Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member's Car Journals (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Frozen Tundra 86 (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80271)

illmattic 01-06-2015 10:45 PM

Frozen Tundra 86
 
19 Attachment(s)
In 2011 I started spectating Club FR events and was instantly hooked on drifting and proper drift car style. I had already been exposed to it with magazines, youtube, and movies but never saw it in person with proper cars. After attending events for awhile I decided I needed to finally buy one of these cars I was lusting after. I decided to sell my Cobalt and started to look at getting something RWD that would be the best daily driver/drifter. I looked at S13/S14's, IS300's, and 350z's. All the s13/s14's were shitty, rusty, and overpriced. Not to mention I had no place to build a project. IS300's were way to hard to find and it was like looking for a needle in a haystack. Then came the 350z and I decided that this was what I wanted.

On a whim I decided to test drive an FRS at the local dealer and I was in love. Few months later in April 2013 and I was driving home a brand new Raven FRS. After nearly 2 years of ownership I decided to make a build thread. Below is the chronicles of this car in photo form.

Attachment 99779
Right after purchasing

Attachment 99782
Stance Coilovers installed at like 3,000 miles if that

Attachment 99791
Ordered Work Kiwami's and Federal tires

Attachment 99798
Car with the wheels installed. I also threw on a banner trying to attempt some style. Drove the car like this until winter. Once winter hit I threw the stock wheels on with winter tires and drove it.

Attachment 99792
In spring 2014 I lowered the car more, installed PBM LCA, and Megan toe rods.

Attachment 99781
Attachment 99784
Attachment 99785
Attachment 99789
Attachment 99790
Attachment 99787
Attachment 99793
Attachment 99795
Installed a Bayson R lip kit and took a bunch of photos

Attachment 99786
Went to Final Bout with some friends.

Attachment 99780
Had my buddy fix the rear camber. Car now is at -3.5F and -2.0R

Attachment 99796
Attachment 99797
Attachment 99783
In October 2014 I finally did my first drift event. I sucked but it was an awesome experience to finally get on the track and to learn the basics.

Attachment 99788
This is how the car currently sits as I am driving it in winter again.

Mod List
Work CR-Kiwami Wheels in 18x9.5 +38
Federal 595 tires
Stance Coilovers
326Power Lugnuts
Bride Zeta III Seat
Buddy Club Rail
Version Select checker floor mats
Parts Shop Max Rear Lower Control Arms
Megan Toe Arms
Whiteline front end links
Bayson R Lip Kit (CS Rep)
Cusco Battery Tie Down
Red Tail Lights
Toyota Badges
DDM HID's
Helix Smoked Marker Lights
Nameless track pipe

illmattic 01-21-2015 09:55 AM

Nothing really new except I have paid this car completely off.

LucidMomentum 01-21-2015 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by illmattic (Post 2099317)
Nothing really new except I have paid this car completely off.

That's still an accomplishment! Car looks great too. What lug nuts are those on the wheels?

SkAsphalt 01-21-2015 10:49 AM

Paying off is a great deal!

Greenbay isn't the arctic! (Says the guy from Canada)

illmattic 01-22-2015 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LucidMomentum (Post 2099369)
That's still an accomplishment! Car looks great too. What lug nuts are those on the wheels?

They are the Work Wheels closed end lug nuts but I have some 326Power ones that I'm going to run this year.

illmattic 01-22-2015 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkAsphalt (Post 2099381)
Paying off is a great deal!

Greenbay isn't the arctic! (Says the guy from Canada)

Thanks! Hey, it can get damn cold up here too haha.

TWMPerformance 01-22-2015 10:13 AM

Love your build style dude, keep it up!

Renato
Team TWM Performance

SkAsphalt 01-22-2015 10:21 AM

You clearly like Nas, so I cannot hate.

tahdizzle 01-22-2015 11:42 AM

Paying it off is awesome.

superleggera 01-24-2015 05:03 PM

car looks awesome man

illmattic 04-14-2015 10:17 AM

Not much of an update, but the car is back together for 2015.

Installed Parts:
326 Power Lug Nuts
Version Select Floor Mats
Redline Goods Red Alcantara shift boot

Still waiting on my seat from Evasive Motorsports. Planning on driving drift day 101 and 52 at USAIR at the end of May so hopefully it shows up before then.

