Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   A few TRD Japan Parts! (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68304)

connor_lol 06-18-2014 04:59 PM

A few TRD Japan Parts!
 
8 Attachment(s)
Hey guys, after a long 4 months of waiting, my TRD Japan parts came in!

This includes:

Canards
Fender Extensions
Shift Knob
Rear Stabilizing Cover
Rear Side Spoiler

to check out more details on each part, click this link:
http://www.trdparts.jp/english/86_pe...ine/index.html

for my complete build thread, click this link:

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showt...ght=connor_lol


FAQ
Q: How much did you pay for them?
A: too much.

Q: Where did you order from?
A: Contact in LA, special order.

Q: How long does it take?
A: It took 4 months for me to receive these parts as a special order

I will try to post the best pictures from the picture set I took. If you want any other pictures, please be specific as to what you want to see and from what angle! Thanks!


Attachment 82481


Attachment 82482


Attachment 82483


Attachment 82484


Attachment 82485


Attachment 82486


Attachment 82487


Attachment 82488

ZOMFGAARON 06-18-2014 05:09 PM

<-- Check out my car!! 🚗😁


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

connor_lol 06-18-2014 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZOMFGAARON (Post 1803376)
<-- Check out my car!! 🚗😁


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha spotted!!

Snowblind 06-18-2014 10:42 PM

Cool parts, but it's an automatic.

troek 06-18-2014 11:49 PM

pm me if you trouble getting anything else form over here.

connor_lol 06-19-2014 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snowblind (Post 1804025)
Cool parts, but it's an automatic.

Yeah too bad huh

Kiske 06-19-2014 09:10 PM

Not sure how I feel about the fender extensions, they don't seem to add much, but (IMO) take away from the lines of the car by adding more.

The qrt panel winglets, they remind me of the LFA where they had similar pieces next to the pop-up soiler. I also feel like on the LFA, they seem cheap. Not in quality, just in the idea.

The rest of the parts look great. Did you bolt on the canards or just use the double sided tape?

Anychance you also will be getting the TRD stainless diffuser? I'm curous if it will work the the Sube' faux plastic diffuser. It appears like it doesn't go back far enough to get in the way. This way you keep the looks and hopefully add function.

Red on Black <3

wootwoot 06-19-2014 09:57 PM

Really nice car my man. Well done.

tennisfreak 06-20-2014 10:08 AM

Those wheels are BEA utiful!!!

Look 10x better on a car than they do in pictures by themselves.

Ammunition 06-20-2014 01:44 PM

Woot! Good stuff! How is the aero stabilizer above your trunk working out? I really want to know if this will help keep soap suds from getting stuck in the corners under my trunk when I wash my car - biggest PITA to try to clean out :(

connor_lol 06-21-2014 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiske (Post 1806061)
Not sure how I feel about the fender extensions, they don't seem to add much, but (IMO) take away from the lines of the car by adding more.

The qrt panel winglets, they remind me of the LFA where they had similar pieces next to the pop-up soiler. I also feel like on the LFA, they seem cheap. Not in quality, just in the idea.

The rest of the parts look great. Did you bolt on the canards or just use the double sided tape?

Anychance you also will be getting the TRD stainless diffuser? I'm curous if it will work the the Sube' faux plastic diffuser. It appears like it doesn't go back far enough to get in the way. This way you keep the looks and hopefully add function.

Red on Black <3


The canards came with a template in which I had to drill into the bumper. They are two bolts that have a nut on the ends which you have to secure by taking the bumper off, the rest of the canard is a 3M double sided tape! I don't think I will be getting the diffuser anytime soon. Thank you !!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammunition (Post 1807249)
Woot! Good stuff! How is the aero stabilizer above your trunk working out? I really want to know if this will help keep soap suds from getting stuck in the corners under my trunk when I wash my car - biggest PITA to try to clean out :(

I see it more as a vanity piece, but water will get in there regardless even from the sides of the trunk. It just helps minimize the gap between the rear window and trunk !

ShutterSpeed 06-23-2014 12:35 AM

Lol you waited 4 months for those parts? I got the TRD Louvres in from Japan in a week. You should change who you do business with because they clearly gave you the run around for way too long. Japanparts.com for the win.

ck-GT86 06-23-2014 01:07 AM

Looks nice, I digging the fender covers -- actually going to be my next mod.

