Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Super Bowl XLIX (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81123)

Frost 01-21-2015 04:49 PM

Super Bowl XLIX
 
To start things off, who do you think is going to win and what bets have you made with friends.

None of you can top this one however:
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...super-bowl-bet

Starlord VERSUS Captain America.

**mind blow**

Sick kids are about to get a massive dose of awesome.

Frost

53Driver 01-21-2015 05:23 PM

I want the Patriots to win, but ultimately voted for the Seahawks because I feel they are the much stronger team. I also think the Green Bay game was a wake up call and probably invigorated them to play at a much higher level than they did in the NFC championship game. I just hope it's a much better game than last year's SB was. Good grief that was a slaughter.

Special_K 01-21-2015 05:42 PM

I also voted Seahawks. I hate the team but just objectively think they'll pull out the W... I would absolutely love to see the hawks get dominated though, it would make my day.

tahdizzle 01-21-2015 05:44 PM

Pats will deflate their balls even MOAR, and dominate the hawks!

DAEMANO 01-21-2015 05:49 PM

Hawks, cause a great defense almost always trumps a great offense

AND

The refs are going to PUNISH the Cheatriots by essentially calling this one like a Seahawk home game.

tahdizzle 01-21-2015 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAEMANO (Post 2100113)
Hawks, cause a great defense almost always trumps a great offense

AND

The refs are going to PUNISH the Cheatriots by essentially calling this one like a Seahawk home game.


How many penalties did the Seahawks get last home game? :P

DAEMANO 01-21-2015 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tahdizzle (Post 2100115)
How many penalties did the Seahawks get last home game? :P

Quantity of penalties is SO much less important than the timeliness of each call. Just watch the Hawks get the more critical calls go their way on Feb 1. GB had choke that game away, they had so much advantage.

tahdizzle 01-21-2015 06:29 PM

GB was ultra fail

Atropine 01-21-2015 06:40 PM

I think the Seahawks will struggle to score any points against New England due to a lack of offensive weapons. Belichick will scheme to stop or slow down Lynch...and the Seahawks receivers will struggle to get separation from the Patriot secondary.

Also, the Seahawks O-Line is banged up and will struggle against a Pats D-Line anchored by Vince "Air" Wilfork.

Also look for New England to run some bubble screens at Richard Sherman and force him to make tackles (sweep the leg Johnny!) with that banged up elbow.

Patriots somehow use the us against them mentality to score enough to win.

I am picking
Pats 24
Seahawks 13

BTW I am a Pats fan that lives in Tacoma (45 min away from Seattle).

I do pull for the Seahawks, unless they are playing against my Pats.

Either way, this will be bitter sweet, because I have defended the Pats since 2007 against the "cheaters" label.
But fuck it, its earned and I am very disappointed.

EDIT: to the people claiming the Pats are the only team that cheats...Adderall.

rice_classic 01-21-2015 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tahdizzle (Post 2100115)
How many penalties did the Seahawks get last home game? :P

All of them...





...it felt like :lol:



GO HAWKS! The Pats aren't my least favorite team (aka I don't hate them) and of course I clicked on Seahawks on the poll above but... In the last several years, in EVERY game that I bet against the Pats, I've lost. So my lesson was never bet against Tom Brady. I'm conflicted.

M-17 01-23-2015 01:43 PM

PATRIOTS over Seahawks

http://www.jostens.com/sports/conten...l_xxxvi_lg.jpg


Next question.

echo419 01-23-2015 02:04 PM

I wonder what they'll get caught doing to cheat this time.

f0rge 01-23-2015 02:19 PM

I have to go with the Pats on this one. Not a fan of either team.

It's going to come down to the Seattle offence, and I just don't think they have the talent to put up enough points to make a difference.

Timmy_Jones 01-23-2015 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 53Driver (Post 2100071)
I want the Patriots to win, but ultimately voted for the Seahawks because I feel they are the much stronger team. I also think the Green Bay game was a wake up call and probably invigorated them to play at a much higher level than they did in the NFC championship game. I just hope it's a much better game than last year's SB was. Good grief that was a slaughter.

Couldn't agree more.

Fortis 01-23-2015 05:36 PM

Yeah I know shoulda-woulda-coulda but the Packers should of won that game. Those last 3 minutes were laughable. I'm not a fan of the Seachickens but I don't think they're gonna have a problem beating the Pats.

