Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member's Car Journals (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   AUSTINBRZ Black Build (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86073)

austinbrz 04-04-2015 10:15 AM

AUSTINBRZ Black Build
 
2015 CBS Limited BRZ 6MT
Purchased New September 2014 from Austin Subaru

Current list of mods

Interior

Raceseng Apex R Shift Knob
Raceseng Reverse Lock Out
Blackvue dr600gw-hd
Escort Passport Solo S3
Rexpeed Carbon Fiber Shift Trim
Rexpeed Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel Trim
Black Traction Control Buttons
Cusco Carbon Fiber D-shaped Steering Wheel


Exterior

Debadged
Windows Tinted
GCS Smoked Side Markers (integrated turn signals)
Intec Carbon Fiber Tail Lights (Smoked)
Valenti 3RD Brake/Fog Light (Smoked)
Intel High Mount Brake Light
LED Board Full Replacement license plate lights
Carbon Fiber Aero Fender Garnish
GCS LED / Halo DRL Fog Light Housings
6000k HID Headlight upgrade
Diode Dynamics "Always On" DRL wiring kit
Seibon Carbon Fiber Trunk Garnish
Bottom Line (Urethane) Side Skirts
HT Autos Rear Spats
Driveway Labs Type 1 Rear Diffuser
Seibon VS Carbon Fiber Hood
Seibon Wide (10mm) Carbon Fiber Fenders
Leg Sport Clubman Ducktail Spoiler
HIC Roof Spoiler
Greddy GRacer Front Lip
Aerocatch Flush Mount Hood Latches


Wheels and tires

18x8.5 Rays Gramlight 57C6 +35 Front wheels
18x9.5 Rays Gramlight 57C6 +40 Rear wheels
245/35ZR18 Hankook EVO Front Tires
265/35ZR18 Hankook EVO Rear Tires
Muteki SR48 Lug Nuts NeoChrome
Rays Centercaps


Suspension

Stance Super Sport Coilovers


Engine and Exhaust

Cosworth Air Filter
Dezod Dual Exit Cat Back Exhaust

https://c5.staticflickr.com/1/438/31...769d2e53_o.jpg
https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1632/...fcbcb4ab_k.jpg
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7424/...7aeb630d_k.jpg
https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1446/...2b07356a_k.jpg
https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1713/...70a5ac4b_k.jpg
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7469/...40619e47_k.jpg

austinbrz 04-10-2015 11:12 AM

Home from the dealership
 
3 Attachment(s)
Already in love with the car and already debadged.

NWFRS 04-11-2015 11:54 PM

That is BEAUTIFUL.

Nice photos too.

I'm been looking at that exhaust myself. Would you mind snapping some pics and giving us your opinion of it when it gets here? :-)

Ornelas66 04-12-2015 12:43 AM

That car is gorgeous. How do you like your wheel and rim combination. Any rubbing issues? If no, do you think the tire/rim combinatin you got would work with a stock suspension?

austinbrz 04-12-2015 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NWFRS (Post 2209346)
That is BEAUTIFUL.

Nice photos too.

I'm been looking at that exhaust myself. Would you mind snapping some pics and giving us your opinion of it when it gets here? :-)

I installed the exhaust yesterday! WOW!!!!! I will get some pics up today for you. Install was a breeze and I did it with no help, outside of the Dezod install video at FT86Speedfactory. It looks as mean as it sounds. :thumbup:

austinbrz 04-12-2015 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ornelas66 (Post 2209390)
That car is gorgeous. How do you like your wheel and rim combination. Any rubbing issues? If no, do you think the tire/rim combinatin you got would work with a stock suspension?

