Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   FR-S & 86 Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Let's see some clean and tasteful builds (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67776)

suaveflooder 06-11-2014 02:34 AM

Let's see some clean and tasteful builds
 
Looking for ideas to be honest.

We have a "herra frush" thread, I'm looking for no (or few) stickers, usable cars. Not slammed, non agressive wheels (even on the border for mine being a little too aggressive in the looks department).

The R's Tuning BRZ comes to mind. (personally, I think it would look better with a carsmo, stillen, or 5-axes style wing, but that is really the only thing I would change). It's just simple and clean.

Anyone's car come to mind?

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h8...psaf7819e1.jpg

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h8...psee681af1.jpg

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h8...psfff2b06d.jpg

zenki_levin 06-11-2014 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suaveflooder (Post 1790270)
We have a "herra frush" thread, I'm looking for no (or few) stickers, usable cars. Not slammed, non agressive wheels

Clean and tasteful is so subjective. One could say that the car you posted is the opposite of clean and tasteful. Bodykit, huge wing, those wheels...

mfbmike 06-11-2014 06:32 PM

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7344/1...10b07b90_b.jpg

I'd like to think mine fits the criteria. Granted, I've got front fogs and te37's on now.

ilpad 06-11-2014 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zenki_levin (Post 1791510)
Clean and tasteful is so subjective. One could say that the car you posted is the opposite of clean and tasteful. Bodykit, huge wing, those wheels...

I tend to agree with you on this point.

@suaveflooder, while the car you linked is really amazing, its not what I would refer to as "clean". Infact, I would consider your personal car to be a cleaner build than the rocketbunny. I will say tho that the took the time to do a great job with the body kit.

Clean builds..... @Jive Turkey comes to mind. His is very subdued and clean, but still leans to the aggressive.

I personally prefer a little bit of "rice" as I am a product of the fast and the furious generations and will always have a soft spot in my heart for the overdone 240sx builds of my past.

gramicci101 06-11-2014 07:09 PM

Rocket bunny kits look so much nicer when they're properly blended to the body panels instead of being riveted on. I wish the wide fenders would go all the way down though instead of stopping halfway down the tire.

suaveflooder 06-11-2014 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zenki_levin (Post 1791510)
Clean and tasteful is so subjective. One could say that the car you posted is the opposite of clean and tasteful. Bodykit, huge wing, those wheels...

Body kits work, when they are clean. Show this to a 17 year old girl and I bet you she thinks the car is stock (other than the wing, of course)

I mentioned the wing, and TE37's are one of MY personal definitions of clean. LOVE the wheels! They are beyond simple and just work so well on so many cars. When I win the lotto, I plan on running them :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by mfbmike (Post 1791542)
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7344/1...10b07b90_b.jpg

I'd like to think mine fits the criteria. Granted, I've got front fogs and te37's on now.

I would agree with you on this! Your car looks awesome! :cheers:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilpad (Post 1791559)
I tend to agree with you on this point.

@suaveflooder, while the car you linked is really amazing, its not what I would refer to as "clean". Infact, I would consider your personal car to be a cleaner build than the rocketbunny. I will say tho that the took the time to do a great job with the body kit.

Clean builds..... @jiveturkey comes to mind. His is very subdued and clean, but still leans to the aggressive.

I personally prefer a little bit of "rice" as I am a product of the fast and the furious generations and will always have a soft spot in my heart for the overdone 240sx builds of my past.

Thank you for the compliment. I do agree with @jiveturkey. My goodness, his car oozes sex! LOVE IT! Good example!

Quote:

Originally Posted by gramicci101 (Post 1791608)
Rocket bunny kits look so much nicer when they're properly blended to the body panels instead of being riveted on. I wish the wide fenders would go all the way down though instead of stopping halfway down the tire.

AMEN!!!

husker741 06-11-2014 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suaveflooder (Post 1791689)
Show this to a 17 year old girl and I bet you she thinks the car is stock

What are you doing around 17-year-old girls?

gramicci101 06-11-2014 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by husker741 (Post 1791699)
What are you doing around 17-year-old girls?

It's legal in most states, don't judge.

It's not like they're 13.

suaveflooder 06-11-2014 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by husker741 (Post 1791699)
What are you doing around 17-year-old girls?


HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Point was that even someone young, who doesn't give two shits about cars would say, "oh, dat's nice"


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quentin 06-11-2014 08:43 PM

Like mentioned above, clean and tasteful depends on the person. My "perfect" FR-S is a Monogram with ducktail TRD rear spoiler, Toms tails, very slight drop, some 17x8 ET42 wheels, a 235 tire. I'd literally want nothing else. Still very drivable, no rubbing, proportions are OEM+ (as far as the wheels and tires).

Jive Turkey 06-11-2014 11:08 PM

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7070/...4d9339df_b.jpg

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5331/...aed7c918_b.jpg

jaydee_do_work 06-11-2014 11:50 PM

what about me
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y45...4D687F7D46.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y45...3023CB8CAF.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y45...FB7FE5C2E4.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y45...D9FC80705C.jpg

1Cor10:23 06-11-2014 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaydee_do_work (Post 1791986)
what about me

Sorry bro...this is all I could think of. Love the look of your ride though :)

http://cdn.instructables.com/FVZ/OO6...LLA.MEDIUM.jpg

Cliu91 06-12-2014 01:05 AM

May I ask what spoiler that is?

pcporo 06-12-2014 01:26 AM

@DarkCard

he has a really nice clean build imo

jadewbj 06-12-2014 09:06 AM

Here is my car. Nothing crazy or over the top, in my mind at least. She is not widebody, not slammed or boosted. Just a focus on suspension, brakes, braces and improving what is already great in my opinion.

I am waiting on the final bits of my suspension upgrades to come in, GTSPEC adjustable rear control arms and toe arms. I also have a set of 10 series headlights going in next week also.

Full Specs Here

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5038/...1a7e69cb_b.jpg

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2902/...b3b8105c_b.jpg

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5238/...96faefdd_b.jpg

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2915/...02802b30_b.jpg

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2909/...6016130b_b.jpg

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5592/...4a76eb4d_b.jpg

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2904/...3859b562_b.jpg

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2933/...5135370c_b.jpg

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5515/...5012317c_b.jpg

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5564/...f48190dd_b.jpg

MeehowsBRZ 06-12-2014 12:38 PM

Wants clean and simple... posts a heavily modified rocketbunny. There's got to be a meme for that right? lol

Zaku 06-12-2014 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jadewbj (Post 1792384)
Here is my car. Nothing crazy or over the top, in my mind at least. She is not widebody, not slammed or boosted. Just a focus on suspension, brakes, braces and improving what is already great in my opinion.

I am waiting on the final bits of my suspension upgrades to come in, GTSPEC adjustable rear control arms and toe arms. I also have a set of 10 series headlights going in next week also.

Full Specs Here

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5038/...1a7e69cb_b.jpg

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2902/...b3b8105c_b.jpg

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5238/...96faefdd_b.jpg

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2915/...02802b30_b.jpg

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2909/...6016130b_b.jpg

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5592/...4a76eb4d_b.jpg

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2904/...3859b562_b.jpg

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2933/...5135370c_b.jpg

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5515/...5012317c_b.jpg

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5564/...f48190dd_b.jpg

dem wheels them advans, this is such an awesome car!

8R6 06-12-2014 01:08 PM

@R2RO has one of the cleanest FRS/BRZ i've seen on this forum... imo.

dkrou351 06-12-2014 01:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's mine.

jadewbj 06-12-2014 02:13 PM

I am also running a mild power bump. MXP unequal headers, Motiv Catless Front Pipe and MXP catback with a HRI Stage 2 ECUTEK tune. Can't leave the power totally alone lol.
http://jademotorsports.com/wp-conten...s/IMG_0362.jpg

WhiteFRS69 06-12-2014 02:21 PM

this this this! i love your build thread!:thumbup:

Jive Turkey 06-12-2014 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteFRS69 (Post 1792951)
this this this! i love your build thread!:thumbup:

thanks!

i've got a few more things i want to finish up, but so far i'm pretty happy with the car as is. i really need a steering wheel though, idk about you guys but mine is all faded and scratched along the bottom from getting in and out of the car.

otherwise, the only plans i have are to do the FD and wait for the tomei header. interior is consistently a work in progress though...even though i dont know what else i can really do, i refuse to wrap the entire dash/a pillars as i think that will just be TOO much. trying to keep it classy!