MokSpeed 01-23-2015 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fortis (Post 2103094)
Yeah I know shoulda-woulda-coulda but the Packers should of won that game. Those last 3 minutes were laughable. I'm not a fan of the Seachickens but I don't think they're gonna have a problem beating the Pats.

Cowboy's should've won against the Packers.

Lions should've won against the Cowboys.

Maybe, maybe not?

What I know SHOULD happen is the NFL should stop wasting and exhausting all their resources looking into deflated footballs in a game that was basically a 45-7 beat down, and instead they should look into how their officials can consistently blow crucial calls so often. They should also look into why some of their "rules" are so stupid such as a process rule for the catch. I still don't understand how neither Megatron or Dez Bryant's catches were both ruled incomplete. Then again the NFL is about as real as WWE wrestling at this point.

NemesisPrime909 01-23-2015 06:04 PM

Voted Seahawks because 9/10 they surprise you every time you think one team is going to roll over them, they comeback for the win.

also my hatred for the patriots has me cheering for the seahawks. to be honest if it was the colts, I wouldn't care either way. Basically I'm looking forward to the 2015 season.

echo419 01-26-2015 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MokSpeed (Post 2103114)
Cowboy's should've won against the Packers.

Lions should've won against the Cowboys.

Maybe, maybe not?

What I know SHOULD happen is the NFL should stop wasting and exhausting all their resources looking into deflated footballs in a game that was basically a 45-7 beat down, and instead they should look into how their officials can consistently blow crucial calls so often. They should also look into why some of their "rules" are so stupid such as a process rule for the catch. I still don't understand how neither Megatron or Dez Bryant's catches were both ruled incomplete. Then again the NFL is about as real as WWE wrestling at this point.

found a Pats fan. :lol:

MokSpeed 01-26-2015 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by echo419 (Post 2105434)
found a Pats fan. :lol:

I hope you're not a Falcons fan because that leaves you no room to talk. :bellyroll:

Why would a Pats fan be complaining? They're in the Superbowl. I'm a Cowboys fan. Not a delusional one either. We got away with that hold in Detroit. Just like Green Bay got bailed out by the refs. Officiating has been a joke as of late.

53Driver 01-26-2015 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MokSpeed (Post 2105518)
I hope you're not a Falcons fan because that leaves you no room to talk. :bellyroll:

Why would a Pats fan be complaining? They're in the Superbowl. I'm a Cowboys fan. Not a delusional one either. We got away with that hold in Detroit. Just like Green Bay got bailed out by the refs. Officiating has been a joke as of late.

I agree, the officiating has been horrible the last few years. Partly why my interest in the league has slowly waned. Too many big game decisions getting botched. With instant replay, not even sure how this has developed into such a problem. Maybe there's just too many rules now? I don't know, either way I'm pretty much done with it. I can't stand watching baseball on TV so I guess my only other options at this point are basketball and hockey.

echo419 01-26-2015 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MokSpeed (Post 2105518)
I hope you're not a Falcons fan because that leaves you no room to talk. :bellyroll:

Why would a Pats fan be complaining? They're in the Superbowl. I'm a Cowboys fan. Not a delusional one either. We got away with that hold in Detroit. Just like Green Bay got bailed out by the refs. Officiating has been a joke as of late.

I am and they are not a bunch of habitual cheaters so I have plenty of room to talk.

Why would they be complaining? Because their cheating asses got caught again that's why. This has nothing to do with officiating. It's about cheating and then being caught again.

MokSpeed 01-26-2015 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by echo419 (Post 2105565)
I am and they are not a bunch of habitual cheaters so I have plenty of room to talk.

Why would they be complaining? Because their cheating asses got caught again that's why. This has nothing to do with officiating. It's about cheating and then being caught again.


It's becoming more apparent how much of a joke the NFL is so I actually thank the Patriots for "cheating". The NFL allows teams to modify the footballs so long as they're within a set PSI range, yet they only inspect the ball a couple of times prior to a game and leave the equipment under each team's management. Do you honestly believe this is the first time or even the first team to have ever tampered with game balls? If they don't want this happening then don't let it happen. They are fully capable of managing their own game balls. Every other league seems to have a handle on it so why does the NFL get a pass? Also, if a team (The Colts in this instance) is going to b*tch about deflated balls how about you put up a better performance than losing 45-7?