Anyways, on to a bunch of low quality cell phone pictures since I've been too lazy to take out my DSLR for a proper shoot.


https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8725/...346aae24_b.jpghttps://flic.kr/p/rQH9A6
https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8799/...1df4b503_b.jpg
https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8708/...7b51d138_b.jpg
https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8731/...2345a1b7_b.jpg
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7710/...42cdbc0e_b.jpg
https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8729/...7502f9d6_b.jpg

illmattic 05-04-2015 09:59 AM

Installed a seat, chilled at Drift Day 51, and went to a car show. My seat belt light and chime is still on even after transferring the wiring over to the Bride so thats super annoying and I have a gnarly clunk from the passenger side front suspension that is pretty much un-fixable. Driving in the next event over memorial day weekend though so super stoked about that.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7752/...841aa851_b.jpg

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8710/...093e9d63_b.jpg

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7792/...05c4ba83_b.jpg

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8877/...85698f90_b.jpg

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7675/...8a765f61_b.jpg

illmattic 05-27-2015 08:07 PM

6 Attachment(s)
Drift Days 101/52 came and went. Car performed awesome and running 18's in the front wasn't as big of a problem as last year after moving some metal and bolts out of the way.

Attachment 110702

Attachment 110703

Attachment 110704

Attachment 110705

Attachment 110706

Attachment 110707

simonweisberg 05-31-2015 12:23 AM

Do you have the link where you bought the stance coilovers? Do you remember the name and/or price? Thanks so much love the build!

illmattic 06-01-2015 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simonweisberg (Post 2268645)
Do you have the link where you bought the stance coilovers? Do you remember the name and/or price? Thanks so much love the build!

TF-Works has everything you need man.

illmattic 01-12-2016 09:33 AM

6 Attachment(s)
Did some more drifting
Attachment 129013

Attachment 129014

Just some other misc. photos
Attachment 129015

Attachment 129016

Attachment 129017

Attachment 129018

Car is put away for the winter. I have some plans for 2016 but we will see what happens.

eggncheese 01-12-2016 09:57 AM

Loving this car. Great work. 2k16 = FI?

illmattic 01-12-2016 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eggncheese (Post 2506343)
Loving this car. Great work. 2k16 = FI?

Thank you. Going to stay N/A for awhile but would like to add a header, overpipe and OFT on E85 eventually.

RichardsFRS 01-12-2016 01:03 PM

Why the hell is your garage so clean, mines a freakin mess!

eggncheese 01-12-2016 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by illmattic (Post 2506535)
Thank you. Going to stay N/A for awhile but would like to add a header, overpipe and OFT on E85 eventually.

I like it. I'm currently running a Gruppe-S UEL, Motiv OP, invidia resonated FP, and N1 exhaust. No cats.

How do you like your Stance coils? That's on my short list of mods in the coming months. Take the abuse of drifting pretty well?

NyC Zn6 01-12-2016 03:46 PM

what spring rates on the Stance coils and are you maxxed out? I'm running 6k front and 7k rear and i want to go a little lower . Thinking if i should go with Swift springs. Where did you get the rear spoiler as well? thanks in advance

illmattic 01-12-2016 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardsFRS (Post 2506607)
Why the hell is your garage so clean, mines a freakin mess!

haha thats my parents old house. Dad is super anal about having the garage spotless. Mine isn't so clean since I share it with two roommates that also drift.

Quote:

Originally Posted by eggncheese (Post 2506804)
I like it. I'm currently running a Gruppe-S UEL, Motiv OP, invidia resonated FP, and N1 exhaust. No cats.

How do you like your Stance coils? That's on my short list of mods in the coming months. Take the abuse of drifting pretty well?

I've had the coils on the car for about 20,000 miles and they have held up extremely well considering what I put them through on our local roads and track.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NyC Zn6 (Post 2506815)
what spring rates on the Stance coils and are you maxxed out? I'm running 6k front and 7k rear and i want to go a little lower . Thinking if i should go with Swift springs. Where did you get the rear spoiler as well? thanks in advance

Coils are about maxed out in the front with all the lock rings and pretty far from maxed at the rear since I run the PBM LCA's that allow 25-40mm of extra lowering. I believe the coils are the standard 6k/7k setup, but since the car has moved from daily driver to street/track car I'm looking at upgrading to Swift. Spoiler is one of those pre-painted TRD ones from Ebay I think.

Juvenile 01-12-2016 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by illmattic (Post 2080448)
After nearly 2 years of ownership I decided to make a build thread.

It was worth the 2yr wait to see this, well done sir, well done :clap:

illmattic 01-13-2016 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juvenile (Post 2507347)
It was worth the 2yr wait to see this, well done sir, well done :clap:

Thank you!

illmattic 08-01-2016 01:22 PM

4 Attachment(s)
2016 Look

Attachment 140991

Attachment 140992

Attachment 140993

Attachment 140994

Rubbish 08-01-2016 06:50 PM

frs looks good, loving the mods

johnnytsunami 08-15-2016 09:00 PM

one of the few frs with style! Love it!

l1512191 03-10-2017 08:00 AM

Very nice! :)

What offset are your wheels?

Any fitment issues?

AllSickLike 11-01-2017 04:14 AM

any updates on this car?


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:09 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.