WhiteFRS69 06-12-2014 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jive Turkey (Post 1792999)
thanks!

i've got a few more things i want to finish up, but so far i'm pretty happy with the car as is. i really need a steering wheel though, idk about you guys but mine is all faded and scratched along the bottom from getting in and out of the car.

otherwise, the only plans i have are to do the FD and wait for the tomei header. interior is consistently a work in progress though...even though i dont know what else i can really do, i refuse to wrap the entire dash/a pillars as i think that will just be TOO much. trying to keep it classy!

seeing that your from Jersey, where did you get your Interior pieces done???
ive been toying with a few ideas

Jive Turkey 06-12-2014 02:49 PM

my close friend actually does this...but he is in Maine. @Overland Designs

www.overland-designs.com

m.box.design 06-12-2014 03:30 PM

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/h...psa5a17766.png

ZOMFGAARON 06-12-2014 03:39 PM

Let's see some clean and tasteful builds
 
1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 81797
http://purwheels.com/wp-content/uplo.../FRS_PUR_1.jpg

i don't know who's build it it's but the pur wheels BRZ/FR-S are perfect in my opinion.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gramicci101 06-12-2014 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jive Turkey (Post 1792999)
i really need a steering wheel though, idk about you guys but mine is all faded and scratched along the bottom from getting in and out of the car.

... faded? Like, UV faded, or worn faded?

Jive Turkey 06-12-2014 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gramicci101 (Post 1793189)
... faded? Like, UV faded, or worn faded?

yeah just worn, and just feels like plastic and not leather anymore.

i like the pur wheel cars too...i just for the life of me don't understand why they have such tiny tires on such big wheels and they aren't flush/slammed so i dont see how clearance is an issue at all. throw some meats on there...i shouldn't be running a bigger tire on stock body :lol:

-ivan

shiumai 06-12-2014 05:02 PM

everyone considers their own mods 'clean and tasteful' :-P

Simply_the_best 06-12-2014 05:21 PM

Too bad mine has 1 sticker too many...:(:cry:

ilpad 06-12-2014 05:57 PM

theres a reason I name drop @Jive Turkey 's car on threads like this. His was my original favorite on this site.

I need to post some updated pics of mine and get it up here.... idk if I call mine "clean" tho...

fourvalleys 06-12-2014 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cliu91 (Post 1792094)
May I ask what spoiler that is?

It appears to be a five axis spoiler. My favorite.

AVodka14 06-12-2014 06:30 PM

I love the GBS color! Good looking rides thus far. I like subtle spoiler, concave wheels, good color combo (i.e. black paint with polished metal wheels/white paint with charcoal wheels). Moderate lowering, tinted windows, and NO decals.

jadewbj 06-12-2014 06:37 PM

Let's see some clean and tasteful builds
 
Only decals on mine are from sponsors who gave me product. Worth the trade off for me.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ilpad 06-12-2014 06:46 PM

Here's mine:

I have a few decals, tastefully done!

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m...ps4bd47bba.jpg

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m...pse32a5c70.jpg

nograde 06-12-2014 08:09 PM

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7458/...4106daa7_c.jpg
my car, the way it sits at the moment.

Figo 06-12-2014 09:46 PM

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/attac...1&d=1400718564
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/attac...1&d=1400718564

suaveflooder 06-12-2014 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZOMFGAARON (Post 1793099)
Attachment 81797
http://purwheels.com/wp-content/uplo.../FRS_PUR_1.jpg

i don't know who's build it it's but the pur wheels BRZ/FR-S are perfect in my opinion.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my opinion, no to the first, yes to the second (minus wing). Please understand, I'm not saying the first looks bad at all. It's actually pretty damn bad ass. Just too aggressive for me. Second one is CLEAN! :drool:

Ammunition 06-13-2014 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suaveflooder (Post 1793808)
In my opinion, no to the first, yes to the second (minus wing). Please understand, I'm not saying the first looks bad at all. It's actually pretty damn bad ass. Just too aggressive for me. Second one is CLEAN! :drool:

Haha - when I was still a few months away from being able to purchase my FR-S that pic was the background on my desktop for the longest time.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.