RobertPaulson 01-26-2015 12:15 PM

Hawks win 28-24 and Brady is picked off on the final drive to lose the game.

Tcoat 01-26-2015 01:01 PM

Is it just me or does Superbowl XLIX sound like a porno title?

53Driver 01-26-2015 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tcoat (Post 2105746)
Is it just me or does Superbowl XLIX sound like a porno title?

That toque has restricted the blood flow to your brain. :popcorn:

Tcoat 01-26-2015 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 53Driver (Post 2105784)
That toque has restricted the blood flow to your brain. :popcorn:

Hey I watched a football game once!
Way too calm for me.
http://www.sportsmemes.net/pics/6093.jpg

53Driver 01-26-2015 01:47 PM

My college had it's hockey program suspended due to fights. And it wasn't the players it was the fans that got us the sanctions.

cdrazic93 01-26-2015 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MokSpeed (Post 2103114)
Megatron

Lol holy shit megatron plays? Damn wheres the autobots, for some grunge robot arena football when ya need em...

BlueDubbinTDI 01-26-2015 01:51 PM

Literally the only 2 teams in the playoffs I didn't want to make it. I think the Pats got this.

echo419 01-26-2015 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MokSpeed (Post 2105625)
It's becoming more apparent how much of a joke the NFL is so I actually thank the Patriots for "cheating". The NFL allows teams to modify the footballs so long as they're within a set PSI range, yet they only inspect the ball a couple of times prior to a game and leave the equipment under each team's management. Do you honestly believe this is the first time or even the first team to have ever tampered with game balls? If they don't want this happening then don't let it happen. They are fully capable of managing their own game balls. Every other league seems to have a handle on it so why does the NFL get a pass? Also, if a team (The Colts in this instance) is going to b*tch about deflated balls how about you put up a better performance than losing 45-7?

no it's probably not. but that doesn't negate the fact that it happened. this would all be a non issue if they'd just pay the fine, admit it and say, "well we got it fixed and put up 41pts. so yeah.".

Lonewolf 02-01-2015 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobertPaulson (Post 2105675)
Hawks win 28-24 and Brady is picked off on the final drive to lose the game.

Your call was dead-on, just with the rolls reversed...that's nuts!

By the way Sherman, you mad bro? :D

airjonny 02-01-2015 11:13 PM

I know this is hindsight, but 40 seconds, a timeout and 3 downs....and you don't give it to Beast Mode??

Ultramaroon 02-01-2015 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobertPaulson (Post 2105675)
Hawks win 28-24 and Brady is picked off on the final drive to lose the game.

That's some freaky shit. How yu du dat?

PhoKingCool 02-01-2015 11:28 PM

Go Patriots!!! I am ecstatic to see the Sea Hawks go down!!!

TheVoiceOfReason 02-01-2015 11:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I didn't really want either team to win, so this was the best part of the superbowl for me.

xuimod 02-02-2015 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheVoiceOfReason (Post 2114492)
I didn't really want either team to win, so this was the best part of the superbowl for me.

Have to admit that part of the performance was pretty good. The singing beachballs were funny.

She (Katy Perry) should have cut if off there though.... the performance of 'Fireworks' was really corny and stupid imo. 'Fireworks' is a song to uplift semi-depressed people, didn't really fit in the whole Super Bowl environment.

rice_classic 02-02-2015 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by airjonny (Post 2114464)
I know this is hindsight, but 40 seconds, a timeout and 3 downs....and you don't give it to Beast Mode??

This. It was 2nd Freakin' down on like the 2 yard line!!!! WTF are you doing running a play where you're passing the ball TO THE FRONT THE OF ENDZONE??!!!

The play was SO deliberately daft, it almost seems like a deliberate loss. Right after it happened my immediate response was: "there's no way that was an accident, it was too shitty of a play to be on purpose."

But sometimes in sports (and in racing) you get beat... Other times you just fuckin' lose.

themadscientist 02-02-2015 05:06 AM

Stopped watching Superbowls when they banned titty flashes at halftime.

echo419 02-02-2015 06:47 AM

I won 3 of 4 quarters in my squares game. I had 4-4 and 4SEA-8Pats. everything went perfectly. :lol:

53Driver 02-02-2015 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobertPaulson (Post 2105675)
Hawks win 28-24 and Brady is picked off on the final drive to lose the game.

That was an extremely prophetic post if you substitute Pats for Hawks and Wilson for Brady.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:46 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.