing a lot of the Prius (Prii?). At one point on yesterday's drive, I was surrounded by 6 of them. Like a Prius gang that surrounded me, haha.

Quentin 05-17-2015 01:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by dan_k (Post 2252469)
As stated, I think the Camrys get overlooked so I wouldn't know. Perhaps with the new facia, we could notice more.



I actually have been seeing a lot of the Prius (Prii?). At one point on yesterday's drive, I was surrounded by 6 of them. Like a Prius gang that surrounded me, haha.


We drove our Prius v out to Cali last fall. I was amazed at how ubiquitous they were there. But, getting over 45mpg in San Diego makes it pretty clear why they are popular. Almost all of the taxis in SD were the v model like we had. Amazingly spacious, efficient, and practical (especially after I put a hitch in it).

Attachment 109820


Sent from Tandy 400

dan_k 05-17-2015 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quentin (Post 2252540)
We drove our Prius v out to Cali last fall. I was amazed at how ubiquitous they were there. But, getting over 45mpg in San Diego makes it pretty clear why they are popular. Almost all of the taxis in SD were the v model like we had. Amazingly spacious, efficient, and practical (especially after I put a hitch in it).

Attachment 109820


Sent from Tandy 400

The bay area is pretty filled with them (Prius) too.

Off topic: Is that a 29"? How does it ride? Debating on 29" or 27.5".

Quentin 05-17-2015 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dan_k (Post 2252621)
The bay area is pretty filled with them (Prius) too.

Off topic: Is that a 29"? How does it ride? Debating on 29" or 27.5".


2012 Cannondale Scalpel 29er Carbon 1. It is my 2nd 29er. My first was a hardtail which I actually still really love. If I hadn't gotten such a crazy deal on the scalpel, I'd probably still be riding my hardtail. If you are a medium or bigger, the 29er rides really nice. At 5'8", I'd say I'm right at the cutoff for too small for a 29er due to wheel/toe overlap. They really bomb over rocky sections where my FS 26" scalpel could get tied up sometimes. My advice is to find a demo day.


Sent from Tandy 400

GhostRai 05-18-2015 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TylerLieberman (Post 2248641)
In b4 somebody makes the joke saying they thought they saw a Camry but it was actually a '15 wrx/sti

I saw a older model Hyundai Elantra with custom wheels (only the back as the front was hidden by a tree) and I thought it was a 15' STI... I thought it was weird that a construction worker would have a STI and then I got closer and realized it wasn't one.

rlpaul 05-19-2015 02:23 PM

0. What do I win?

tyrantcf 05-19-2015 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rlpaul (Post 2254884)
0. What do I win?

Must not have looked hard enough!

Dave-ROR 05-19-2015 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shutter (Post 2248501)
hahahahaha this is awesome.

Whats funny is that since they're so bland, you probably miss a bunch and don't even realize



Yeah as far as I know I saw absolutely zero. Same with Accords, Maximas (they still make those I think?), whatever that thing under the Maxima that starts with an A is, etc.


I have been to the shitter exactly 6...

Dave-ROR 05-19-2015 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave-ROR (Post 2255129)
Yeah as far as I know I saw absolutely zero. Same with Accords, Maximas (they still make those I think?), whatever that thing under the Maxima that starts with an A is, etc.


I have been to the shitter exactly 6...



... 7 times since eating some bad chipotle for lunch though.

Tcoat 05-19-2015 06:10 PM

http://media3.giphy.com/media/JEWCNWQ4NTeJa/giphy.gif
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave-ROR (Post 2255137)
... 7 times since eating some bad chipotle for lunch though.


superpenguin 05-19-2015 06:12 PM

Every time I leave the house I see at least 3 other 86s, for what it's worth. The other day 4 of us were lined up on the freeway.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.