Yes, that staggered wheel & tire setup was fine with stock suspension. I had a great tech work with me at TireRack.com on fine tuning the tire specs for the wheels. He owned a BRZ and was extremely knowledgable and reeled me back in on a few assumptions I was making. This forum was and continues to be an outstanding wealth of information and ideas. My hat is off to the people who do the DIY's and also try stuff that has not been done before.:thumbsup: I have some pictures I will be posting here of the pre-coilover wheel and tires with the stock suspension and wheel gap soon.

austinbrz 04-12-2015 09:46 AM

First Mods
 
4 Attachment(s)
Plastidip'd the wheels, painted the calipers, installed smoked side markers with led's, installed Valenti smoked tails and smoked 4th brake light.

austinbrz 04-12-2015 10:08 AM

Tires and Wheels
 
2 Attachment(s)
Tires delivered. Wheels delivered. I can't believe they all fit inside the car!

ap5512 04-12-2015 11:13 AM

Very nice.

your house is freaking huge!

austinbrz 04-12-2015 11:30 AM

Wheels and tires installed
 
4 Attachment(s)
Had the wheels and tires installed. Factory suspension and no rub. Here are some shots of the car after the install.

austinbrz 04-12-2015 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ap5512 (Post 2209629)
Very nice.

your house is freaking huge!

Thanks! :thanks: After over 650 skydives and a lot of fun jumping all over the world, I migrated my passion to building this house and now the passion is moving to the BRZ. LOL.

Here are some pictures from the house build..https://www.flickr.com/photos/117197733@N02/

ap5512 04-12-2015 11:44 AM

That's insanely beautiful. That kind of a house in my area would be >$5M. I often think about moving to TX or CA just for the home architectures. I really hate the East coast styles.

austinbrz 04-12-2015 11:48 AM

Added some skirts and a lip.
 
2 Attachment(s)
My son took the BRZ to his shop and installed the skirts and a lip.

austinbrz 04-12-2015 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ap5512 (Post 2209654)
That's insanely beautiful. That kind of a house in my area would be >$5M. I often think about moving to TX or CA just for the home architectures. I really hate the East coast styles.

The wife and I fell in love with the property and the view and just started getting the build underway. Took about 9 months to complete and I was there every day at least once. I took about 27 gigs of photos and they have come in handy with all the wiring and home automation. House was < $600k believe it or not! We did well on the cost and our three kids love that each room is a suite with individual bathrooms. Thanks for the good vibes!

austinbrz 04-12-2015 12:13 PM

Coilovers installed at Soulspeed Performance in Austin
 
1 Attachment(s)
https://www.facebook.com/soulspeed/p...type=1&theater

austinbrz 04-12-2015 12:18 PM

Only way to get a jack under my car now...
 
1 Attachment(s)
Home Depot 2x12 cut down to get the car high enough to get the jack under the chassis.

austinbrz 04-12-2015 05:01 PM

Dezod catback installed
 
3 Attachment(s)
Installed the Dezod catback exhaust yesterday. Drove about 70 miles getting used to the sound. Here are some pics.

austinbrz 04-12-2015 05:27 PM

Interior Mods
 
2 Attachment(s)
Blackvue, Escort Passport Solo, Shift Knob and Reverse Lockout.

austinbrz 05-11-2015 04:39 PM

Halo Fog Lights installed
 
1 Attachment(s)
Finally got the GCS LED/Halo Fog lights installed. Got them from FT86Speedfactory.

FSpeed 05-11-2015 05:17 PM

:bow:

Your car is perfect.

austinbrz 05-18-2015 09:36 PM

Intec High Mount Brake Light
 
4 Attachment(s)
Deleted factory brake light and installed the Intec High Mount Brake Light.

Not too hard of a mod, came with factory harness and decent instructions. It took about an hour to install and delete the spaceship.

Jyn 05-19-2015 08:00 AM

We may have to meet up sometime. I've been thinking of some of the mods you have (mostly the catback and brake/reverse lights). Great car!

JS + BRZ 05-19-2015 01:06 PM

That's a mean looking BRZ! And OMG love your house.

austinbrz 05-20-2015 08:18 AM

'86 Meet up
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jyn (Post 2254430)
We may have to meet up sometime. I've been thinking of some of the mods you have (mostly the catback and brake/reverse lights). Great car!

I have everything for professional detailing in my garage and plenty room to work on up to 3 cars inside if we want to get together and then shoot some professional pictures at my house or in my neighborhood. I am at 1150' AGL and the views out here are more than nice. Roads are nice and twisty out to Driftwood, and I am only 20 mins from downtown.

Jyn 05-20-2015 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by austinbrz (Post 2255686)
I have everything for professional detailing in my garage and plenty room to work on up to 3 cars inside if we want to get together and then shoot some professional pictures at my house or in my neighborhood. I am at 1150' AGL and the views out here are more than nice. Roads are nice and twisty out to Driftwood, and I am only 20 mins from downtown.

