Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Engine, Exhaust, Bolt-Ons (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   FS: FBM Base kit w/2871r - No Manifold/BOV - SOLD (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86632)

Travisty75 04-13-2015 05:31 PM

FS: FBM Base kit w/2871r - No Manifold/BOV - SOLD
 
Hey guys. I bought this kit from Sterz almost 6 months ago, went to fit it to my car about 4 months later and the manifold didn't fit. I sent it off to FBM and LJ told me that "someone modified this header and we can't warranty that work." Understandable. He suggested I shitcan the manifold and just buy a new one, but I figured that I'd be able to make my own and utilize the parts from this kit.

Well, fast-forward two months and I've built my own kit and won't be utilizing anything from this base kit other than the turbo or the FMIC, so I figured I'd sell the kit and just buy a different turbo/FMIC.

Now, I realize this kit isn't going to be that desirable for basically anyone, but it's of literally no use to me. Make me an offer and let's get this thing sold.

What DOES come in the kit:
FBM Base Intercooler Piping
FBM Base Intercooler - Dinged during shipping, but where it's hit lies behind the bumper beam/out of flow anyways. I pressure tested the intercooler to 50psi, way more than you'll ever efficiently pump through this thing and there are no issues.
Water lines - They're damaged. Arrived that way, need to be replaced. The fittings should still function, just the rubber hose that needs to be replaced.
Oil return
Garrett GT2871r turbo - Looks like it's in excellent condition, but two of the fins have marks on them (marked by the previous owner with a Sharpie). It worked just fine and won't cause issues.
FBM Base down pipe - Wrapped, good condition
All silicone couplers, all new gaskets throughout, a new wastegate valve seal, all hardware you'll need to bolt everything together
ECUtek Cable and Dongle
FBM 550 and 1000cc injectors - 1000's have the PnP adapters on them, 750's don't need them
Wastegate Springs
Dump Tube
Precision Wastegate - Unknown wastegate setup currently
TiAl BOV block off plate - The BOV I received was damaged, so instead of replacing it I just made a block off plate
Electronic Boost Control Solenoid
FBM 270lph fuel pump


To get this kit up and running on your car, you'll need: Water lines, oil feed line, return oil line/welded oil pan, and a FBM Base Manifold, and a 3" air filter (also damaged during shipping), so keep that all in mind when you offer a price to me. Like I said, I know this kit isn't desirable except to a very small segment of the community, but that's why I'm asking so little for the kit. Get yourself a new manifold and have a good turbo kit at a low price.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ps4zczrzjs.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...psfkpe9syt.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...pszpyxidlp.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ps8rpvdk31.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...psy11nelfi.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...psjyodsxic.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...psd1cz2nid.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...psfprlhtyf.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...psw594oapp.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...psnikrww8i.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ps2hzfljkv.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...psjzo4ypdi.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...psjfxam3gf.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...psoq1zlwhf.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...pssbx5bjjm.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...psixnj8ffm.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...psfbtflhd1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...pszn4dan04.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...psiopgvfpo.jpg


$1750 Shipped, and I am not parting anything out from this kit.

:thanks:

Automatic86 04-13-2015 05:37 PM

Definitely jumping the gun on all of this because you may find a buyer. Would you sell the Cable and Dongle separate? If so PM me a price and I can probably take it off your hands.

crazyfrenchbiker 04-13-2015 05:43 PM

If the potential buyer is looking for a welded pan with oil return and oil feed line, I'll have one to part with very soon.

Hope this helps with your sale.

raven1231 04-13-2015 05:58 PM

Interested will have to price out some things first. I'll let you know tonight

Travisty75 04-13-2015 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Automatic86 (Post 2211161)
Definitely jumping the gun on all of this because you may find a buyer. Would you sell the Cable and Dongle separate? If so PM me a price and I can probably take it off your hands.

Sorry my friend, but I can't let the cable and dongle go from this kit. I need all of the parts I can get to make this as appealing to the next owner as I can. Good luck in your search though.:thumbsup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyfrenchbiker (Post 2211171)
If the potential buyer is looking for a welded pan with oil return and oil feed line, I'll have one to part with very soon.

Hope this helps with your sale.

I appreciate you looking out. Is your pan/feed line for the FBM kit?