You've done more mods on an AT than most people I know with MT. Would be a 10/10 in my books if it was MT, great work though.

.ck

connor_lol 06-23-2014 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShutterSpeed (Post 1810572)
Lol you waited 4 months for those parts? I got the TRD Louvres in from Japan in a week. You should change who you do business with because they clearly gave you the run around for way too long. Japanparts.com for the win.

My parts in total were cheaper than Japanparts.com and I didn't have to pay for shipping so

paying less + waiting > paying more + short wait time

STV3 06-23-2014 10:23 AM

Does that aero stabilizing cover thats on the back window by the top of the trunk help keep shit like leafs and crap from getting in there? Im sick of constantly having crap build up in there lol

connor_lol 06-23-2014 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STV3 (Post 1810933)
Does that aero stabilizing cover thats on the back window by the top of the trunk help keep shit like leafs and crap from getting in there? Im sick of constantly having crap build up in there lol

I'm garage kept so I can't really judge that atm, but it seems like it would!

willypongtb 06-23-2014 12:06 PM

so beautiful
fall in love

STV3 06-23-2014 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by connor_lol (Post 1811077)
I'm garage kept so I can't really judge that atm, but it seems like it would!

hmmm I may just have to give it a shot. Car looks great btw

connor_lol 06-23-2014 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STV3 (Post 1811121)
hmmm I may just have to give it a shot. Car looks great btw

Appreciate it!!

Dizzywithadame 06-23-2014 02:25 PM

I really like those wheel well fenders


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kavanagh 06-25-2014 03:50 PM

Thank GOD it's an automatic @connor_lol !


I'm interested in the fender extensions and rear stabilizer cover thing. Is the TRD logo on that stabilizer a sticker that I can remove or somehow otherwise darken it to match our Asphalt?

8R6 06-25-2014 04:01 PM

canards and rear window air stabilizer looks pretty cool.

i dont like any of the canards ive seen on the FRS bumper cuz the two canards on each side aren't parallel to each other (like the PasswordJDM ones). i always thought the canards for the BRZ bumper looked cleaner and now this TRD one is perfect!

Tye300 06-25-2014 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STV3 (Post 1810933)
Does that aero stabilizing cover thats on the back window by the top of the trunk help keep shit like leafs and crap from getting in there? Im sick of constantly having crap build up in there lol

Yes it does. It was my problem too before, after installing the cover, no more leaves since!

STV3 06-25-2014 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tye300 (Post 1815728)
Yes it does. It was my problem too before, after installing the cover, no more leaves since!

Awesome! That's exactly what I wanted to hear. It sucks that I have to spend $200 bucks to keep a clean trunk area lol.

Where did you buy yours BTW

Tye300 06-25-2014 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STV3 (Post 1815740)
Awesome! That's exactly what I wanted to hear. It sucks that I have to spend $200 bucks to keep a clean trunk area lol.

Where did you buy yours BTW

Got mine straight from japan.

connor_lol 06-25-2014 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kavanagh (Post 1815643)
Thank GOD it's an automatic @connor_lol !


I'm interested in the fender extensions and rear stabilizer cover thing. Is the TRD logo on that stabilizer a sticker that I can remove or somehow otherwise darken it to match our Asphalt?

On the rear stabilizer cover, it is painted on, no sticker! I'm sure you could darken it somehow but on asphalt, white isn't too bad IMO ! :party0030:

kavanagh 06-25-2014 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by connor_lol (Post 1815803)
On the rear stabilizer cover, it is painted on, no sticker! I'm sure you could darken it somehow but on asphalt, white isn't too bad IMO ! :party0030:

Thanks!


Nothing a little Sharpie love can't fix - just ask my rims. LoL

NIN69 06-29-2014 09:06 AM

Has anyone found a non TRD rear window stabilizer cover? Gotta have this piece for my FRS. I've had no luck finding one and thought I was maybe searching with the wrong vendors.

Ekuya 06-29-2014 05:32 PM

Sick ride, very clean!

CamryDS 06-29-2014 10:54 PM

I think if your rear spoiler extenders were black that would look much much better.

Since those extenders are actually meant for the TRD lip spoiler, it looks like you got a double decker deal going -- but rest of the car is clean.

I actually was about to buy that spoiler extender right before I saw your post -- i'll have pics up with them installed as well =)

Rest of the car is sexah! nice theme!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:44 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.