I'll shoot you a message on FB... assuming this rain ever stops for more than 12 hours :lol:

Terran 07-12-2015 05:31 PM

Loving your build. And nice house.

austinbrz 07-13-2015 11:47 AM

Thanks!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Terran (Post 2318511)
Loving your build. And nice house.

Your build is awesome! Clean and black! That is what I like!

austinbrz 07-13-2015 11:58 AM

Ripped off my front lip...
 
Hit a wooden dining seat cushion in the road on the way to work and completely ripped off the front lip. Impossible to avoid over a hill on a tight road. Any normal height car would have missed it by a mile. Also, on my third set of smoked GCS side marker lights. FT86speedfactory must think that I am crazy as that has been in my last three orders. Regardless, I love the way they look and work with the turn signals.

I ended up going back and recovering the lip. My son sanded, painted and clear coated it for me and then took it to his shop to re-attach. Looks perfect again. I am now really quick at soldering and shrink-wrapping the side markers as I have to replace them. Wife asked me if I still want the car so low....silly question.

I have added the rear spats as well and plan to get some more pics up soon.

austinbrz 07-13-2015 12:11 PM

Some Dashcam Videos
 
Here are a couple of interesting videos from my dash cam.

Deer Encounter
https://youtu.be/9r1K2u4FLXk

Lightning Strike
https://youtu.be/PkFe8x0VspU

Head On Scare
https://youtu.be/avcNME9m5nU

austinbrz 08-04-2015 08:11 AM

6000K and Always On DRL added
 
1 Attachment(s)
Simple upgrade to 6000k HID bulbs and Diode Dynamics Always on DRL. I love the look!

austinbrz 08-10-2015 10:37 AM

Cars and Coffee Oasis in Austin
 
1 Attachment(s)
Fun times with "Bat City Subies" on Sunday

Scottemad123 08-10-2015 10:46 AM

Saw your car up there sunday, and recognize her from austin subaru. I usually just swing through C&C early then take off before it gets too crazy.

austinbrz 09-07-2015 07:32 PM

Driveway Labs Type 1
 
2 Attachment(s)
:thumbsup:Added a diffuser this weekend.

austinbrz 09-20-2015 10:54 AM

Quick Photoshoot
 
https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5645/...c2a8a9ee_k.jpgIMG_4359 by Jeff Smedley, on Flickrhttps://farm6.staticflickr.com/5768/...5932f89c_k.jpgIMG_4356 by Jeff Smedley, on Flickr
https://farm1.staticflickr.com/751/2...ce1fadc9_k.jpgIMG_4348 by Jeff Smedley, on Flickr
https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5742/...b85b0542_k.jpgIMG_4343 by Jeff Smedley, on Flickrhttps://farm1.staticflickr.com/655/2...a745df45_k.jpgIMG_4339 by Jeff Smedley, on Flickr
https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5675/...6c873b71_k.jpgIMG_4333 by Jeff Smedley, on Flickr
https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5626/...b2eb6d8e_k.jpgIMG_4327 by Jeff Smedley, on Flickr
https://farm1.staticflickr.com/778/2...dbda9490_k.jpgIMG_4325 by Jeff Smedley, on Flickr

austinbrz 01-15-2016 08:55 AM

CF Hood Installed
 
1 Attachment(s)
Seibon CF vented front fenders will be installed this weekend.

austinbrz 01-17-2016 07:56 PM

Leg Sport Ducktail Spoiler added
 
2 Attachment(s)
The build continues....

mykoe 01-17-2016 08:30 PM

Love your car, inspires my build :) @austinbrz, what roof spoiler did you go with?

austinbrz 01-18-2016 03:25 AM

Roof Spoiler
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mykoe (Post 2512587)
Love your car, inspires my build :) @austinbrz, what roof spoiler did you go with?

Thanks! HIC Roof Spoiler.

austinbrz 01-18-2016 04:09 AM

Not sure if I want to paint my hood....
 
https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1556/...8862ef72_o.jpg

Boywonduh 01-18-2016 08:51 PM

BEAUTIFUL, I don't like black out cars in general but man your car is nice!!! And the house is too :D


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:19 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.