Quote:

Originally Posted by raven1231 (Post 2211196)
Interested will have to price out some things first. I'll let you know tonight

Just keep me in the loop. No hard feelings if you don't want to go for this. :)

tumbla.jr 04-13-2015 07:47 PM

Price for 1000cc Injectors

raven1231 04-13-2015 07:54 PM

Need fans and fuel pump too I'm guessing ?

Travisty75 04-13-2015 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tumbla.jr (Post 2211357)
Price for 1000cc Injectors

Not parting this kit out, sorry.

Quote:

Originally Posted by raven1231 (Post 2211364)
Need fans and fuel pump too I'm guessing ?

Fans were not included when I bought the kit, and I'm not sure if you can get away with running the factory fans on this kit, but I was planning on buying some SPAL fans and replacing the stock units.

I forgot to include it in the first post, but it also includes FBM's 270lph fuel pump.

crazyfrenchbiker 04-13-2015 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Travisty75 (Post 2211315)
I appreciate you looking out. Is your pan/feed line for the FBM kit?

Yes, it is compatible :)

raven1231 04-14-2015 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyfrenchbiker (Post 2211564)
Yes, it is compatible :)

How much for the pan?

Travisty75 04-14-2015 06:14 PM

Let's bump this back up.

Since it wasn't in the pictures I went in search of the fuel pump, and it's MIA.

BRZach 04-14-2015 06:34 PM

If i had the money, would be on this in a second. Glws, Bump.

Travisty75 04-16-2015 07:47 AM

Bump. I'm leaving the country on Sunday so unless someone gets it today and I can ship it today/tomorrow, it'll have to wait until the last week of April, when I return.

raven1231 04-16-2015 09:18 PM

Interested but cost of manifold scares me. Also want a kit that can run on stock fuel system

Travisty75 04-16-2015 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raven1231 (Post 2215738)
Interested but cost of manifold scares me. Also want a kit that can run on stock fuel system

You can run this kit on the stock fuel system. You don't need to upgrade anything and you can easily get to ~300whp on pump gas. The stock system will support that without issue.

Yeah, the header isn't cheap, but that's one of the reasons why I have the kit priced where I do.

Travisty75 04-18-2015 08:19 PM

Bump!

iamdaspoon 04-18-2015 09:38 PM

Whats the cost of the manifold? Can't find the price on their website.

Travisty75 04-18-2015 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamdaspoon (Post 2218136)
Whats the cost of the manifold? Can't find the price on their website.

LJ verbally told me around 1,000

Travisty75 04-22-2015 01:06 PM

Bump this thing back up! :)

Travisty75 04-26-2015 09:00 PM

Got engaged bump!!

raven1231 04-26-2015 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Travisty75 (Post 2227757)
Got engaged bump!!

Congrats bud! Still interested but on the fence lol

Travisty75 04-27-2015 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raven1231 (Post 2227779)
Congrats bud! Still interested but on the fence lol

I'd like to see this kit used so send me an offer. :)

And thanks very much! It was a long time coming, but I'm not one to make rash decisions. :)

raven1231 04-27-2015 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Travisty75 (Post 2228040)
I'd like to see this kit used so send me an offer. :)

And thanks very much! It was a long time coming, but I'm not one to make rash decisions. :)

I'm in the same boat as you man. Finally going to get married and we have been together going on 6 years.

Travisty75 04-27-2015 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burtonxsnow (Post 2228967)
would you sell just the piping?

I really don't want to only because I'll be left with an even more incomplete kit... But it may come to that since there have been others asking for other components of this kit.

Travisty75 04-29-2015 02:27 PM

BUMP! :D

Travisty75 05-01-2015 08:49 PM

Bump!

Have a couple offers in, just waiting on final word. Will update as soon as I know! :)

Travisty75 05-05-2015 06:45 AM

Bump this back up.

One guy backed out, and the other is unresponsive. We'll keep this floating back around the top. :)

Duzkol 05-05-2015 10:52 PM

I send you a PM

Travisty75 05-06-2015 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duzkol (Post 2238693)
I send you a PM

Replied, and pending!

Travisty75 05-09-2015 07:22 AM

Not sure why but that buyer is having issues with PayPal, so I'm assuming that sale isn't going to happen.

Bump this thing back up to the top!

Travisty75 05-11-2015 04:18 PM

I'm amazed I still have this.

1500 shipped.

raven1231 05-11-2015 04:46 PM

Funny I was going to offer that amount to you before but didn't think you would take it lol Damn....bump for a good deal!

Travisty75 05-12-2015 02:49 PM

SOLD, to @Teku18


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:49 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.